Calling NYC Draft Masters owners

JerseyPaul

Post by JerseyPaul » Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:14 am

For all those owners that always leave their best guys on the bench, this game is for you.

Draft 24 players and forget about it. Just get your check at the end of the season. No worrying about how much to bid for Free Agents. No worrying about whether to start your stud or hope for a big game by your backup against a weak defense. Best results count every week.

Come on, we need a few more to fill the NY league.

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:24 am

I'm in Jersey Paul. See you in NY.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Sack

Post by Sack » Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:03 am

Count me in as well Jersey Paul.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:26 am

Paul, I know you asked me on another thread if I would consider combining the New York and Chicago Draft Masters Leagues to at least get one full league. My response is yes we would, but obviously that would entail contacting each Chicago owner and making sure they could get to the Oakbrook Marriott at noon CST instead of 1 p.m. It's certainly possible I think.

But my goal for the rest of the week is to let these late signups play out first. The official count for the Draft Masters League in New York is five (what's up there???) and six in Chicago. I know we'll get more before the end of the week in each city, so let's see how this plays out first.

I think the DM concept is a good one and I bow to the guys in FanEx who first publicly exposed this league concept and really to Lenny and Emil, who tried this concept last year in the WCOFF and got good response. I'm offering it to our guys because I think the interest will grow each year and the $600 entry level and $4,000 first place prize are reasonable.

So the answer right now is that I'm convinced all of you guys will be drafting on Friday, Sept. 3rd and my goal is to produce one full league in each city and maybe two in Las Vegas. That would be fun and the late interest in the NFFC is proof that more signups will come for the Auction Leagues and Draft Masters Leagues, too.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

lichtman

Post by lichtman » Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:37 am

It's not so easy to take a half day off of work (even with the holiday weekend).
Hello. My name is Lee Scoresby. I come from Texas, like flying hot-air balloons, being eaten by talking polar bears and fantasy football.

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:56 am

You need a job like mine, ICO. I work 4-10's so Friday is the start of my weekend every week.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:39 am

Yes, I realize the reasons behind this, Ico. Getting guys in New York to be there at 1 p.m. on Friday is tough and I'm sure that's the case on Friday as well. But we'll fill that Auction League and do the best we can with the Draft Masters League. No slight to the New Yorkers, but.....THIS IS FANTASY FOOTBALL!
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:43 am

If the NFL would go back to starting the season on Labor Day weekend you'd have a lot more people involved in all 3 leagues. How many people do you think we fail to get because of the holiday?
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

JerseyPaul

Post by JerseyPaul » Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:42 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Paul, I know you asked me on another thread if I would consider combining the New York and Chicago Draft Masters Leagues to at least get one full league. My response is yes we would, but obviously that would entail contacting each Chicago owner and making sure they could get to the Oakbrook Marriott at noon CST instead of 1 p.m. It's certainly possible I think.

But my goal for the rest of the week is to let these late signups play out first. The official count for the Draft Masters League in New York is five (what's up there???) and six in Chicago. I know we'll get more before the end of the week in each city, so let's see how this plays out first.

I think the DM concept is a good one and I bow to the guys in FanEx who first publicly exposed this league concept and really to Lenny and Emil, who tried this concept last year in the WCOFF and got good response. I'm offering it to our guys because I think the interest will grow each year and the $600 entry level and $4,000 first place prize are reasonable.

So the answer right now is that I'm convinced all of you guys will be drafting on Friday, Sept. 3rd and my goal is to produce one full league in each city and maybe two in Las Vegas. That would be fun and the late interest in the NFFC is proof that more signups will come for the Auction Leagues and Draft Masters Leagues, too. Or:

Chicago goes to 12:30 and New York goes to 1:30

Either way, if you need 1 to fill in, I'm ready. Have cell phone, Will travel (for those old enough to remember Paladin). I can draft anywhere, anytime.