Anyone else starting Brees?

Team Canada

Post by Team Canada » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:01 am

Just wanted to see if anyone else is going with Brees? It was well worth the 400 FA$ to get Grease ball's 24 against the lions but it's between Harrington,Griese,Warner and Brees who plays at home after a bye against the panthers. Sticking with my bust still!
2008 double playoffs!!

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:20 am

It is either him or "Wonderboy" Trent Edwards in one of my satellites.

I'm banking that with 2 weeks off, New Orleans got the kinks out, and Sean Payton can be mentioned again as one of the better coaches in the NFL.

Actually, I would just like to see if they can score 20 points! :eek:

[ October 03, 2007, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:28 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
I'm banking that with 2 weeks off, New Orleans got the kinks out, and Sean Payton can be mentioned again as one of the better coaches in the NFL.Rumor has it that the Saints have spent the better part of the last 2 weeks figuring how best to employ their new secret weapons:

(1) Pierre Thomas
(2) Lance Moore

williamhare

Post by williamhare » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:54 am

I'm going with Brees over Schaub and Derek Anderson, with confidence (kiss of death).

Schaub might get the call--- if he had Andre J.
Derek at Pats a rather easy dis.
HMan83

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:48 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
I'm banking that with 2 weeks off, New Orleans got the kinks out, and Sean Payton can be mentioned again as one of the better coaches in the NFL.Rumor has it that the Saints have spent the better part of the last 2 weeks figuring how best to employ their new secret weapons:

(1) Pierre Thomas
(2) Lance Moore
[/QUOTE]Lance Moore will have 8 catches for 120 yards and a score this week. Guaranteed.

This is coming straight from Mr. 47...That's how many points I scored last week...lol
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:24 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:

(1) Pierre Thomas
(2) Lance Moore
[/QUOTE]Lance Moore will have 8 catches for 120 yards and a score this week. Guaranteed.

This is coming straight from Mr. 47...That's how many points I scored last week...lol
[/QUOTE]hope you start him then, there's half your points for the week ;)

jjsegura78

Post by jjsegura78 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:43 pm

Hey Canada,
Although Brees was on his bye week last week I wish you would've started him. But, I also wish I would've started Shaub over Rivers AGAIN!!! :(
Projection 2010: Either winning my Classic LV/Chicago Dual League, or making it to the Catalina Wine Mixer.

JJ Segura

renman

Post by renman » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:32 am

I think anyone NOT starting Brees would be nuts... It is always about FUTURE POTENTIAL... and so much what you just did.

Starting today, Brees is still a top fantasy QB regardless of how the team has struggled. If I had Brees I would believe the team circled the wagons on the bye week and will come out producing this week... I could be wrong, but as a Brees owner you have to believe in that. Unless you have a really productive alternative I can't see benching Brees this week.

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:14 am

Handicapping Brees future will not be easy.

You cannot discount the effort last year though the reality is that they have posted 3 stinkers in 2007.

Do you hang your hat on the past or how that team is performing so far this season?

As a Brees owner I would say that if you have other viable options you must now consider Brees a spot starter until he/they show that they can move the rock on a continual basis.

If I was handicapping this I would have thrown out the week one performance going into week 2. But after 2 more bad efforts you must temper your expectations moving forward. He will have to produce one or two solid efforts before he again attains the "must start" tag he earned last year.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

renman

Post by renman » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:40 am

I think I would start only 4 QB's over Brees this week...

Romo, Kitna, Manning, Brady

Based on the logic in my previous post. Though I do agree with Teds Cracked head that 3 bad games in a row is cause for concern. If off a bye week they throw up another bad one, then I would start thinking of other options.

[ October 04, 2007, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: renman ]