Post-Season Contest Rules

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:09 am

I created an NFFC Post-Season contest seven years to give our players something to do during the NFL playoffs and to keep everyone around the message boards during the early part of the off-season. We then unveiled our next year's events after the post-season contest and had a nice fluid lead into the next season. That has worked for six straight years, so let's extend it one more year.

Fantasy911.com has run our contest since 2005 and last year when we left Fanball they stepped up and ran everything, guaranteed the prizes and even paid everyone very quickly. The guys at Fantasy911.com are great to work with and I have a great, great relationship with Sam, Bruce, Tom and all the guys there. They are all set and ready to go for this year and in fact they want to get a head start on the post-season by opening signups right now. Everything is on their site at Fantasy911.com. Just scroll down a bit on the home page and you'll see everything there.

Once again they'll offer affordable price points: $120, $60 and $30. The $120 contest has a $10,000 grand prize and the others have $5,000 and $2,500, respectively. This is a progressive scoring contest that is very unique, very fun and full of a lot of strategies. There are no other fees outside of the entry fee as transactions are free. Take as many teams as you want in any of the price levels and we'll open this up for the first 170 teams at each level. We'll probably close out signups at that point, but let's deal with that once we get there. First come, first served.

You can reserve your teams and once playoff rosters are finalized you'll be able to fill out your Week 1 starting lineup then. You can switch your roster right up until the first game of the first playoff game. You get one player from each of the 12 playoff teams, so choose wisely. This should be fun once again.

Chris Schinker is our only two-time $10,000 champion, having won in 2005 and 2007. KJ Duke won the $10,000 grand prize last year. Here are the rules, so plan accordingly and have fun:

Section I: Official Rules and Regulations of the
National Fantasy Football Championship
Hold ’Em Post-Season Tournament

1. Overview: The National Fantasy Football Championship (NFFC) Hold ’Em Post-Season Tournament in conjunction with Fantasy911.com will consist of 150 teams per league, with league prizes paid to the top five finishers. The NFFC Hold ’Em Post-Season Tournament will begin with the first wild card games on Saturday, Jan. 3, 2010 and continue through the Super Bowl on Sunday, Feb. 1, 2010. Points will be accumulated throughout the playoffs and the team with the most total points wins the grand prize. Second through fifth place prizes will also be paid per league based on total points. Each week the number of points an NFL player earns for you will be multiplied by the number of weeks he has been on your roster, rewarding fantasy players who correctly can predict top players on this year’s Super Bowl teams. Players who have first-round byes automatically earn two times their total points during Week 2 of the playoffs.

2. Draft: Owners must manage a team of 12 players throughout the playoffs to accumulate the most league points. Owners will initially complete their roster by selecting one player from each team that qualified for the playoffs. In the second round as teams are eliminated from the playoffs, owners can have as many as two players from the same team on their Hold ’Em roster. After the second round of playoffs, there is no limit to the number of players from the same team you can have on your playoff roster.

3. Roster Requirements: Maximum of 12 players at all times. No more than one player per NFL team in the first round and no more than two players per NFL team in the second round. After the second round, there is no limit to the number of players per NFL team you can have on your playoff roster.

4. Starting Lineup Requirements: Starting lineups will consist of:
• 2 Quarterbacks
• 4 Running Backs
• 4 Receivers (includes Tight Ends)
• 1 Kicker
• 1 Team Defense/Specials Team

5. Scoring: Players can accumulate points in a number of ways:

PASSING:
• .05 points for every yard passing (works out to 1 point every 20 yards).
• 6 points for every passing touchdown
• 2 points for every 2-Point conversion
• minus 1 point for every interception and lost fumble
RUSHING:
• .10 points for every yard rushing (works out to 1 point every 10 yards).
• 6 points for every rushing TD
• minus 1 point for every lost fumble
• 6 points for a recovered offensive fumble for a touchdown (RB, QB, WR, TE)
RECEIVING:
• .10 points for every yard receiving (works out to 1 point every 10 yards).
• 6 points for every receiving TD
• 1 point for every reception for WRs, Tight Ends and QBs
• 0.5 points for every reception for RBs
• minus 1 point for every lost fumble
KICKING:
• 1 point for every extra point
• 3 points for every field goal from 1-30 yards
• 3 points for every field goal plus .10 points for every yard after 30 yards (i.e. a 47-yard field goal would be worth 4.7 points)
DEFENSE/SPECIAL TEAMS:
• 1 point for every sack
• 2 points for every interception or opponents' fumble recovery
• 6 points for every touchdown (interception return, defensive fumble return, punt or kickoff return, blocked field goal return, blocked punt return). All special teams and defensive points are awarded to the team responsible, not the individual player. Should a kicker, punter or field goal holder throw a pass off a fake attempt, however, the offensive output for that offensive play would go towards the individual player, not the specials team. Also, any lost fumble or “muff” on a specials team play does not result in negative points for that individual player.
• 2 points for every safety
• 6 points for a shutout by the entire team
• 3 points for allowing 2-7 points by the entire team

6. Free Agent Acquisitions: The entry fee will be $120 and include unlimited transactions. Our other contests at $60 and $30 also will include unlimited transactions.

