R.I.P. WCOFF

Jersey Dawg

R.I.P. WCOFF

Post by Jersey Dawg » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:56 am

Now the site is down. I guess that is the final nail. Too bad for those of us owed money.

Greg Ambrosius

R.I.P. WCOFF

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:10 am

Originally posted by Jersey Dawg:
Now the site is down. I guess that is the final nail. Too bad for those of us owed money. The WCOFB game site went dead the day after the baseball season, just enough time to let people know who had won their leagues and who had won the overall prizes. For the record, Kevin Kirves won the $200,000 grand prize and Glenn Lowy won the Online Championship, I believe. Unfortunately, Dustin didn't even take the time to let those folks know that they had played the entire season for nothing and that there weren't going to be any payments. All of that is being found out from members calling other members or calling me and Tom. It's incredible how little communication has been given to those poor baseball players, who again trusted Dustin & Co with their hard-earned money.

Now it looks like the football site has been taken down as well. That would have had to have been done by those involved with Gridiron Sports. So it appears that WCOFF is going the same way as Fantasy Jungle: Just dark and into the night. I honestly thought there would be a bankruptcy filing and at the very least some type of sale of assets to return some money to creditors. What are the assets? Possibly two items that might be worth something. But by not even doing that, it almost looks like the creditors have nothing to split up and nowhere to turn. Is anyone trying to resolve this through the legal system? I haven't heard anything more, but would be interested to know.

What a shame. What a crying shame this all has been.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

KenGill

R.I.P. WCOFF

Post by KenGill » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:57 pm

Good riddance, A-Holes.
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

Diesel

R.I.P. WCOFF

Post by Diesel » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:23 am

This is just my opinion and I'm not insinuating any action be taken by any of the winners, but if I were owed an amount of money as large as I've seen here, there would be nothing stopping me from finding the address of the people that owe me that much money, and having a heart to heart with them.

I had someone give me an estimate for backyard paving stones, and the guy ran off with a $200 depost, never coming back to my house. He said he messed up on the quote and it was $1500 more than what he quoted. When I told him he breached the contract and I wanted my deposit back, he said his boss said no way and I, yes I, should have known the quote was too low. So I called the business phone and cell phone every other day for two months to remind them that they owe me $200. I called from different phones all the time so they picked up and talked to me. This was not harrassment because I was asking for my money that they owed me. They ended up changing their business phone and cell phone numbers because of the $200 they owed me. So imagine what I wouild do for $200,000.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Tom Kessenich

R.I.P. WCOFF

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:31 am

The sad thing here (well one of the many sad things) Marc is people have tried to contact Dustin and get updates about when their payments would be received. When the calls actually were picked up all people were told was an endless stream of ... well ... let's politely call it misinformation that strung people along thinking the situation was better than it really was. That process was tried and over the course of nearly eight months it became obvious that what people were being told wasn't close to the truth. Promises were constantly made and not delivered. Deadlines were set and consistently ignored. So unfortunately, I don't think contacting anyone involved with that event will produce the desired results.

It's really unfortunate but I think the last people anyone should believe are those in charge who have spent nearly the past year providing misinformation about both the football and baseball events.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Diesel

R.I.P. WCOFF

Post by Diesel » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:56 am

Jet Blue $44 each way right now...Flights between 10/15-december...OCCUPY WCOFF. United we stand. Does anyone have addresses of these people?

BillyWaz

R.I.P. WCOFF

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:14 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Jersey Dawg:
Now the site is down. I guess that is the final nail. Too bad for those of us owed money. The WCOFB game site went dead the day after the baseball season, just enough time to let people know who had won their leagues and who had won the overall prizes. For the record, Kevin Kirves won the $200,000 grand prize and Glenn Lowy won the Online Championship, I believe. Unfortunately, Dustin didn't even take the time to let those folks know that they had played the entire season for nothing and that there weren't going to be any payments. All of that is being found out from members calling other members or calling me and Tom. It's incredible how little communication has been given to those poor baseball players, who again trusted Dustin & Co with their hard-earned money.

Now it looks like the football site has been taken down as well. That would have had to have been done by those involved with Gridiron Sports. So it appears that WCOFF is going the same way as Fantasy Jungle: Just dark and into the night. I honestly thought there would be a bankruptcy filing and at the very least some type of sale of assets to return some money to creditors. What are the assets? Possibly two items that might be worth something. But by not even doing that, it almost looks like the creditors have nothing to split up and nowhere to turn. Is anyone trying to resolve this through the legal system? I haven't heard anything more, but would be interested to know.

What a shame. What a crying shame this all has been.
[/QUOTE]And then there were TWO for football, and the NFBC stands tall and proud as the only high stakes fantasy baseball league (that incorporates live drafts).

Well done Greg, Tom, and STATS!!! :D

ZERO thanks to Fanball for doing their best to run it in to the ground! :(

What a difference a year makes. :D

[ October 18, 2011, 01:17 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

BillyWaz

R.I.P. WCOFF

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:16 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
This is just my opinion and I'm not insinuating any action be taken by any of the winners, but if I were owed an amount of money as large as I've seen here, there would be nothing stopping me from finding the address of the people that owe me that much money, and having a heart to heart with them.

I had someone give me an estimate for backyard paving stones, and the guy ran off with a $200 depost, never coming back to my house. He said he messed up on the quote and it was $1500 more than what he quoted. When I told him he breached the contract and I wanted my deposit back, he said his boss said no way and I, yes I, should have known the quote was too low. So I called the business phone and cell phone every other day for two months to remind them that they owe me $200. I called from different phones all the time so they picked up and talked to me. This was not harrassment because I was asking for my money that they owed me. They ended up changing their business phone and cell phone numbers because of the $200 they owed me. So imagine what I wouild do for $200,000. If I owe you ANY money (even if it is a buck or two), I PROMISE to give it to you this weekend.....I PROMISE!!

[ October 18, 2011, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Diesel

R.I.P. WCOFF

Post by Diesel » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:26 am

Billy, LOL, we are always cool. The MoJo T shirt you got me a few years ago has me owing you. Hey, one $50 hotdog on me at the Jets game this weekend. Woohoo!

Tom Kessenich

R.I.P. WCOFF

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:28 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
one $50 hotdog on me at the Jets game this weekend. I sure hope that's with the works.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich