Conference Title Games - Who Ya Got?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:34 am

Even though this will be one of the least interesting conference title weekends in NFL history after the events last Sunday in Green Bay the league must find a way to push on. That means there will be two games played this weekend. Here are my thoughts on each of them:

AFC
Patriots over Ravens - the Patriots are determined to prove you can suck on defense and still win it all with an elite passing game. One thing New England has done well the second half of the season defensively is apply pressure on the quarterback. If Joe Flacco is pressured he will make mistakes. The Patriots' D has some potential because of that. Baltimore's D has sprung holes at times in the passing game (remember what Andy Dalton did to them) and I think Tom Brady will make plenty of plays per usual. At the end of the day, I trust Brady and I don't trust Flacco. That's enough for me.

NFC
49ers over Giants - In the span of a week I've gone from not believing in Alex Smith to picking him to go to the Super Bowl. Go figure. Well after besting Drew Brees in a shootout Smith has earned the praise. The Giants are playing great and their defense can be formidable but San Francisco's D is better and the 49ers are at home. I think that combination will be enough to get them back to the Super Bowl.

Who are you picking?
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

alanr824

Post by alanr824 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:51 am

Baltimore Vs SF 49ers in the Superbowl. New England has played a weak schedule all year and the 49ers defense will stop the Giants in a bad weather game.

Batlimore - 21 New England - 17
SF 49ers - 16 NY Giants - 14

[ January 18, 2012, 02:50 PM: Message edited by: Al R G ]

thegambler

Post by thegambler » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:57 am

i like the patriots and the giants this weekend.

ne- 34
balt- 20

nyg- 27
sf- 20

bobsgym

Post by bobsgym » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:28 am

I know TR and Sandman and CoMo are going to call me crazy. I don't care!!!

I think that Tebow and the Broncos pull off the biggest upset in NFL history and beat the Ravens in Foxboro 42-17.
Wayne Ellis's Waterboy

alanr824

Post by alanr824 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:52 am

Originally posted by BobSquad:

I think that Tebow and the Broncos pull off the biggest upset in NFL history and beat the Ravens in Foxboro 42-17. What the heck are you talkin' about? They are playing at Lambeau!

TR

Post by TR » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:14 am

Originally posted by BobSquad:

I think that Tebow and the Broncos pull off the biggest upset in NFL history and beat the Ravens in Foxboro 42-17. Funny Bob....speaking of Tebow, I do give him props for declining CBS offer to do their pregame this week

HIROLLERJR

Post by HIROLLERJR » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:52 am

I know the TV network wants a NE-GTS match up. I don't trust the NE defense nor Joe Flacco as a QB leading a team to the Superbowl. Its so hard to not believe that Tom Brady wont lead NE back to SB, but their def is terrible. Its just seems like it's meant 2 be that SF continues winning! I'll go defensive & take SF & Balt to win this coming weekend.

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:59 am

Baltimore manhandles Brady this weekend and shows New England what they've been missing since they let go of Corey Dillon. Without a running game, the Pats lose to the Ravens, 24-17...

"Trent Dilfer won a Superbowl with the Ravens"...This is what I keep hearing, regarding Alex Smith and the 49ers this year. I say the Giants expose Alex Smith for all that he is (or I should say isn't) this weekend. NY beats SanFran 21-13.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:04 am

What do you mean without a running game??? What do you think Hernandez is? 12 yards per carry!!!

Wayne

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:10 am

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
What do you mean without a running game??? What do you think Hernandez is? 12 yards per carry!!!

Wayne If he runs 12 times for 144 yards, I will get a Patriots tattoo.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."