7. Hold ’Em Multipliers: Each week during the contest, fantasy points are multiplied by the number of weeks each player has been on your roster. Eli Manning is a perfect example from the 2008 contest. If you picked Eli Manning last year to be one of your starting QBs in the first week of the playoffs, you would earn his points from week one. Then after the Giants won that wild card game, his points in the second round of playoffs were multiplied by two. Then when the Giants advanced to the NFC Championship Game, his points were multiplied by three and then by four when the Giants reached the Super Bowl. Any team that receives a first-round bye, automatically has their points multiplied by two during their first game. Once one of your players are eliminated from the playoffs, you can pick up a new player for that upcoming round, but the multiplier would begin at one because you just added him to your roster.

8. Roster Time Frame: All starting rosters must be finalized five minutes before that weekend’s first playoff game. No lineup changes will be allowed after that first kickoff.

9. Number of Bid Limits: There is no limit to the number of new free agents you can add each week.

10. Tied Bids: In the event that there is a tie for the grand prize, the following tie-breakers will be used:
1. Predicted score of the Super Bowl game.
2. Highest weekly score of the teams during the playoffs (i.e. one team had a high of 220 points and the other team’s high score was 215, the 220 would win).
3. Highest score of the teams involved from the Super Bowl.
4. Highest score of the teams involved from the third round games.
5. Highest score of the teams involved from the second round games.
6. Highest score of the teams involved from the first round games.
7. Split the prize money in question.

11. League Structure: The contest will consist of the first 150 owners to sign up in each contest and prizes will be awarded according to the breakdown set forth in Paragraph 12. Any additional teams entered in the contest above 150.

12. Prize Breakdown:
$120 entry fee:
National Fantasy Football Championship = $10,000
Second Place = $2,000
Third Place = $1,000
Fourth Place = $250
Fifth Place = $150
Sixth Place = $100

$60 entry fee:
National Fantasy Football Championship = $5,000
Second Place = $1,000
Third Place = $500
Fourth Place = $125
Fifth Place = $75
Sixth Place = $50

$30 entry fee:
National Fantasy Football Championship = $2,500
Second Place = $500
Third Place = $250
Fourth Place = $65
Fifth Place = $35
Sixth Place = $25
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:41 am

site is blocked at my work Greg - can you please remind me if there are any state restrictions using the fantasy911 website.

southpaw24

Post by southpaw24 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:45 am

$30 and $60 already filled

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:03 am

Originally posted by southpaw24:
$30 and $60 already filled I saw that too. I've played in this contest since Greg made it available and I've never seen it sell out so soon.
Something must be up.

kingofbeers

Post by kingofbeers » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:16 am

Yea, the interesting thing is that it doesn't look like there is any way to know that they are filled until after you have deposited money. I put in $90 thinking I'd get one 60 and one 30 dollar team. Only to find out they were both filled. So I ended up putting in another 30 to get a 120 dollar team just to make sure I got one. Unless I missed it, they should post this information up front!!!

Chi_Town_FEW

Post by Chi_Town_FEW » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:21 am

I se that also. I don't think that 350 teams took all those spots yet. That did get me to buy a $120 team though.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:21 am

I don't think we're close to full yet!!! Something is up. I'll email Sam to open those contests up soon. Sorry. Trust me, we are going to get all of you in through January.

As I expected, they weren't reset from last year yet. Sam will try to get that done ASAP and open those areas for Registration as well. Thanks for the heads up guys and look for those to open soon.

[ December 16, 2011, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:04 am

Okay, the $30 and $60 contests are open for business now. Glad to see that four of our NFFC veterans have already signed up for teams. If you need help with anything, contact me at [email protected] or Tom Hatfield at [email protected]. This should be a lot of fun and not an easy contest to win. Good luck all.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:08 am

I'll start separate signup lists for each post-season contest once we get to the post-season, but for now I'll list early signups here so that folks know how many spots remain open for each contest. Again, we are shooting for 170 teams at each price level:

NFFC/Fantasy911.com $120 Post-Season Contest:
1. Bud Dietrich
2. Robert Fatzinger
3. Roger Martin
4. Jason Perkins
5. KJ Duke
6. Matt Bannister
7. Jules McLean
8. Martin Lowy
9. Neil Bogatz
10. John Haskell

NFFC/Fantasy911.com $60 Post-Season Contest:
1. Roger Martin
2. Jason Perkins
3. Jules McLean
4. Jules McLean
5. Marc Quitsch
6. Marc Quitsch

NFFC/Fantasy911.com $30 Post-Season Contest:
1. Roger Martin
2. Roger Martin
3. Jason Perkins
4. Jules McLean
5. Jules McLean
6. Marc Quitsch
7. Marc Quitsch
8. Bobby Adams
9. Frank Gibbons
10. Don D'Amico
11. Don D'Amco

[ December 18, 2011, 06:39 AM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:22 am

Greg, didn't you have a $240 contest last year?