NFFC Poker Tournament

JB

NFFC Poker Tournament

Post by JB » Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:44 pm

I didn't think you were but I had to check since someone in my league has the team name "Geckos".

BONGIZMO

NFFC Poker Tournament

Post by BONGIZMO » Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:26 am

LORD Gord, you sure are full of yourself :rolleyes: ...knew there's a reason I stay away from these boards...lol. But anyhow, a 'highly successful' guy with a 'team of colleagues' should have no problem entering multiple tournaments... What would pot odds matter to someone who should be able to lay waste to the pions like us roaming about...

Did ya miss me? LOLOL
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

Gordon Gekko

NFFC Poker Tournament

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:36 am

Originally posted by BONGIZMO:
What would pot odds matter to someone who should be able to lay waste to the pions like us roaming about... "Pot odds" factor in every business decision I make.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

BONGIZMO

NFFC Poker Tournament

Post by BONGIZMO » Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:43 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by BONGIZMO:
What would pot odds matter to someone who should be able to lay waste to the pions like us roaming about... "Pot odds" factor in every business decision I make. [/QUOTE]However there can also be the added elements of enjoyment, entertainment and the like. Money doesn't buy happiness, it simply provides options... ;)
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

JB

NFFC Poker Tournament

Post by JB » Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:38 pm

It doesn't look like we'll have enough people in vegas for a poker tournament. I would think we would need atleast 30 or 40 people and so far only about 10 have expressed interest :( Maybe Greg can send out an email to all vegas people and get a head count of who would play. Capt Hook still sounds like he could set this up but only if there is enough interest.

JB

NFFC Poker Tournament

Post by JB » Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:44 pm

The other option seems to be to play in Kahunas tournament at Binion's on Saturday and beat up on "The Fridge".

That is...if they have enough room for us...

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC Poker Tournament

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:37 am

JB, I have a list of poker players here and it numbers around a dozen. I haven't hooked up with Perry's contact, Tom, because I didn't think we'd get the 50 he needed. Plus, I saw all the confusion about what happened on the other boards. Kahuna has plenty of availability in their poker tournament and they again offered this week to open it up to NFFC players. I will be talking with James Mesick later today and will get back to you on the exact costs there. The other option would be one thrown together by guys like Dyv or Gordon or yourself on Saturday.

I'll know more today and at least have two options for you.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

ultimatefs

NFFC Poker Tournament

Post by ultimatefs » Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:00 am

I'm interested in Poker tourney as long as Ambrosious watches me play.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Dyv

NFFC Poker Tournament

Post by Dyv » Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:56 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
JB, I have a list of poker players here and it numbers around a dozen. I haven't hooked up with Perry's contact, Tom, because I didn't think we'd get the 50 he needed. Plus, I saw all the confusion about what happened on the other boards. Kahuna has plenty of availability in their poker tournament and they again offered this week to open it up to NFFC players. I will be talking with James Mesick later today and will get back to you on the exact costs there. The other option would be one thrown together by guys like Dyv or Gordon or yourself on Saturday.

I'll know more today and at least have two options for you. I can likely organize one. Let's get a solid head count and I'll do the phonework for setup.

Dyv
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

ultimatefs

NFFC Poker Tournament

Post by ultimatefs » Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:06 pm

If we only have 12, just have it in someones room and bring in a few cases

[ August 21, 2004, 03:07 AM: Message edited by: John Zaleski ]
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.