Nine Owners In Line For The $1 Million Bonus

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:37 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
[QUOTE]
the rest of us will go to the wcoff boards and be free of name calling and 2-facedness. be careful what you wish for and enjoy!
GG - Is calling Lou "old news" free of name calling?

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:30 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by bald is beautiful:
That's exactly the spitwad I saw, too. GG - that makes 3 witnesses - Russ, Mo and me.

I thought at one time Snake was the only guy who couldn't stop, but your last post in this thread shows you just can't NOT say these things to Snake. good. you guys keep snake and when he calls you (or your friend a name) a name (AFTER HE'S BEEN REPEATEDLY WARNED AND PUNISHED), you can sit there and take it.

the rest of us will go to the wcoff boards and be free of name calling and 2-facedness. be careful what you wish for and enjoy!

Duke - i have a very interesting topic to discuss with you there. i'll be starting it in the next two days.
[/QUOTE]Classic. Make sure to place a call to the big guy tomorrow. I'm sure it's in your plans (as always).

Mark, you are no better than anyone on the boards. You make it your business when you don't need to. You act is tiresome.

Oh and the threat to start an "interesting topic" elsewhere, jeez, what will the board do without you? :rolleyes:

Please come back when you have something positive to contribute. In the mean time, good luck in all of your leagues. :D
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:36 pm

Now, to get back on topic, good luck to those in the hunt for the big payday! I'm sure it will be exciting over the next few weeks.

I'm pulling for you, whomever you are! :D
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Leroy's Aces

Post by Leroy's Aces » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:48 pm

I wonder how many of the 9 owners have common players on both teams? I added Rian Lindell in both leagues tonight, so that gives me the following players in common for both teams:

Kurt Warner
Steven Jackson
Brandon Marshall
Rian Lindell
Philly D

which is 50% of my starting lineup. I would obviously need Warner, S. Jax and Marshall to go off in weeks 14-16, but it is possible. I would still think that even two top 5 finishes is really, really hard.
'08 NFFC Primetime Champ

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:53 pm

Dave,

That is a really good start towards the $1,000,000. I can't imagine getting much closer than that to have two teams built basically alike. Good luck with it. You definitely have a ton of upside there.

My guess is that many of the teams that make the finals will have Warner, Forte, Boldin, or Gonzo on their teams. Having Jackson is a big plus in that most teams won't have him. And if Marshall can get going and start scoring some TD's then you have a good chance.

Wayne

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:22 am

I have one starter on both team's
Lance Moore

With three backup's
Jason Campbell
Ladell Betts
Lamount Jordan

If Jordan could get healthy then maybe he could have a little value.
Betts would need an injury to Portis to have real value .
Campbell is there just as a backup to Warner and Romo.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:50 am

Originally posted by bald is beautiful:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
[QUOTE]
GG - Is calling Lou "old news" free of name calling?
[/QUOTE]lou = snake = scooter boy = there are a small group of people who are very toxic to MB's. when they spew their toxins it can get messy for all. if you'd like to disuss further, please PM me or find me on the other side of the river. (PS - My PM box is full every week and I unfortunatley have to purge messages. One of which had your phone number. If you'd like to chat over the phone, please PM me).

Have a great Thanksgiving!
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:54 am

Originally posted by Just Russ:
You act is tiresome.

Oh and the threat to start an "interesting topic" elsewhere, jeez, what will the board do without you? :rolleyes:
i have a feeling that a certain someone will post and alledge Greg PROFITED TOO MUCH THIS YEAR. oh wait YOU already did...

posted November 24, 2008 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Just Russ:
Here are a few things on my NFFC/NBC wishlist:
3)Slightly higher payout %
Keep up the good work. I'm sure Greg REALLY appreciates it. Oh, and have a nice Thanksgiving.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:58 am

Originally posted by Leroy's Aces:
I wonder how many of the 9 owners have common players on both teams? I added Rian Lindell in both leagues tonight, so that gives me the following players in common for both teams:

Kurt Warner
Steven Jackson
Brandon Marshall
Rian Lindell
Philly D

which is 50% of my starting lineup. I would obviously need Warner, S. Jax and Marshall to go off in weeks 14-16, but it is possible. I would still think that even two top 5 finishes is really, really hard. Interesting. My last pickup of the year with my last dollar was Matt Leinart. Why, I feel Warner will get hurt and soon. The only one I wanted on ww and the one I got.

Dave I do agree You need the same players to have a shot at the 1 million, Good Luck and I hope I'm wrong about Warner.

John