Free Agency 2X Per Week

King of Queens

Free Agency 2X Per Week

Post by King of Queens » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:29 am

Any chance we can roll out Wednesday night AND Friday night free agency next year to coincide with the Thursday night games?

Now for the long shot -- any chance we can do this all season long? To be perfectly honest, I'm having a great time scooping up premium talent on Wednesdays in WCOFFland. :D

Captain Hook

Free Agency 2X Per Week

Post by Captain Hook » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:34 am

I'll bet you are Glenn - half the teams don't even know they can bid on Wednesdays in addition to Fridays.

[ November 14, 2008, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: Captain Hook ]

CC's Desperados

Free Agency 2X Per Week

Post by CC's Desperados » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:34 am

I think this a must going forward. There are too many Thursday games now. I think you might have to work on the rules because I don't agree with the fact that you can pick up a player on Wednesday and then drop him on Friday. It might not matter as much here because the players aren't removed from the pool, but I think if you buy them you own them for at least one week.

da bears

Free Agency 2X Per Week

Post by da bears » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:36 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
Any chance we can roll out Wednesday night AND Friday night free agency next year to coincide with the Thursday night games?

Now for the long shot -- any chance we can do this all season long? To be perfectly honest, I'm having a great time scooping up premium talent on Wednesdays in WCOFFland. :D Yeah great idea Glenn.

I wouldn't mind seeing this change too when the the thursday night games start.
Bauler Shot Caller

Ted's Cracked Head

Free Agency 2X Per Week

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:55 am

Agreed. The landscape has changed as Thursday night games are here to stay.

The fantasy game should adjust.

This change hurts no one and improves the quality of the game by affording us the opportunity to use as much information as possible to manage our teams.

Having this ALL year long would be a good idea mainly for consistency and to keep the rules as simple as possible. Make it a habit and no one can complain later.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

King of Queens

Free Agency 2X Per Week

Post by King of Queens » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:17 am

Originally posted by Rob B:
Having this ALL year long would be a good idea mainly for consistency and to keep the rules as simple as possible. Make it a habit and no one can complain later. Hadn't considered this angle and it's an excellent point. As Perry indicated, a lot of people don't even know about the Wednesday period in another contest.

Every week the same, Wednesday and Friday at 9pm EST.

Greg Ambrosius

Free Agency 2X Per Week

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:28 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Rob B:
Having this ALL year long would be a good idea mainly for consistency and to keep the rules as simple as possible. Make it a habit and no one can complain later. Hadn't considered this angle and it's an excellent point. As Perry indicated, a lot of people don't even know about the Wednesday period in another contest.

Every week the same, Wednesday and Friday at 9pm EST.
[/QUOTE]Yes, I've asked STATS about this and they agree we can do this next year. Honestly, I should have thought ahead when I saw all of the Thursday games this year and planned for this. My bad. But we can do this next year and obviously we'll have to program it so that nobody that is cut during the first day can be picked up on the second date. Just free agents for that week on both days.

I agree that doing it all year long makes sense, but no way on a Wednesday through the first 9 weeks. Since there was concern this year about what happened in Week 2, why not do a Friday night FAAB like we always have through Week 9 along with a Sunday morning second FAAB (say 8 am ET) and then just move it to Wednesday and Friday starting in Week 10.

That way you keep some consistency like Rob said and still honor the latest possible FAAB periods all season long. Thoughts?
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

CC's Desperados

Free Agency 2X Per Week

Post by CC's Desperados » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:29 am

I don't think there is any need for Wednesday pickups if there isn't a Thursday game. Are the wise guys looking for more of an edge?

CC's Desperados

Free Agency 2X Per Week

Post by CC's Desperados » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:31 am

Greg-

I think you are earning more and more fans everyday!

Greg Ambrosius

Free Agency 2X Per Week

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:34 am

Originally posted by CC's Desperados:
Greg-

I think you are earning more and more fans everyday! Never be afraid of change, Shawn. That's my motto!! :D

Oh, and listen to your customer...some of the time. ;)
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius