The Week 2 Who Do You Hate & Love Thread

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:40 am

Here we go again. This is the thread where you profess your undying devotion to the players who came through for you and spit your venom at the dogs who killed you. I'll begin:

LOVE
Chris Johnson: I still love you Chris Johnson even if LenDale White is taking your touchdowns.

HATE
T.J. Houshmandzadeh: I know it's really Carson Palmer's fault and I know you were playing in winds of 8,000 mph yesterday but you only had one more reception than Antonio Chatman yesterday. Think about that for a minute.

Joey Galloway: He's done. Stick a fork in him.

Zach Miller: So much for that sleeper pick.

Who do you got?
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:56 am

I'm not losing faith in Zach Miller just yet.

The Raiders completed SIX passes yesterday, and Miller had two of them.

What will happen in the next few weeks IMO....

1) Teams are just going to "fill the box" and the Raiders will be FORCED to pass. Their next two games in particular will be against teams who are a bit tougher against the run (Buffalo and San Diego). Keep in mind Denver and Kansas City have HORRIBLE defenses.

Maybe I am just trying to be "optimistic", but I am not bailing just yet.

Who do I hate after two weeks??????

BRAYLON EDWARDS- Catch the ball for Pete's Sake!!!

SAN FRAN'S WR'S- I only own Bruce in a couple leagues and Vernon Davis in one, but good luck predicting who "the receiver of the week" will be.

LAURENCE MARONEY- YOU SUCK!

JACK DEL RIO- Hey Jack... your WR's are TERRIBLE, and Fred Taylor is old. Good idea not getting your best offensive weapon (Jones-Drew) a TOUCH before the 2nd quarter!

Honorable Mention...

BRETT FAVRE- You are behind the ENTIRE game, and Cotchery only gets ONE catch!!??? Unacceptable. :mad:

Now I know why Green Bay kicked your arse to the curb, because Aaron Rodgers is 10x better!

Man, does fantasy football make you say some crazy things!

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:58 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
LOVE: The SNAKEsquads this year in ALL of his leagues...

HATE: the NFL & Godell for absolutely FOCKING FF owners worldwide...

...SNAKE Glenn,

Glad to see you finally came to your senses realizing it was the NFL, and NOT the NFFC that was "screwing you". :D

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:00 am

I think a lot of people - myself included - really underrated Belichick this week. He completely beat Favre by taking Cotchery away from him. That was a masterful job of defensive coaching by the Patriots.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:16 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:

Now I know why Green Bay kicked your arse to the curb, because Aaron Rodgers is 10x better!

Man, does fantasy football make you say some crazy things! I'm glad you added that last sentence. ;)
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

David U. Kennedy

Post by David U. Kennedy » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:56 am

I dont have much to complain about as most of my teams are doing well. But Breylon Edwards is starting to look pretty awful. He needs some stickem and maybe some intensity. Still early but 16 TDS is looking pretty far out of reach. You gotta love B Marshall. I wish I could have gotten him on more teams. Maybe 140 catches is possible!! Forget Moss Marshall will be no.1 wideout this year!!

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:57 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:

BRETT FAVRE- You are behind the ENTIRE game, and Cotchery only gets ONE catch!!??? Unacceptable. :mad:

not sure its Favres fault. Mangini and Schottenenheimer are running the show there. Think Ground Chuck + Martyball. Not pretty.

DOOMSDAY

Post by DOOMSDAY » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:45 am

Herm and Chan are still #1 on my HATE list. I can't throw LJ there yet as his week 1 bottom line should have looked better, but he is begging to be placed here already. Hopefully ATL is the cure in week 3.

HATE - Bernard Berrian, even though it is probably more on T.Jackson. Maybe old man Frerrote should be handed the reigns.

LOVE - Aaron Rodgers! Started himover Big Ben in NBC, but rest of team SUCKED so it didn't help any. Hoping to LOVE me some T.O. tonight and Steve Smith from here on out!

LOVE - Cincy, I avoided them like the plague!

LOVE - Hightower, minimal stats but this kid is fun to watch!

HATE - REDSKINS and EAGLES!!! Just do.