Friday Night Plans In Las Vegas

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:41 am

Okay, I'm disappointed to report that our Fi$her Party in Las Vegas has been postponed for a year. It's not because some of our guys got abused at last year's party or that RT suffered a concussion during a memorable pratfall or that we couldn't hire the same bartender again (DAMN!!). The Fishers can't make another trip out to Vegas this year in September and thus they will be setting up shop at our New York draft.

But that doesn't mean we can't do something special in Las Vegas on Friday night. If Perry or John Zaleski or someone else sets up a poker game, I'll get a room at the Flamingo on Friday night for a little reception. We have six leagues going on Friday and after that we can have a small gathering of NFFC folks who want to get together and talk about football and the upcoming drafts.

I've reserved Virginia City II ballroom from 8-11 pm for my Las Vegas folks who want to stick around for a Welcome Reception. The Flamingo is allowing us to bring in our own poker chips and will set up some rounds for us. I can order some food and drink for three hours and if anyone wants to come into Las Vegas early before Saturday's drafts we'll gladly offer them a drink.

We can do this in Las Vegas because of our contract with the hotel and a lot of our folks who come in early and stay at the Flamingo register early in Las Vegas. Okay, let's see if there's any interest in this idea and if there is I'll finalize these plans with the hotel.

Anyone up for a friendly poker tournament at the Flamingo that night? Anyone staying at the Flamingo and want to join us for a Welcome Reception? Let me know here and we'll figure it out. Thanks all.

And dammit, somebody post on this thread or I'll be mad!! :D It's time for all of us to start trash talking. We need more of that here these days. :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:42 am

GREAT IDEA Greg!

Good opportunity for those who drafted on Friday to wind down and enjoy some food and beverages and talk about the completed or upcoming drafts and be joined by some getting in on Friday and getting ready for Saturday.

One NOTE about a "friendly" poker game - there can be NO CASH on the tables or exchanged - certainly we can have a tournament and Greg can award some nice Fanball prizes.....but it is Nevada and there ARE gaming commission rules to be followed....but those who want to play can still have a great time.

KDS for spots at the table?

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:52 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
It's time for all of us to start trash talking. We need more of that here these days. :D

Well shoot preacher, you done cleared out all the bad guys. Everyone's ducked behind the stagecoach 'fraid they'll get a caboose full of lead !

;)

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:53 am

Friday night in Vegas? Maybe Tom needs to do a Friday night in NYC!! Maybe just a get-together at Hooter's :D :D

THAT could be the determining factor as to if I sign up for a Friday event and the NFFC Classic ;)

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:05 am

oh Tom...

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:10 am

Originally posted by Captain Hook:
GREAT IDEA Greg!

Good opportunity for those who drafted on Friday to wind down and enjoy some food and beverages and talk about the completed or upcoming drafts and be joined by some getting in on Friday and getting ready for Saturday.

One NOTE about a "friendly" poker game - there can be NO CASH on the tables or exchanged - certainly we can have a tournament and Greg can award some nice Fanball prizes.....but it is Nevada and there ARE gaming commission rules to be followed....but those who want to play can still have a great time.

KDS for spots at the table? Correct. Zaleski or someone else can write down the names of folks who are playing for money and bring our own chips, but that's the extent of it and the Flamingo is being very nice to allow us our own ballroom to do this. I'm still working on all of this, but it could be great fun.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Dave Clum

Post by Dave Clum » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:41 am

Food drink and sports talk.Sounds great to me.

Dabigu

Post by Dabigu » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:34 am

count me in also
Some Assembly Required

RC Techies

Post by RC Techies » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:15 pm

Will be arriving in Vegas and would be interested.

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:34 pm

Greg, feel free to throw a bone to the other cities. There are others who'd be capable of replicating this type of thing in Chitown & NYC. ;)
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.