Rob Benetti Is The 2006 NFFC Champion

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:03 am

Congratulations to Rob Benetti from Chicago League 1 who will take home the $100,000 grand prize for finishing first in the NFFC in 2006.

Rob finished with 646.3 points during the playoffs. The Rams were good to him as Marc Bulger (46.1 points), Steven Jackson (39.2) and Isaac Bruce (29.8) all delivered big production in Week 16. Rob finished with 210.6 points in the last week which also was the best scoring total in the event. So in addition to his $100,000, Rob also wins a Philip Rivers autographed photo courtesy of Upper Deck Authenticated.

We'll have more on Rob's championship season in the days and weeks to come but we want to congratulate him on a standout season and on being our third different NFFC champion in as many years. Congratulations Rob.

[ December 26, 2006, 07:20 AM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:09 am

go Rob!!! you are in an elite group now.

any immediate plans for the money?
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

edelman24

Post by edelman24 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:21 am

Congrats Rob!! Just sorry that our sorry players couldn't put up a better fight last night

BONGIZMO

Post by BONGIZMO » Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:38 am

Fantastic job Rob and it's nice to see a great person and competitor year in and year out come out on top. Top 10 last year and the Champion this year validates your being a top gamer year in and year out across both events!

Out of curiosity, was the Trivial Pursuit with your wife and lil one the sports version? ;)

Scott
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:56 am

Awesome job Rob!

It was great sitting next to and talking to you at the Chicago DC. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy!

Congratulations! :D

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:06 am

What a great Christmas present! That Week 16 efffort was on par with Gekko's in 2004.

Congrats to TCH!

mkrucek

Post by mkrucek » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:09 am

Rob, great job. Glad to see a truly nice guy win this thing.
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

renman

Post by renman » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:42 am

Rob,

Congratulations! Though I must admit you were my second favorate Steven Jackson owning team that I was rooting for. As far as I can tell and from all I have seen you are a very deserving NFFC champion. A total class act who is a big time fantasy football player and adds a ton to this league and even board.

You rolled the dice starting Bruce over Branch and having the WR, QB, and RB from the Rams all produce in the same game! Against the same Redskin defense that dashed my NFFC hopes by shutting down Brees the week before. I cannot image what your holiday weekend must have been like. I look forward to hearing about it.

A well earned championship, congratulations.

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:52 am

Thanks to all for the very kind words. I am truly humbled by the outpouring of support.

Greg and Tom, words are tough right now but I am grateful for your support over the last two years. I am honored to represent this Challenge for the next year.

This weekend was truly the "Dream Weekend" for me.

The money is the icing on the cake (much needed icing but not the reason I play). I stated yesterday before the games that win lose or draw the "RIDE" on Sunday was what I paid the 1250 for and worth $100,000 to me. Going in knowing that I had drafted a team that I thought had the possibility to put up "Monster" numbers on any given week and then seeing it happen when it counted was amazing and I am still numb.

any immediate plans for the money?
I do have a plan or two and I guarantee that as much of it as I can afford will go to my 3 charities.

Bottom Line: My team stayed healthy almost all year and I got lucky at the right time. With the exception of my Kicker and Defense, the starting lineup I drafted took the field in week 16. That takes a ton of luck.

It could happen to any of us next year and that is why we will all keep coming back. If I can win this thing, anyone can because I am not even close in talent to many of you that were watching in horror as MY RAMS went crazy on Sunday.

Thanks again to ALL.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:53 am

Congratulations Rob! Yes, you are a worthy NFFC champion indeed and we are proud to call you are own. Having finished in the Top 10 in two seasons of competing in the NFFC is quite an accomplishment indeed. Congrats and good luck topping this season! :D

Now for the big question: Since I've never met you in person, are you any better looking than our two past champions and their co-managers? Remember, your mug goes on our first football issue of Fantasy Sports Magazine holding up the $100,000 check and obviously a pretty picture helps to sell more magazines! :D Do what you can to pretty that mug of yours to help push newsstand sales next summer! :D

Seriously, congrats on a great, great season and a great, great finish. It's wild where the Top 8 finishers all drafted from and how the Championship Round played out. It reinforces my belief that we have a pretty good system in place. Congrats again and your place in NFFC history is now secured for life. Not a bad accomplishment at all!
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius