I'll Be Here To Chat Today

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:25 am

We're one week away from closing off registrations for the NFFC Main Events. The Online Championship is beyond our target goal of 600 teams. We have a bunch of preseason games which have revealed at least one or two things of interest. There's a lot we can talk about so let's say we do just that. I'll be here to answer your questions today until ... well ... I can't answer any more.

So who wants to chat? NFFC. NFL. Life. Love. The pursuit of happiness (not the movie; haven't seen it). Whatever you got. I'll be here.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:54 am

Glenn, I think we can learn a lot about younger players moreso than veterans. If Peyton Manning goes 1-for-6 in a game we know it doesn't mean anything. But if C.J. Spiller fumbles three times that does tell us some things.

What I tend to do is not place too much emphasis on performance one way or the other although sometimes when you're blown away by something you see it's hard not to get excited about it. For example, I remember Chris Johnson's long TD run against the Rams in his rookie season. He blew through the line and in a blink he was gone. It was one of the most amazing runs I've ever seen. When I saw that, I began to target him aggressively in all of my drafts and it paid off.

So I guess I'm saying I don't have a set approach in place that I refuse to adjust depending on what I see. But primarily I tend to watch these games more for my analysis of young players than veterans.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:59 am

when will magazine league drafts be loaded to the site? havent heard the latest with those. Thanks Tom!

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:14 am

Originally posted by 76erfan:
when will magazine league drafts be loaded to the site? havent heard the latest with those. Thanks Tom! I don't have an ETA on those right now. We'll get them set up before the start of the season but it may be the last ones we get to since they have to be entered manually.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Money

Post by Money » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:43 am

Any word on the Ultimate KDS Draft draw?
Joe

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:46 am

Originally posted by FAST MONEY:
Any word on the Ultimate KDS Draft draw? Our video guy Matt is working on it in St. Louis. He told me he hopes to have it ready to be posted online later today, perhaps early evening.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

drago

Post by drago » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:08 am

Brett Favre came back due to the tremendous weapons and offense the Vikes have. Now I'm reading that the players have little respect for Childress and his staff. Which may prove bothersome if the season hits some rough patches. Also, the WRs (Harvin and Rice) seem to have some big question marks as to availability already. If people are gambling on Favre repeating, or even coming near last season's stats, are they going to be disappointed?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:12 am

Originally posted by The Herd:
Brett Favre came back due to the tremendous weapons and offense the Vikes have. Now I'm reading that the players have little respect for Childress and his staff. Which may prove bothersome if the season hits some rough patches. Also, the WRs (Harvin and Rice) seem to have some big question marks as to availability already. If people are gambling on Favre repeating, or even coming near last season's stats, are they going to be disappointed? I don't think people should expect him to be quite as good as he was last season but if all the pieces are in place this is a very formidable offense. He'll have two standout talents at WR, a decent No. 3 WR, a quality TE and of course All Day in the backfield. For me, the keys are making sure Rice and Harvin are both healthy. If they are, I see no reason why Favre can't be a Top 5-8 QB again. Even if one of them is ailing, I think Favre can turn Berrian into a factor. But if both Rice and Harvin are ailing, that could pose a problem. So for me, my feelings about Favre's fantasy potential are tied primarily to the health of Rice and Harvin.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

kentucky

Post by kentucky » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:31 am

Tom, if CJ, AP, MJD, RR are gone, is AJ your obvious pick At 5 in a 14 team format?
bill cleavenger
"BIG BLUE NATION" ... We don't rebuild, we reload!!!