2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

BillyWaz

NY LEAGUE 6 - Owner with Hasselback As Starter -

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:37 pm

Originally posted by Liquid Empire:
And Brunell on the bench.....

13 minutes till line-ups lock...

Say it aint so !

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I agree that he shouldn't be "tanking" this early, but if this is how he wants to blow his $1,250, it is his choice. Personally if I were Greg and Tom, I would not let him enter next year.

He may or may not have "given" me a win this week (have to wait on Holmes tomorrow), but it is difficult to swallow for ANYONE (including myself) who loves fantasy football so much and to invest all this $ to just "give up"!

I do appreciate you trying to get a hold of him though, as I'm sure it had NOTHING to do with the fact he was playing me. ;)

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:38 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Liquid Empire:
And Brunell on the bench.....

13 minutes till line-ups lock...

Say it aint so !

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I agree that he shouldn't be "tanking" this early, but if this is how he wants to blow his $1,250, it is his choice. Personally if I were Greg and Tom, I would not let him enter next year.

He may or may not have "given" me a win this week (have to wait on Holmes tomorrow), but it is difficult to swallow for ANYONE (including myself) who loves fantasy football so much and to invest all this $ to just "give up"!

I do appreciate you trying to get a hold of him though, as I'm sure it had NOTHING to do with the fact he was playing me. ;) I'm sure you would have done the same if YOU were playing him this week? :rolleyes:
[/QUOTE]

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:34 pm

Bottom line is this...

the owner(s) of that team are jerk offs and thats all i will say about it...

I bring it up because it taints our league if Priest scores 25+ points tomorrow...

Saying that I woulda done the same thing if I was playing him this week.....

No, you woulda done the same thing I did today

F'n BS

renman

Post by renman » Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:14 pm

it is unfortunate when a owner like that makes that kind of mistake and it can really effect standings in a league. can we think of anything to do to avoid such things? you would think the entry fee for the league would be enough to keep amateurs like that out...

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:27 pm

I don't understand how it can affect standings in the league and I don't see anything wrong with having a stupid owner in your league.

What am I missing here - I wish I had 1 or 2 stupid owners in my league. Heck, I'd take 13 of them if you all don't mind.

Dave
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:55 pm

Originally posted by Dyv:
I don't understand how it can affect standings in the league and I don't see anything wrong with having a stupid owner in your league.

What am I missing here - I wish I had 1 or 2 stupid owners in my league. Heck, I'd take 13 of them if you all don't mind.

Dave The problem is if you already played him in Week 1,2, or 3. He probably input a correct lineup. If he continues to not update his lineup, it's not fair to the teams he's already played prior to the problem.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:09 pm

Originally posted by Dyv:

Dave Team Dimeo started Hasselback on his bye instead of going with Brunell. They are playing Pocket Aces (Billy Waz) in NY LEAGUE 6. The score is currently Pocket Aces 134.5 to Team Dimeo 99.1

Pocket Aces have no other players going MNF and Team Dimeo has Priest vs Balt D.

The reason I am upset is because Pocket Aces are 3-0 and probably the most rounded team in our division. We are currently 3-1. H2H winner in NFFC is worth $5000 so there is alot at stake obviously.

Priest is playing against the best Defense in the league....but it is Priest so it gives anyone a chance if you are down by 25 pts.

Oh well :mad:

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:42 pm

Originally posted by Liquid Empire:
Bottom line is this...

the owner(s) of that team are jerk offs and thats all i will say about it...

I bring it up because it taints our league if Priest scores 25+ points tomorrow...

Saying that I woulda done the same thing if I was playing him this week.....

No, you woulda done the same thing I did today

F'n BS No reason to get hostile.

1st, I agree that it DOES taint our league, and this guys SHOULD NOT be allowed to ever play NFFC ever again (bailing in Week 4 is ridiculous!)

2nd, I am saying thay I highly doubt you would have posted this message if YOU were playing him this week. I can say with all honesty, that I WOULD NOT have posted a message to try and persuade him on what lineup to play (bu that is me). I may have posted my opinion AFTER (as you did), but I wouldn't have done it beforehand. Although it is COMPLETELY unethical, it is THEIR team, and what they do with it is their choice.

[ October 04, 2004, 04:45 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:46 pm

Originally posted by renman:
you would think the entry fee for the league would be enough to keep amateurs like that out... Agree 100%