MB Handicapping Contest Week 7 NFL Lines

nnoy

Post by nnoy » Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:53 am

Here are the lines for this week’s contest. They can be verified at http://www.bowmans.com

BAL -5.5
NYG -7
PHI -9
IND -9.5
MIN -6.5
CAR -3
STL -7
TB -7
KC -4
NE –6.5
GB -4.5
SEA -7
OAK -3
DEN -7

These lines will not change and this post will not be edited. Pretend we all are in Vegas at this moment and these are the lines offered to us.

Please post your picks for this week in this thread. Deadline is 1pm EDT Sunday.

Thanks.

nnoy

Post by nnoy » Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:58 am

I know this is the busiest day of the week for the message board so there is a chance some of you are reading this post and have not yet entered the MB Handicapping Contest. There is another thread with all the rules: http://nffcboards.stats.com/cgi-bin/ult ... 1;t=000346

If you have any interest in handicapping the NFL this is a great chance to back-up your smack talk. I know a number of people on the board are self-proclaimed experts (perhaps myself included.) This is your chance to put up or shut up!

nnoy

Post by nnoy » Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:06 am

I’ll get the pick ball rolling for this week:

Clev +9 : Much better team at home, the Eagles will let them stay in this one.

Ind -9.5: Manning is tired of hearing that Culpepper is the league’s best QB, expect a monster day and a Colts blowout.

Az +7: Can you say live dog? The Cardinals are also tough at home. Sea will continue to tailspin after the Rams debacle, they will come out flat and fall behind early. You don’t even need the 7 points (but of course you’ll take them as will I.)

Note: Remember that posts that include your picks cannot be edited after a game starts or you will forfeit your selections for the week. There is plenty of room on the thread to talk smack in new posts (see my numerous exchanges with Primo and Gekko last week.)

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:37 am

nnoy - i admit i'm being lazy here...but can you also post who each team is playing against and whether it's home or away. save me (and others) some time. thanks.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:20 pm

SD +3 over Car: Season almost over for Car.

Atl +4 over KC: Vick goes off.

Den -7 over Cin: Denver covers in both halves; Monday night blowout.

Interesting picks nnoy, looks like you'll be 1-2 for the week.

nnoy

Post by nnoy » Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:45 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
nnoy - i admit i'm being lazy here...but can you also post who each team is playing against and whether it's home or away. save me (and others) some time. thanks. No problem Gordo:

Buf at BAL -5.5
Det at NYG -7
PHI -9 at Clev
Jac at IND -9.5
Hou at MIN -6.5
Sd at CAR -3
STL -7 at Mia
Chi at TB -7
Atl at KC -4
Nyj at NE –6.5
Dal at GB -4.5
SEA -7 at Az
No at OAK -3
DEN -7 at Cin

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:57 am

I'm not in this contest. but I'll post my picks anyway. 1. SEA 2. NO 3. DEN

nnoy

Post by nnoy » Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:39 pm

Vegas Gamblers picks:

Ravens -5.5 over Bills
Eagles -9 over Browns
STL -7 over MIA

nnoy

Post by nnoy » Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:40 pm

Originally posted by Walla Walla:
I'm not in this contest. but I'll post my picks anyway. 1. SEA 2. NO 3. DEN Step up and play Walla Walla.

David Wooderson

Post by David Wooderson » Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:39 pm

Clev +9 over Philly- This line is pretty much 7 everywhere, so I'll take the extra 2 points here, but I think the Brownies have a shot outright to win.

St Louis -7 over Miami- I live in Miami, and while that doesnt mean anything, it is fun to listen to the local talk radio which has spun entirely out of control. The Dolphins threw their radio analyst off the bus this past week for the rest of the year, they banned the media from watching the special teams part of practice because they said they were giving away secrets on the radio pre game show last week (like anyone in Buffalo would have heard it) and the defense hates the offense.

Buffalo +5.5 over Baltimore- I think there is a realistic shot that either of these teams can have trouble scoring 5 points, so I'll take the points.

Just missed. I deeply, deeply wanted to take TB because the mere possibility that Craig Krenzel will be throwing passes in an NFL game is like Willy Wonka handing you the lucky chocolate bar. He couldnt pass the ball in college, how is he going to do it against the Bucs. That is too much wood though for a bad team to be laying though so I have to pass.