Las Vegas Auction League Selection Order

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:53 am

We have officially picked the selection order for our first ever NFFC event. Thanks guys for making this the first officially filled league!!! These 14 owners will be using an imaginary $200 budget to select 20 players on Friday, Sept. 3rd starting at 6 p.m. at the Flamingo in Las Vegas. The winner earns $4,000, second place $1,750 and third place $550. There are two divisions in the Auction League and six teams actually qualify for the playoffs, with the division champions earning first-round byes.

Anyway, here's the Selection Order:

1. Kyle Pope
2. John Crane
3. Kevin LaCour
4. Charlie Gillespie
5. Marc Moyer
6. John Zaleski
7. Dale Tobias/Kevin Dukesherer
8. Phillip McDonald
9. Bill Ezzell
10. Harlon Waggoner
11. Gordon Gekko
12. Shawn Childs
13. Dave Cushard
14. Chris Schrinker

Under this scenario, here are the two divisions with odd-numbered teams in one division and even-numbered teams in another. For the sake of argument, we'll call them the East and the West Divisions:

EAST DIVISION
Kyle Pope
Kevin LaCour
Marc Moyer
Dale Tobias
Bill Ezzell
Gordon Gekko
Dave Cushard

WEST DIVISION
John Crane
Charlie Gillespie
John Zaleski
Phillip McDonald
Harlon Wagoner
Shawn Childs
Chris Schrinker

Just so everyone understands the playoff format, here it is from the Rules: Leagues will be split into two seven-team divisions and the divisional winners will receive a first-round bye in the league playoffs. The second-place teams based on records and the two remaining teams with the highest point total for the regular season will also advance to the league playoffs, meaning six teams from each division advance to the playoffs. The third-seeded team will take on the sixth-seeded team in Week 14, while the fourth-seeded team will take on the fifth-seeded team. The lowest-seeded winning team from that round will take on the top-seeded team in Week 15 and the middle-seeded teams will also compete in the semi-final round of the playoffs. The playoff winners from Week 15 will compete in Week 16 for the league championship prize, while the losers from Week 15 will compete in the third-place game.

I should clarify that third and fourth seeds will be based on best records among those two teams and if they were tied, obviously total points would determine that seeding. Since the last two playoff spots are determined by total points, the team with the most points among those two gets the fifth seed.

Okay, enough of that. Tom Kessenich pulled the names out of a brand new NFBC FlexFit hat (great $20 value) and somehow got Dyv pick #13 for the second straight day. Figure that. Again, blame him if you don't like your selection spot, but everyone has the same amount of money to buy players and has the same opportunity to get any player they want! Just remember that we throw out players for bidding 1 through 14 and we go back around again at the end of the round, it is not serpentine.

Let the divisional rivalries begin....and the smack talking!
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:40 am

Let's see, I got Cush and Bill in my division. Two "vets". The other names don't ring a bell, except for the Walla man. Since he is in the other division, it looks like I'm in the harder one. :mad: Go figure. :mad:

Maybe some of the others are vets as well. Anyone care to share?

[ August 26, 2004, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:02 am

I am in the Eastern division too (listed under my partner's name), so I guess thats at least 4 satellite rivals all in the same division ... but how is San Diego in the east?

[ August 26, 2004, 04:04 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:18 am

I could have called them the Up Division and the Down Division, the Black Division and the Blue Division, the North Division and the South Division, or even the Great Division and the Best Division. In fact, I'll let you guys come up with the name of your divisions and we'll make it work.

I'm surprised there's not more smack about the "division" rivalries we've created here. Good luck everyone.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:38 pm

WHAT THE F^*)* ?

Tom Kessenich - are you writing a magazine article about how the #13 pick in any draft is clearly the best spot possible and wanting me to hold it down to prove your theory? Sheesh! At least for the auction format it's not a big issue ;)

It's all about the points - and whether Gordon is in my league or anyone else really makes no difference to me. Fact is, I have to score the most points and take care of business. That hasn't changed.

For the #13 pick I nominate Marshall Faulk $21

D
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:44 pm

Why yes I am. Good call Dave. :D
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

lumpy463

Post by lumpy463 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:23 pm

Since I live in the great state of Louisiana, I cannot be the primary owner. I recruited my buddy from Baltimore- Kyle Pope. He has been silent so far, but as far as talking smack goes,he can give Gekko a run for his money. Now the question is how do we start the draft? Priest for one dollar or Jeff Wilkins for one dollar. Guess I have a few days to decide.

Derek "Lumpy" Anderson
Derek "Lumpy" Anderson

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:32 pm

Originally posted by Derek Anderson:
Kyle Pope. He has been silent so far, but as far as talking smack goes, he can give Gekko a run for his money. Have at it. The floor is yours... :eek:
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:00 am

Gordon, You over looked Shawn Childs in my division. He is first in both the NFBC overall and
LV AL Auction league. Not exectly a cake walk there.

Kevin L

Post by Kevin L » Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:53 am

Well Lumpy, you're not the only Cajun in the bunch! I'm in the opposite situation, born in LA but reside in the suburb of Texas.

Will you be at the auction?
Can we run some LSU smack for our pending back to back national championship run?

Which of guys have run through an auction before?

I agree with ya, no smack on this league yet. Come on, we need some trash talking from East Coast Yankees.