Vincent Jackson Has Not Been Traded

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:43 am

This could stick a fork in the Vikings. They are in a heap of trouble. No Rice. No Harvin. No passing game. It could get real ugly in Minnesota.

Meanwhile in San Diego, A.J. Smith turned down a second-round pick in 2011 for a possible third-round compensatory pick in 2012. I'm sure that makes sense to A.J. Those of us who live on this planet, however, are struggling to understand what possible reason he would have for taking less value to keep a player he clearly doesn't want.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:18 am

I thought the deal was a good one for both Jackson and the Vikings.

Interesting how Jackson fell from 5 year 50 mil with 30 mil guaranteed, to 6 mil one year.

I think other players will understand that SD is not a team to play hardball with during negotiations. That alone is worth the change in draft pick IMO. Smith is also human and it appears he took this personal as well. Again ... this will pay off for him in future negotiations.

That reputation is how you get Chris Johnson to sign for 3.2 million instead of a hold out.

It's really to bad ... the Vikings could have really used VJ. VJ should fire his agent. His agent over played his hand from the get go and then obviously pissed off the one man who could veto any deal he made.

[ September 22, 2010, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: Unintelligent Ugly Yellow Tomatoes ]
Hakuna Matata!

da bears

Post by da bears » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:21 am

I still can't believe the Vikings couldn't find a way to get him. I'm guessing Vincent will probably sit out the whole season now.

Good news for Bears fans like myself as the NFC North is now a two team race between the Bears and Packers.

It should be a heck of a game on Monday night!!
Bauler Shot Caller

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:22 am

Originally posted by Unintelligent Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:

Interesting how Jackson fell from 5 year 50 mil with 30 mil guaranteed, to 6 mil one year.

That was his compromise in order to facilitate a trade. He wants a long-term deal but was willing to take a one-year contract so a trade could get finalized. I think everyone involved with this did everything they could to get a deal done - with the exception of A.J. Smith. He seems to be guided more by spite than football acumen. This was a truly awful football decision that in no way improved his team.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

SS

Post by SS » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:25 am

That's right da Bears!

V Jax is a bum, I have him on 2 of my teams, what a waste of space! The Vikings should've done the deal, they are just at fault as SD!

SS
2010 NFFC Classic Consolation Bracket 2nd Place

Old School

Post by Old School » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:26 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by Unintelligent Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:

That was his compromise in order to facilitate a trade. He wants a long-term deal but was willing to take a one-year contract so a trade could get finalized. I think everyone involved with this did everything they could to get a deal done - with the exception of A.J. Smith. He seems to be guided more by spite than football acumen. This was a truly awful football decision that in no way improved his team.
[/QUOTE]From the start I felt he'd never play a down this season after what I heard from a person close to the organization. It's beginning to look that way.
AJ Smith wants to punish him.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:26 am

The Vikings tried to get the deal done. They made in my opinion a very good offer. Smith decided to take less value than make the deal to trade a player he does not want and does not want to play for his team. I don't blame the Vikings here.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

da bears

Post by da bears » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:29 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
The Vikings tried to get the deal done. They made in my opinion a very good offer. Smith decided to take less value than make the deal to trade a player he does not want and does not want to play for his team. I don't blame the Vikings here. Yeah I don't blame the Vikings at all. You have to figure that Favre may just call it quits and retire again during their bye week. They have no shot with that wr group to go anywhere.

[ September 22, 2010, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: da bears ]
Bauler Shot Caller

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:30 am

I don't think Favre quits but I agree that they may be done. I can't see how they get to the playoffs, much less the Super Bowl with their No. 1 WR out until midseason at least and their No. 2 out for who knows how long with a myriad of physical issues.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

da bears

Post by da bears » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:33 am

Originally posted by SS:
That's right da Bears!

V Jax is a bum, I have him on 2 of my teams, what a waste of space! The Vikings should've done the deal, they are just at fault as SD!

SS Yeah I have him on a few teams also. I sure don't feel like wasting a roster space on him anymore with this news. Tough decison to make....
Bauler Shot Caller