Three Spots Left In The NFFC Event

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:50 am

Okay, no sense mincing words as we head to the finish line. Midnight on Sunday is the registration deadline and on Monday morning Tom and I will look over the final headcount and decide how many leagues we'll have. Right now we have 207 paid NFFC signups, meaning we are three short of that full 15th league. I have four commitments from people I've talked to on the phone this week, but all four have yet to officially register or give me a credit card, so they're not assured of anything. First come, first serve and if you snooze you lose.

Of that 207, we have one team that has said it wants a refund if we don't offer a $200,000 grand prize. One other owner just got back from Hawaii and needs another day to decipher things and get the jet-lag out of his brain. I feel good that he will stick with us. Nobody else is on the fence that I know of. That being said, I must tip my hat to everyone who stuck with us as it's almost mathematically impossible for 207 people to have agreed to the new prize structure with just one person saying "I must have $200,000 or nothing." Some people said we'd lose 25 percent or 10 person with the change in the prize structure, but it didn't happen.

Why? Because I think we all feel we're building something special here and we'll walk together this first year before running to the big time. Thanks for sticking with us everyone.

Okay, that being said, let's fill up these last three or four spots and begin working on a 16th league. I have a lot of people on a list of "potential" signups that may come through this weekend and push us to 224. So don't be discouraged if three guys jump in ahead of you. There's a good chance we'll hit 224.

I'm going to be in and out of the office all day today and then working all day tomorrow. Call me at 715-445-4612, ext. 284 if you need more info and leave a phone number. I'll get back to you and do my best to get you in the NFFC. Anyone want to win $100,000? This is your last chance to get in the contest as we're picking leagues and draft spots on Monday afternoon, guaranteed.

With that in mind, Tom and I will have the final registrants in each city finalized on Monday morning and then our scientific slips-of-paper-in-a-hat process will begin. We will pick each city separately, so if we start with Chicago look for individual league postings online as we make them and type them in. Then we'll probably go with New York and then Las Vegas, just to make all those gamblers going West wait it out a little!!! Again, we'll post league-by-league as it happens, so it could be an idle afternoon and evening of work for all of you guys waiting to see your draft positions.

Monday will be fun and then you'll have 4+ days to prepare for your draft positions. Have fun and get mocking next week on Mock Draft Central.com as it's free for all NFFC managers and co-managers. Thanks again for sticking with us everyone and may the best team win. Now let's fill up the field and start the competition. I know I'm ready and I'm not even playing!!!
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:36 am

Two spots left.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:59 am

Okay, we now have 213 paid signups and I still have a list of fence-sitters. There is no doubt in my mind that we will fill this 16th league by Sunday at midnight, so don't be afraid to sign up online or call me at 715-445-4612, ext. 284 to secure a spot. I'll keep announcing the signups on the "Who's Coming To The NFFC?" thread and keep track of the total signups for everyone. We've got a good thing going, so contact me if you need any more information.

Now if you don't mind, I need to contact Eric, Larry, Peter, John and Joey. If you guys are reading this, save me the dime and call me back! I promise to be sitting at my desk next time!!!