There are no bad picks, just bad owners dept.

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:13 am

I agree, Nag. Regardless of how many players are on each team or how many teams are in each league, the bottom line is we go through the same decision making processes that every coach and GM in the NFL go through on a weekly and yearly basis. Some teams are going to get hit by injuries and will recover while some won't. Some teams will get all the breaks and some won't. Regardless of which side you're on, accept the fact that FF is a mirror image of the NFL and look no farther than Atlanta and Carolina last year as proof of the above. So have fun and if you can't have fun as has been suggested in some threads I've read, learn from your mistakes so you can have fun next year.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

lichtman

Post by lichtman » Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:01 am

Like my grandpappy used to say, "You can't win a fantasy football league with your first two picks, but you sure as hell can lose one."

A ton of foresight from my grandpappy, considering he passed away in the early 70s.
Hello. My name is Lee Scoresby. I come from Texas, like flying hot-air balloons, being eaten by talking polar bears and fantasy football.

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:57 am

Wasn't it Julius Caesar who said, upon hearing that his co-manager drafted 2 WR and 2 QB in the first 5 rounds, "Et Tu Brute?"

I also remember King Richard III exclaiming, "A starting RB, a starting RB... my kingdom... for a starting RB!"

Ahhh... I so fondly remember History of Fantasy Games classes in college...

D
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:52 am

Wasn't it Brutus who said, "I have an uber stuck in my nose."
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.