What's Left In The Main Events?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:58 am

Okay, as of today it looks like we'll land at 294 teams for the NFFC Classic main event and 240 teams for the NBC Sports NFFC Primetime main event. We currently have 289 paid teams for the NFFC Classic and 230 for the NFFC Primetime. We also have a lot of teams on standby for a Primetime main event, so I'm not concerned about getting to 20 full leagues there.

If we finish there, we'll have 21 leagues for the NFFC Classic and 20 for the NFFC Primetime. With only two teams making the playoffs from each league, it's obvious that your odds of winning the overall $100,000 prizes are better this year than at anytime since 2005. If you finish in the top two in your league, you now will have a 1 in 40 or 1 in 42 (discounting the possibility of wild card teams) of winning the $100,000 prize. Nice.

I have a list of past owners who are still checking on their travel schedules for the NFFC Classic main event, but right now we are down to five guaranteed spots. I don't want anyone left behind, so please don't wait until Sunday to officially grab one of those spots as they may be gone. I'd love to fill each league perfectly, but right now it's first-come, first-served and I can't guarantee that we'll get past 294. Thanks and good luck all.

Same for the NFFC Primetime main event as we have 10 guaranteed spots left and I have more than that on my list of fence-sitters here. Please don't wait until the very last minute as I can't see us getting to 252 by Sunday night. Thanks and good luck all.

Tomorrow morning I'll be free for an online chat now that we have the Draft Champions Leagues, Auction Leagues and Ultimate League draft orders out. Join me tomorrow morning for a fun chat and we'll finalize all of the drafts by this weekend and get out the draft orders no later than Monday morning. Wow, we're almost there!!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:10 am

Okay, we just added another one more both main events in Orlando, so we're down to four spots in the NFFC Classic main event and 9 in the NFFC Primetime main event. I'm not trying to be pushy, but it's time to fill these up and be done with them. Thanks all and thanks to Kevin Rogers, who rejoins the NFFC after a year's absence.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:25 am

Okay, John Barkow is returning to both main events in Chicago, so we're down to 3 main event spots in the NFFC Classic and 8 in the NFFC Primetime. Yikes, sorry all. Welcome back John and we'll miss ya in las Vegas.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:34 am

Okay, I know that Mark Shark is going to take a main event team in both events as well, so we're down to two guaranteed spots in the NFFC Classic main event and 7 in the NFFC Primetime. If we get to 308, I'd be ECSTATIC, but I don't want to promise anything I can't deliver, so don't delay if you want one of these last spots. We'll worry about the city count later. Thanks all.

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:42 pm

I wish Barkow was going to Vegas too.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:37 pm

Okay, two more signups for the NFFC Primetime main event tonight leaves us with only five guaranteed spots left. We are close to full leagues for that event in Las Vegas, New York and Chicago, so we may need to get creative to make this happen. Stay tuned as I know we have more than 5 people on the list for teams in this one. Maybe we can hit 252 there, but again there's no guarantees. Keep 'em coming folks. :D

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:23 pm

Jim Ferrari taking spots in both NFFC main events puts us right on the edge for the NFFC Classic at 21 leagues and closer to 20 leagues for the NFFC Primetime main event. I see a scenario where the NFFC Primtime main event could work perfectly in each city at 22 leagues. Stay tuned.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:54 am

Okay, here's the official head count this morning:

NFFC - 293
NBC - 238

That leaves us with one guaranteed spot left for the NFFC Classic main event and two guaranteed spots left for the NBC Sports NFFC Primetime main event. We still have a couple of uncleared credit cards from this list, but it's still pretty solid. We also have more folks on our list who still are contemplating a spot in the NBC Sports NFFC Primetime main event than the NFFC Classic, so 252 is very possible there.

We'll keep the list growing through the weekend, but don't delay too long. Contact me at [email protected] or call me at 513-722-5310 and I'll do my best to still get you in the main event. Thanks all and great job during these last two weeks.

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:40 am

If you guys think Greg is kidding about having to shut out players, think again. I was a late decision maker last season as was my buddy. We were both shut out. Greg was not thrilled and neither were either of us. Get on board now or risk looking at my mug holding the $100,000 check on the front of every fantasy football mag.

Pete

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:19 am

We are at 294 teams for the NFFC Classic main event now, but one owner is tentative, so there's still a shot at the last spot if someone can grab it. It may be tough to recruit 14 more owners, so this could be it. As Pete said above, we don't wait for anyone on Draft Day if you're not there on time and we don't wait for those who sign up after we're full. The show must go on. :D

We've got a solid, solid, solid group of owners for both events. We'll keep the registration open through today and tomorrow and then convene on Sunday morning at the office. We're returning a lot of phone calls and still have some fence-sitters, but I think we know how this is going to play out now. Come and join us or read all about it later on. :D Thanks all.