NFFC Las Vegas Auction Leagues #1 & #2

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:01 am

With 28 owners signed, sealed and delivered in the Las Vegas Auction Leagues, it's time to pick the slots and separate the leagues. Below are the two leagues and the nomination orders. Good luck to everyone.

Bruce Barnard and Matthew Berry will be our auctioneers in Las Vegas and we have plenty of help lined up for stickers, with Jan and Claire Gustafson signed up and Rex Weddle on deck. Should be good, good fun at the Excalibur in Las Vegas.

Again, good luck everyone.

LAS VEGAS AUCTION LEAGUE
LEAGUE #1, 4 p.m. PST
1. Sam Caplan
2. Daren Eliason
3. Jim Ferrari
4. Kevin Dukesherer
5. John Barkow
6. Kyle Baldwin
7. John Zaleski
8. Harlan Waggoner
9. Scott Wieland
10. Scott Keikoan
11. James Tracy
12. Mark Moyer
13. David Pope
14. Bill Ezzell

LAS VEGAS AUCTION LEAGUE
LEAGUE #2, 4 p.m. PST
1. Dave Cushard
2. William Thomason
3. Brian Maguire
4. Will Tyrer
5. Robert Jurney
6. Kyle Pope
7. Gordon Gekko
8. James Alexander
9. Kevin LaCour
10. John Crane
11. Shawn Childs
12. Chris Schinker
13. Ronald Kraus
14. Jason Steeves
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:16 am

Dyv vs Gekko in the auction, and then they have to team up together? This could be VERY interesting!!!

I'm sure Gekko will say that Dyv has an advantage because he gets to call the first person out! :rolleyes:

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:00 am

greg - no disrespect to any of the participants, but are you sure the leagues aren't broken into a minor league and a major league level. i mean my league has ME (100K champ), dyv (league champ), CC Desp (league champ), and lumpy losers (league, auction, DM champ). i thought with 2 leagues we'd get broken up some.

i'm probably missing something from the league #1 credentials, but how many league champs from last year in league #1?

[ August 19, 2005, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:07 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Dyv vs Gekko in the auction, and then they have to team up together? This could be VERY interesting!!!

I'm sure Gekko will say that Dyv has an advantage because he gets to call the first person out! :rolleyes: listen, mr dyv is gonna get run over in the auction. just like all the other folks in my league.

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:39 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
[QUOTE]listen, mr dyv is gonna get run over in the auction. just like all the other folks in my league. The good thing is that none of the conclusion of the league will be known by the time we draft together. We'll BOTH feel like we owned the draft going into the Ultimate we do together ;)

Keep on truckin', GG

Dave
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:53 pm

Originally posted by Dyv:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
[QUOTE]listen, mr dyv is gonna get run over in the auction. just like all the other folks in my league. The good thing is that none of the conclusion of the league will be known by the time we draft together. We'll BOTH feel like we owned the draft going into the Ultimate we do together ;)

Keep on truckin', GG

Dave
[/QUOTE]I wouldn't peg you Dyv as someone who would allow someone to "talk trash" about you like that and take it.

Oh well, every partnership needs it's domineering (sp?) member!

P.S. Although I was off at what it was about, I told you Gekko would find SOMETHING to complain about! :rolleyes: ;)

[ August 19, 2005, 10:55 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:17 pm

I'm just as likely to have a working arrangement with Gekko that I am very comfortable with as I am likely to let you spur me into swiping at him.

Fact is, I want Gekko to talk the talk so he's ready on draft day.

Of course one of the best things about Gekko is that he has been confident for 12 months now... and talked about what he was going to do. Then he did it.

Come take our money if you feel you can ;)

Dave

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:31 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
greg - no disrespect to any of the participants, but are you sure the leagues aren't broken into a minor league and a major league level. i mean my league has ME (100K champ), dyv (league champ), CC Desp (league champ), and lumpy losers (league, auction, DM champ). i thought with 2 leagues we'd get broken up some.

i'm probably missing something from the league #1 credentials, but how many league champs from last year in league #1? I'm just happy to be sharing an Auction League with Schinker again - Beer man!!!

Dave

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:33 pm

Be ready at the start of the auctions, fellas - we'll take up a collection pre-draft and get some pizza and stuff ordered for delivery after a couple hours. Gotta feed our auctioneers ;)

I can't think of two better auctioneers than Matthew and Bruce.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:53 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
I wouldn't peg you Dyv as someone who would allow someone to "talk trash" about you like that and take it.

Oh well, every partnership needs it's domineering (sp?) member!
i would only enter the auction if i felt like i stood a good chance at winning it or at the very least making money. obviously to win it, i will have to defeat mr dyv. mr dyv is trying to do the same thing to me. wake up bill