List of best FFootball players...

edcnp

Post by edcnp » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:38 pm

****://www.theoffersystem.com/

For those of you who want a sample of what is to come, here is a sample Top 25 list of owners.

Future lists will include links to each player's history and also the leagues in which they are racking up all their O.F.F.E.R. points.

(Sample List - Rankings Debut - Fall 2007)

Worldwide O.F.F.E.R. Rankings (Top 25)

1 Todd Ullman

2 Matthew Bayley

3 Johnny Mikuluk
4 Anthony Carella
5 Richard Berger

6 Dester Cuomo
7 Lynn Renfro
8 Rob Benetti
9 Rusty Tinik
10 David Fisher
11 Michael Schulte
12 William Hunter Jr.
13 Robert Iverson
14 Todd Smith
15 Gene R. DiMedio
16 Peter Korian
17 Jules McLean

18 Tom Wentzel
19 Ed Killmer
20 Jeff Black

21 Salvatore Diana
22 Michael Holt
23 Rick Bolton

24 Jeff Pasquino
25 David Dodds

(Sample List - Rankings Debut - Fall 2007)

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:01 pm

LMAO :D :D :D

Don't forget the FF Hall of Fame induction ceremonies in March. It's a black jersey affair! :D

TexasHeat

Post by TexasHeat » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:48 pm

I dont get it.
"That's how you become great man, hang your balls out there"

Hard heads

Post by Hard heads » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:52 pm

No offense to Mr. Ullman, but one year makes him the best of all?

gomizzouman

Post by gomizzouman » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:08 pm

Yeah, anyone can throw a list on a board. I love the concept, but for this to have any legs, an agreed upon methodology comes well before a list.

If the NFFC and WCOFF were to collectively develop a scoring system to provide clarity and credibility it could be a tremendous marketing tool for the industry as a whole. I just can't see it working for a pop up tent along the information super highway.

The fact is though....Anyone can win on any given Sunday! Rankings Schmankings!
It takes a great person to be truly humble, and a humble person to be truly great.

BONGIZMO

Post by BONGIZMO » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:34 pm

The data is available for both contests. Any chance Greg you and the new WCOFF team can work something up as it's a combined ten years of data after this season? Think of the marketing possibilities when the NFFC has the top 50 all in the event for example... ;)
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

renman

Post by renman » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:12 am

This is interesting. It would be fun if there could be some kind of fantasy footballer ranking system. I am not sure what "offer" rankings is using to make that above list... but I like the idea...

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:27 am

Originally posted by Big MO:
Yeah, anyone can throw a list on a board. I love the concept, but for this to have any legs, an agreed upon methodology comes well before a list.

If the NFFC and WCOFF were to collectively develop a scoring system to provide clarity and credibility it could be a tremendous marketing tool for the industry as a whole. I just can't see it working for a pop up tent along the information super highway.

The fact is though....Anyone can win on any given Sunday! Rankings Schmankings! The WCOFF and NFFC were approached by this company to participate in this ranking system and we both declined. Jesse and Dustin have created a similar ranking system using points for number of events entered and we have approached a few other top game sites in the industry to participate. We know that no ranking system is perfect, but we are going to start with a few top fantasy football games and figure something out among us. I met with Jesse and Dustin on Saturday night for dinner and I think they will tease this a bit this weekend at the WCOFF draft. More details will come from both of us soon enough.

The concept makes sense, but it's tough to rank fantasy players when you don't have the past 4-6 years of data from the WCOFF and the NFFC. We will provide that in our ranking system and include past history from other games as well to do this right. Again, it won't be perfect, but I trust it will be a fun water-cooler topic of conversation!! :D

Stay tuned.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:28 am

Guys read the fine print:
Sample List - Rankings Debut - Fall 2007)

Plus 25 is David Dodds.

Its a Sample guys. Sample. :rolleyes:

Team Canada

Post by Team Canada » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:31 am

So if I beat rob this year am I #7 lmao!
2008 double playoffs!!