Tom & Greg Live Chat: 3 pm ET Today

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:45 am

Okay, we held two more NFFC Online Championship drafts last night on the new NFFC draft software, giving us four OC leagues already in the books. Tom and Geoff have monitored all of the online drafts and can be here to discuss what they've seen there. While we can't reveal individual league picks, maybe Tom can talk about some players he sees either moving up or down.

Anyway, we'll leave this thread open all day if you have any football-related questions or NFFC-related questions and we'll answer them as we go. Then we'll both jump on here at 3 pm ET for an hour live chat about anything you want.

And if you are interested in doing any of the online drafts with us, go to www.draftpractice.com to test out the software. The software is running well and you can easily mock against the auto-picks in 30 minutes to test everything out. Make sure you click the Draft Board link below Live Chat and size that the way you want it. Then you'll see every pick flow into your draft board with color-coded positions right there for you. The Draft Summary is also a nice tool to use if you don't mind toggling between that and the Player List.

Anyway, test it out. And if anyone wants to do a quick mock with me let me know and I'll jump in this morning with you. Sound good?

Okay, what do you have for us today?
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

nolencole

Post by nolencole » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:50 am

Im game...Just tell me when you are there.

mc
a.k.a. ALABAMA ABANDONED

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:55 am

Originally posted by nolencole:
Im game...Just tell me when you are there.

mc Let's do a real quick one at 9:30 ET. NFFC tab, 14 teams, 19 rounds. I'll be there for the early rounds. Join me.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

philpo

Post by philpo » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:56 am

Greg will their be anymore changes to the drafting software I would like to see the players drafted in the top boxes that are now empty would make it a lot easier. I like the draft board only problem is in IE 8 you cant resize, and when you click on anywhere on the draft say as an example player rankings the draft board mininmizes.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:02 am

Originally posted by philpo:
Greg will their be anymore changes to the drafting software I would like to see the players drafted in the top boxes that are now empty would make it a lot easier. I like the draft board only problem is in IE 8 you cant resize, and when you click on anywhere on the draft say as an example player rankings the draft board mininmizes. Phil, I think that top bar is going to remain the same. It's tied into the Flash design all around it. The IE 8 problem was fixed yesterday I was told and you can now resize the Draft Board. Jump in with me at 9:30 CT and let me know if that's the case with you. I minimize the Draft Board at the bottom for three rounds and pull it outside the right border so it's an easy click to always keep it visible. It shouldn't minimize then.

Jump in with us. I'm pick 14.

philpo

Post by philpo » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:05 am

Thanks Will do

philpo

Post by philpo » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:23 am

Greg one more question doing the online drafts will we be able to access the draft at the same time from 2 different computers so my co manager can follow along from his home.

Money

Post by Money » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:58 am

What is the average makeup in a (14 team league) of the 9 reserve positions?
Joe

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:58 am

Originally posted by philpo:
Greg one more question doing the online drafts will we be able to access the draft at the same time from 2 different computers so my co manager can follow along from his home. Yes, he just uses your log-in for the draft and both can access it. When the draft is over and results are loaded you can then invite a co-manager to that team and I believe he will have his own log-in for that team. That's how it works with all of the teams, I believe.

Thanks for joining me for a practice run today. Mike, too. That went smoothly and we all had the Draft Board up and running well. You guys may think that Jermichael Finley was a homer pick, but I think it was an astute one!! :D Thanks again.

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:07 am

Will there be any incentive to sign up for the online championship?

I'm holding out for a signed Jeff George bobble-head. :D
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.