Dexter McCluster

Max Factor

Dexter McCluster

Post by Max Factor » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:20 am

He is being drafted in NFFC as an rb and listed on NFL.com depth chart as a wr. With the .5 ppr for rbs here that changes his scoring totals.
Which is correct?
Jeff Potok

King of Queens

Dexter McCluster

Post by King of Queens » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:49 pm

Can we get a final confirmation on McCluster's position eligibility?

mattjb

Dexter McCluster

Post by mattjb » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:39 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
Can we get a final confirmation on McCluster's position eligibility? I can confirm his correct position is on the waiver wire...

Greg Ambrosius

Dexter McCluster

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:08 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
Can we get a final confirmation on McCluster's position eligibility? Dexter McCluster is an RB right now because that's the position he played last season. That's his correct position eligibility. He will remain a RB for the duration of the season and no additional position eligibility will be added to him during the season. He is RB only in the NFFC for 2011.

This is a unique case with McCluster and Brad Smith, but this is not like baseball where players earn dual eligibility during the season. Heck, we don't even have position eligibility guidelines in our rules for in-season additions. So we are all drafting these guys at their positions on Draft Day and at the time of our online drafts and that's where they will earn their points all season long.

I just discussed this yesterday thoroughly with STATS and was going to make this post, so thanks for pushing it forward. McCluster is RB-only for this season, good or bad as the results may come.

[ August 27, 2011, 08:09 AM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Quahogs

Dexter McCluster

Post by Quahogs » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:25 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
Can we get a final confirmation on McCluster's position eligibility? Dexter McCluster is an RB right now because that's the position he played last season. That's his correct position eligibility. He will remain a RB for the duration of the season and no additional position eligibility will be added to him during the season. He is RB only in the NFFC for 2011.

This is a unique case with McCluster and Brad Smith, but this is not like baseball where players earn dual eligibility during the season. Heck, we don't even have position eligibility guidelines in our rules for in-season additions. So we are all drafting these guys at their positions on Draft Day and at the time of our online drafts and that's where they will earn their points all season long.

I just discussed this yesterday thoroughly with STATS and was going to make this post, so thanks for pushing it forward. McCluster is RB-only for this season, good or bad as the results may come.
[/QUOTE]I'm hearing there are issues involving him this past weekend ? I can't see how based on this thread and Greg's response. I drafted him numerous times explicitly as a RB - one being Thursday which shows him roster-ed on STATS as a rb.

The stickers show him as a WR though, I think going forward drafters should be made aware that he's designated as a rb.

jimchristie

Dexter McCluster

Post by jimchristie » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:57 am

Originally posted by Max Factor:
He is being drafted in NFFC as an rb and listed on NFL.com depth chart as a wr. With the .5 ppr for rbs here that changes his scoring totals.
Which is correct? RB's do not get .5 per rec this year they get 1 pt per reception

joetreff

Dexter McCluster

Post by joetreff » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:02 am

I too marked McCluster down as a RB because of this thread. When I drafted him the sticker was yellow and I said "thats a mistake, he is 100% a RB based on Greg's post" no big deal, it will get changed after the draft...I tracked down Tom and he said "WR based on what he was last year"

The question was asked, it was answered by Greg on August 27th. What the heck happened?

[ September 04, 2011, 09:08 AM: Message edited by: felixflamingo ]

boutrous11

Dexter McCluster

Post by boutrous11 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:36 am

Originally posted by jimchristie:
quote:Originally posted by Max Factor:
Which is correct? RB's do not get .5 per rec this year they get 1 pt per reception
[/QUOTE]what? when did this happen?

Sandman62

Dexter McCluster

Post by Sandman62 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:41 am

It didn't. Full PPR in 12-team formats, still .5 in 14s is my understanding.

jimchristie

Dexter McCluster

Post by jimchristie » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:08 am

Sorry, my mistake; no doing 14 team format