Experts League Draft Results

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue May 11, 2004 4:43 am

As we prepare for our first football issue of Fantasy Sports Magazine, our company held an experts league draft on Monday that included 12 people from the industry. We didn't use the NFFC scoring system, but I thought the first two rounds would be of interest to our members nonetheless. All NFBC and NFFC members will receive a free copy of this issue in the mail by early June, so look for the complete results there. Anyway, here's the first two rounds:

1. Priest Holmes
2. LaDainian Tomlinson
3. Clinton Portis
4. Deuce McAllister
5. Ahman Green
6. Jamal Lewis
7. Shaun Alexander
8. Edgerrin James
9. Ricky Williams
10. Domanick Davis
11. Randy Moss
12. Marshall Faulk
13. Fred Taylor
14. Kevan Barlow
15. Rudi Johnson
16. Stephen Davis
17. Marvin Harrison
18. Travis Henry
19. Corey Dillon
20. Daunte Culpepper
21. Tory Holt
22. Tiki Barber
23. Peyton Manning
24. Charlie Garner

Okay, since the NFFC has 14 teams in it, here are the next four picks:
25. Chad Johnson
26. Hines Ward
27. Terrell Owens
28. Michael Bennet

Any thoughts or comments? I'll provide a list of the interesting picks soon, including the top rookies.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Tue May 11, 2004 6:56 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

Any thoughts or comments? I'll provide a list of the interesting picks soon, including the top rookies. Big shocks for me:

Domanick Davis that high
Corey Dillon that low
Rudi Johnson that high

Where's Michael Vick or are we finally being realistic with his value?

D
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue May 11, 2004 7:30 am

The same team (KFFL.com) took Domanick Davis 10th in our draft and another experts league draft the day before and Rudi Johnson 15th coming back in the second round. He did that both days, so at least he's true to his conviction. It's higher than we have those two players rated, but that's okay. I got Corey Dillon with the 19th overall pick after getting Jamal Lewis sixth in the first round. I'd take that start if I could in a real money league.

Michael Vick went 31st overall, following other QBs Daunte Culpepper (20th), Peyton Manning (23rd) and Matt Hasselbeck (my third pick at 30th). Again, we weren't using the NFFC scoring of six points per passing TD, so he might go higher in the NFFC. But you are right, his value is more realistic to his fantasy potential this year than it was last year.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

nnoy

Post by nnoy » Tue May 11, 2004 9:32 am

That Rudi Johnson pick is insane. My money is on Chris Perry having that job by the end of the year. The Bengals are committed to selling out the season i.e., going with Carson Palmer. They will have a 2nd-place schedule and an inexperienced QB. They’ll be 6-10 at best. This means fewer running opportunities and a commitment at some point to the future of the team (Perry.) If Rudi Johnson cracks 1000 yds I will be SHOCKED.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed May 12, 2004 2:49 am

I hear you Nathan on the Rudi Johnson pick, but remember that he started just five games last year and still rushed for 957 yards and nine TDs. He's also a free agent at the end of this season and waiting for his first BIG payday, so he has millions of reasons to come into camp in great shape and control this job. Just a thought for those Rudi Johnson doubters.