Shipp and Buckhalter: A quick fix for next year

gomizzouman

Post by gomizzouman » Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:05 pm

maybe it was rounds 4 and 5, rb,rb,rb,qb,qb?
It takes a great person to be truly humble, and a humble person to be truly great.

DIESEL02

Post by DIESEL02 » Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:21 pm

Hey I think grabbing Favre was a great idea..i guess that owner saw Vick horizontal and then buried 3 feet deep in the groung by Arrington the night before....I hope he grabbed Schaubby too
"Fortis fortuna adiuvat"-"Fortune favors the brave"

nnoy

Post by nnoy » Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:29 am

My point is that if a player is ineligible to play in the NFL in 2004 they should also be ineligible to be drafted in the NFFC pure and simple. I have no problem with Boldin going in round 3 etc, he’ll be back, but a team taking a guaranteed zero-value player in the 6th round (let alone two teams in the same league doing it) has a far reaching impact on everyone.

I’ll address my Favre/Vick logic in a new thread.

[ September 06, 2004, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: nnoy ]

nnoy

Post by nnoy » Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:21 am

Originally posted by gomizzouman:

It sure will be fun watching one of those guys on your bench when I play you in week one and you are trotting out Ike and Keyshawn.

BigMO The line on our week one match-up is me -12.5, I'll be sure to let the entire board know after your week one flogging is complete.

brad_brown

Post by brad_brown » Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:23 am

Haha...

I am with BigMO... I was a little perplexed with Vick followed swiftly by Favre. Especially so after having fresh news of Vick's horrible pre-season performance that week.

With your best WR being Keyshawn nnoy I can only guess that you have taken a stance of going for broke trying to get some bust-out performances from guys that might not do it.

Only time will tell I guess.

Good luck to you all though!! (I was at #8 next to Indy Rules during the draft).
Uber Wizdom / Chicago League #3 / Pick #8
Chicago MickeyWhippers / NFFC Mid-Season A / Pick #6

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:08 am

Brad
You seem like a real stand up guy. My brother (who sat next to you) and I enjoyed talking with you. I still don't see how you manage so many teams at one time.
Since we play in week 1, I'm still wondering who will have the advantage if the remains of that blasted hurricane dump alot of water in N.E.

You've got Edge and we've got Manning.

Best case scenario: Colts win,Manning and Edge offset and we beat you with the other 9. LOL
Good luck - in week 2 that is.