Anyone still into regular league?

MidasMike

Post by MidasMike » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:13 am

Seems to me nothing about the big league that got us all together is ever talked about anymore! Do all fantasy football fanatics suffer from A.D.D. ,as i think i do ? Whats the matter, all you guys 0-4 or somthing?

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:28 pm

MM, did you just get back from Pluto? There are plenty of guys out there who will have an opinion on anything you want to talk about.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:04 pm

I will agree with Midas Mike....All I see now is this crap with Mid Season leagues on this forum. No one gets pumped for the big league and I am involved in a league with dorks who are trying to make it better for their own sake and never listen to rationale of others. We have a team owner who is anonymous, Greg/Tom are never around anymore, and their is never good discussion.

I think I just saw tumbleweed fly through here.

Oh well
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:42 pm

I think its just a sign that the leagues are running smoothly. Not a bad to be happening.

richieprimo

Post by richieprimo » Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:25 pm

I've been kind of quiet (for me), and I think it is the prospect of losing Jamal Lewis to an NFL suspension in the next few weeks. Or maybe it could be that..."YIKES"...I've kind of bonded with NN :rolleyes: Y, who had been the target of my MB sarcasm and derision of his sometimes other-worldly insights. Other than that, there isn't a whole lot to talk about. The absence of my frequent rhetorical hyperbole seems to be a reflection of my 2-2 record and the disappearing act of Pennington to Moss in the face of the Curtis Martin resuscitation. I'm experiencing the proverbial "kissing your sister" at this point in time. What this board needs is some sharp trash-talking and a few rivalries. Geeko isn't worthy of the keyboard wear, and Nathan is a much too easy target. When I slip into the inevitable cellar dwelling position , I'll try to get something going in the Devils' Advocate role. Until then...this is the best I've got to offer. If you guys want to shoot back, I'm an eight-grade dropout entrepreneur, self-edumacated closet intellectual, ex-bookie, South Philly "Guido" just out here looking to pass some time :cool:

And don't fool yourself, Greg and Tom are on top of everything that is transpiring on these boards.
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:32 pm

I've been busy destroying my local team with questionable trades. Traded away C.Johnson for McAllister last week. C.Brown and Q.Griffin for J.Lewis and Roy williams this week. Maybe I'm hoping to make it past the Lewis suspension and the Deuce injury and make a serious run the last 4-5 weeks. Maybe I'm having so much fun in the main event I just don't care, or maybe I'm just crazy for wanting to add those players to Harrison and Hasselbeck because it looks good on paper. Whatever the case, I'm sure there are several differing opinions. Fire away fellas.

RC

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:37 pm

Originally posted by Al Swearengen:
I've been kind of quiet (for me), and I think it is the prospect of losing Jamal Lewis to an NFL suspension in the next few weeks. Or maybe it could be that..."YIKES"...I've kind of bonded with NN :rolleyes: Y, who had been the target of my MB sarcasm and derision of his sometimes other-worldly insights. Other than that, there isn't a whole lot to talk about. The absence of my frequent rhetorical hyperbole seems to be a reflection of my 2-2 record and the disappearing act of Pennington to Moss in the face of the Curtis Martin resuscitation. I'm experiencing the proverbial "kissing your sister" at this point in time. What this board needs is some sharp trash-talking and a few rivalries. Geeko isn't worthy of the keyboard wear, and Nathan is a much too easy target. When I slip into the inevitable cellar dwelling position , I'll try to get something going in the Devils' Advocate role. Until then...this is the best I've got to offer. If you guys want to shoot back, I'm an eight-grade dropout entrepreneur, self-edumacated closet intellectual, ex-bookie, South Philly "Guido" just out here looking to pass some time :cool:

And don't fool yourself, Greg and Tom are on top of everything that is transpiring on these boards. code: Geeko [/QUOTE]
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

renman

Post by renman » Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:24 pm

i agree... this is my first season in a big time fantasy football league like this.. i am sort of shocked by how little activity there is on this message board about THE LEAGUE...

i see people talking about how to make the league better.. i see people making NEW leagues...

maybe it is the fact we mostly enjoy the process of drafting.. maybe it is because people have no attention span anymore and immediately need something new to focus on... who knows...

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:57 pm

Originally posted by renman:
i agree... this is my first season in a big time fantasy football league like this.. i am sort of shocked by how little activity there is on this message board about THE LEAGUE...

i see people talking about how to make the league better.. i see people making NEW leagues...

maybe it is the fact we mostly enjoy the process of drafting.. maybe it is because people have no attention span anymore and immediately need something new to focus on... who knows... The mid-season lge was born of the message boards, by frequent MB guys - that's why it gets talked about so much.

My guess is that many from the NFFC draft never come here, seems that half can't figure out or just don't bother to even name their team, so maybe that shouldn't be too surprising ...

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:41 am

Got most of my smack talking done before the draft. Now I spend most of my time trying to back it up. So far so good as I'm on top of the Gekko league and top point guy in my main league. I don't have an opinion one way or another about the ideas some of these guys have come up with but I am certainly enjoying my first national experience in fantasy football. Most of the folks on the MB's have been great. Even the whiners and complainers are tolerable. I agree with KJ though in that some guys really get into this and some just go to the draft never to be seen or heard from until next year. Different strokes for different folks.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