Greg...

Shrink Attack

Greg...

Post by Shrink Attack » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:40 am

...will the Packers play a full go tonight? The line is Green Bay -13 points, but I really have to wonder if Rodgers will be playing the entire game or not.

I know they haven't completely clinched Home Field advantage yet, so there is incentive there. Just a tricky bet at this point.

Are you going to the game?
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Tom Kessenich

Greg...

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:14 am

Not Greg but the Packers need to win tonight to clinch the No. 1 seed. So I would anticipate the starters playing the full game unless they have a huge lead in the second half. And chances are if they have a huge lead Rodgers has had a pretty good game.

If I had any of the key Packers, I would be starting them with confidence tonight. This is a game the Packers need to win and I believe it's one they will win.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Shrink Attack

Greg...

Post by Shrink Attack » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:27 am

Thanks, Tom I appreciate it.

Do you think the Packers cover 13 points?

Greg Ambrosius

Greg...

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:02 am

Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
...will the Packers play a full go tonight? The line is Green Bay -13 points, but I really have to wonder if Rodgers will be playing the entire game or not.

I know they haven't completely clinched Home Field advantage yet, so there is incentive there. Just a tricky bet at this point.

Are you going to the game? I am not going tonight because of Christmas. Half of me wishes I was at Lambeau Field, but as a dad I just can't do it on Christmas Day. I'll be there next week and for the playoffs.

I really believe the Packers are going to have a great night tonight. The weather is ideal, high 20's tonight and no snow or inclement weather. McCarthy was on the Packers BIG TIME this week and he was embarrassed by last week's performance at Kansas City, where he once served as Joe Montana's QB coach. He is saying things like there will be no talk of injuries or resting or anything. I think Rodgers plays as deep as needed to get this win.

The defense can't let another backup QB beat them or control the ball. This will be a tough game and the line is too high, but I really believe the Packers come out strong and keep going. They NEED this win tonight to secure the No. 1 seed throughout the playoffs. I say they get it tonight and easily, but I'm also nervous right now.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Greg...

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:04 am

Here's an interesting stat about the Packers. McCarthy believes it helps to get the ball to start the second half, so even when they have won the coin toss this season they have deferred each time. In fact, they have received the ball only twice out of 14 games this year and I trust they'll be kicking off again tonight. Either the Bears will win the toss and receive or we'll defer. Crazy and it backfired last week when the Chiefs marched down the field in 8 minutes of ball control, but we'll see how it plays out tonight.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

kentucky

Greg...

Post by kentucky » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:17 am

I'll put the kiss of death on the game. I parlayed -13 / U42.5.
bill cleavenger
"BIG BLUE NATION" ... We don't rebuild, we reload!!!

BillyWaz

Greg...

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:35 pm

Hope you didn't bet the 13 Paul. The Packers defense is pathetic. Seriously, anyone in the playoffs who can run the ball is gonna give them fits.

2 weeks ago I said there is no way San Francisco could win in Lambeau......I would like to take that back.

Greg Ambrosius

Greg...

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:56 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Hope you didn't bet the 13 Paul. The Packers defense is pathetic. Seriously, anyone in the playoffs who can run the ball is gonna give them fits.

2 weeks ago I said there is no way San Francisco could win in Lambeau......I would like to take that back. Well, don't bury the Pack just yet. I agree, that defense can't get off the field without Pickett inside. But I think the Saints will eat them up more than the Niners. Yes, the Niners are No. 1 vs. the run, but the Packers will go with five wides even in mid January and make it tough on that defense.

We'll see how it all plays out. The Packers definitely have some holes and this defense isn't close to last year's version. They miss Jenkins in the middle and the loss of Pickett hurts now. Lions and Saints can score with us, but winning at Lambeau is never easy. It should be a fun ride.

DOOMSDAY

Greg...

Post by DOOMSDAY » Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:40 pm

The Cowboys will be planning a trip to Lambeau in a couple weeks!

Shrink Attack

Greg...

Post by Shrink Attack » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:59 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:

2 weeks ago I said there is no way San Francisco could win in Lambeau......I would like to take that back. I didn't bet it, but of course Rodgers came through as usual.

Combining the incredible talent of Rodgers with the weakness of the Pack defense will be leading me to bet the Over on the Green Bay playoff games.