SNAKEtakes for NFL playoffs

Old School

Post by Old School » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:22 pm

Snake,

Love the Ravens and Eagles picks. We'll be in beautiful downtown Reno for those wagers.....

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:22 am

1) Cardinals +2.5 over Falcons
2) Chargers +1 over Colts
3) Ravens -3 over Dolphins
4) Eagles -3 over Vikings

SNAKE , are these the real lines. have not looked at paper to get general idea but how can cards be underdogs at home to a rookie qb and a team feeling great just getting in post season.

my picks at these lines :

cards / colts / ravens / vikes
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:58 am

This HAS TO BE a record. EVERY home team in the opening week of the playoffs is an underdog! :eek:

Simply a suggestion to make this more fun here, Glenn, how about ranking the games in order you feel confident (4 being most confident, 1 being the least confident?- could make it 8-1 if over-unders were added) After all, I am sure almost everyone wouldn't bet the same amount on every game.

I'll take....

4- Indianapolis -1
3- Baltimore -3
2- Atlanta -2.5
1- Philadelphia -3

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:59 am

Colts romp the Bolts in a revenge game. I'll take the over.

Iggles blow past the Vikes. I'll take the over.

Ravens win a close one. I'll take the under.

Cards squeak by the Falcons in a shootout. Over 60 here.

The sets up some dream NFL matchups for the next weekend!

Colts @ Titans
Ravens @ Steelers

Iggles @ Giants
Cards @ Panthers

Good luck!
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:31 am

Originally posted by GK:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
This HAS TO BE a record. EVERY home team in the opening week of the playoffs is an underdog! :eek:

Simply a suggestion to make this more fun here, Glenn, how about ranking the games in order you feel confident (4 being most confident, 1 being the least confident?- could make it 8-1 if over-unders were added) After all, I am sure almost everyone wouldn't bet the same amount on every game.

I'll take....

4- Indianapolis -1
3- Baltimore -3
2- Atlanta -2.5
1- Philadelphia -3 1) the ranking part sounds like fun and SNAKE will play indeed...

2) SNAKE can not play the O/U as that would be breaking away fom tradition and perhaps more importantly is not one of The Serpent's strengths...at the end of the playoffs and before the Super Bowl if a tiebreaker is needed (doubt it will be as in the past SNAKE has run away from the comp here - hehehe) total points would be the nutcracker...

3) all picks posted here will be duly noted by SNAKE, etched in stone and recorded for prosperity...

4) yes Frankie - those are indeed the lines...

5) here are once again the SNAKEtakes with The Confidence Scale right next to them in paranthesis;

Cardinals +2.5 over Falcons (1)
Chargers +1 over Colts (2)
Ravens -3 over Dolphins (3)
Eagles -3 over Vikings (4)

...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]Glenn,

I thought I recalled the over/unders being a part of this before :confused:

No worries, and I am glad you are receptive to the "ranking system" for the sides only.

Just to clarify, are you most confident in the Eagles this weekend? Your top game should be a 4, as you would get 4 "points" for winning that one (i.e the one you are wagering the most).

Since I am most likely not getting in a fantasy playoff contest, this should be fun and enough to have SOMETHING to root for! :D

Not counting pulling for my Steelers of course! ;)

richieprimo

Post by richieprimo » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:43 am

Take a look at these games. Gives you a good idea just how bad the NFL really is. :confused:

BTW...how's y'all Cowboy fans feeling today? :D
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.