Who in the NFFC has actually played Football?

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:05 pm

Aye.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Team Canada

Post by Team Canada » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:14 pm

Good question Snake...
Judging by the way a lot on here are so touchy I would say they have never been on any serious sports team especially football or they would not be so sensitive from a little ribbing ;)

My highest level was senior mens in Canada, mostly former Canadian university players our team had 4 guys that played D2 in the states aswell...

Never a star or anything but I do know what it's like to be in the trenches and bang with the bigs and I wouldn't give my championship ring back for 2 new shoulders either :D

What about you snake?
2008 double playoffs!!

MGB MARTY

Post by MGB MARTY » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:18 pm

Played High School Football 2 way player WR/CB Did not throw much but loved CB of course back then I was fast and since there was not much passing back then in 1976 we had an aggressive coach who would shoot thr CB's at line of scrimmage so loved the position. More importantly coached my son in Pop Warner for 5 years 2 as head coach 3 as defensive coach had more fun doing that. My nickname was Buddy for Buddy Ryan which is how I coached the kids was asked to coach on high school level but could not do it based on work sked. Great topic and post Mr. QB

Marty

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:55 pm

1990 North Street Super Tecmo Bowl Champeen! :D

GK already knows the answer for me....but, I'll participate....and as usual, it will probably be a long post. Thanks to those who actually read it.

Played organized tackle from 3rd-12th....and then I gave in to all the bad habits. :(

When I first started, we actually had the 3rd-6th graders all on the same team. I was the only 3rd grader to start and am still amazed they allowed those ages to play together. They eventually changed it to 3rd/4th and then 5th/6th.

I high school, I lettered all 4 years. My freshmen year was basically due to our team being so dominant that a lot of the 9th graders got a chance to play in blowouts.

My 10th grade year I actually played on the Varsity, JV, and 9th grade team :eek: . The 9th grade team didn't have enough players and I was so small that I passed for a freshman. It was actually very fun playing in 3 games during the week while others were practicing. :cool:

My 11th and 12th grade years I was an All-Ohio Outside LB/SS at two different schools. I actually played H.S. football at 3 different schools, with one of them being my previous schools rival. It was odd/fun playing against all of my friends that I grew up with.

I led the team in tackles during my 11th and 12th grade years....and played all over the place on offense. From RB to WR to QB(which I hated, but now wish I played more). Growing up in a football family, tons of players(grandpa played with in college and was friends with Ara Parseghian) and coaches(dad was and still is) gave me an innate ability to play the game at numerous positions. Heck, I even held for extra points and did our onside kicks and even slid to middle LB on the goal line.....at the size of 5'10 150lbs.

I visited numerous D1AA/D2/NAIA colleges as I planned on playing, but like I said went another route with my life.

My last H.S. game....I couldn't leave the field. I remember the buses being boarded before I could bring myself to leave. I actually bawled, I guess I knew it was over....even though I got to play in an All-Star game..OH vs. WV....which was a blast playing WITH a bunch of people I knew from all the newspaper clippings. Every once and a while I watch some of my old tapes. I played for my dad my last two years of H.S. so I have most of my game tapes. I also still have my home and away jerseys from 11th and 12th grade and even have my helmet from my senior year....with chewed mouth piece still attached!

Up until a few years ago, I was still playing in flag football leagues and every Super Bowl Sunday and Thanksgiving morning we used to meet to play a game of tackle, but with everybody getting older and having families, it eventually stopped. I coached for a few years and would love to get back into once my kids are grown.

I guess I could've given the "aye" answer, but you know it's not my style.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:13 pm

How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind. Originally posted by GK:
quote:Originally posted by Team Canada:
Good question Snake...
Judging by the way a lot on here are so touchy I would say they have never been on any serious sports team especially football or they would not be so sensitive from a little ribbing ;)

My highest level was senior mens in Canada, mostly former Canadian university players our team had 4 guys that played D2 in the states aswell...

Never a star or anything but I do know what it's like to be in the trenches and bang with the bigs and I wouldn't give my championship ring back for 2 new shoulders either :D

What about you snake? ...yep high school player - old school style - two way - on offense QB (can still wing it 50-60 yards today) and on defense, cornerback...the transition to college resulted in more "refined" interests (for the "playing" portion of the equation anyway) over to the fine arts side (majored in theatre)...the reason that SNAKE is asking here (besides his insanely innate curiosity) - and this is in NO way, shape, manner or form a judgement of any sort - is that it just seems that most FF players The Serpent has come in contact with seem to be on the "bookworm" side of the equation if you will...again, this observation has NOTHING to do with the prowess at FF of any individual owner and is merely borne from SNAKEexperience...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:24 pm

Originally posted by Just Russ:
How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd4jRk1P ... re=related

About as likely as that time machine working!
:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpyT4pc_ ... 0D&index=2

[ December 17, 2008, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: GOD Loves You ]
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:38 am

Aye. In high school, I played QB, and anywhere on defense that coach needed me - safety, LB and even DE a few times. By senior year in high school I had bulked up to 195 and ran the option. I got to jack a few guys up, Tim Tebow style, when running with the ball.

I played a year in college also.