Fool's Gold! Mark it down!

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Wed May 14, 2008 5:27 pm

One of the Pre-season features on my site is the Fool's Gold predictions.

Here are a few early favorites to make that list. (I figured since we had a thread from another poster on Diamond's in the Rough, another feature on my site)

3 Players I see not finishing close to their ADP:

Laurence Maroney- full blown RBBC on a pass happy team. Plus this guy is a poor man's Fragile Freddy. Let's call him Fragile Larry! I've already seen him going in the top 12 RBs. My guess is he doesn't hit the top 25.

Javon Walker- I expect he'll be drafted as a top 20 WR. I'd be surprised if he hits top 30 when all is said and done.

Vince Young- I've seen him in top 10 QBs. He'll be lucky to get to top 20. There could be calls for a QB change in Tennessee if VY throws for less than 10 TDs again this year.

This list could change as the pre-season progresses. We'll have a full list on the site closer to the pre-season and again before the Main Events draft.

*(This information is for entertainment purposes only. The author assume no responsibility for your results. Serious and even fatal side effects may appear on your W/L record if you choose to ignore the instructions of the author.) :D
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Wed May 14, 2008 6:16 pm

Look over Maroney's 2nd half and playoffs. (He ONLY had 556 yards and 6 TD...then went on to lead the NFL in post season rushing despite having a BYE week, and added 3 more rushing TD's.)

Yes...looks like a bust to me. :rolleyes:

Anyone drafting Vince Young top ten this year is a complete joke.

Javon Walker is not news anymore...he's a project.

NEXT! :D

~Lance

[ May 15, 2008, 12:41 AM: Message edited by: sportsbettingman ]
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Wed May 14, 2008 6:35 pm

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
Look over Maroney's 2nd half and playoffs.

Anyone drafting Vince Young top ten this year is a joke.

Javon Walker is not news.

NEXT! Thanks for the feedback Lance.

Maroney's 2nd half his YPC went down from 4.8 to 4.3. He wasn't splitting carries with Morris who was lost to injury. Morris and Maroney's carries were split dead even prior to the injury. Plus Morris had 3 rushing TDs to Maroney's ZERO.

Add to that the Patriots are still bringing in RBs like Kevin Jones.

Only way Maroney makes his ADP is if Morris doesn't return, K. Jones isn't signed, and the Patriots depart from a gameplan that got them an undefeated regular season.

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Wed May 14, 2008 6:42 pm

Just giving you **** for fun, UFFBCS!

Nighty Night!

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Wed May 14, 2008 8:03 pm

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
Just giving you **** for fun, UFFBCS!

Nighty Night!

~Lance :rolleyes: :D

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Thu May 15, 2008 1:14 am

I with you Russ - Maroney won't see any of my teams this year. (Unless he falls to the 4th) Way too much for risk for me. I'd rather take on a risky pick like Reggie Wayne or Braylon Edwards. :D

Young is an easy call - don't take QB's that can't throw. I would even put Garrard in that list.

Does Walker still play in the NFL???

Wayne

da bears

Post by da bears » Thu May 15, 2008 2:55 am

I also agree about Young mostly because he has no one to throw to besides Crumpler. Heck the Titans wrs are worse than the Bears and thats saying alot....

Like Wayne said, Maroney won't be on any my teams either unless he is available in the late third or early fourth round.
Bauler Shot Caller

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Thu May 15, 2008 4:05 am

Sounds like a bunch of Rany Moss bashers who missed the boat last year because he was too risky. Are you Colts fans anti New England so you won't own any of their players?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu May 15, 2008 4:17 am

I'm very surprised at where I'm seeing Walker go in drafts so far. I think he might be done or at least finished as a quality WR. His knee isn't getting any better and the fact remains he's really only had two great seasons in his career. Toss in the fact he's had two major knee injuries in the past three seasons and he's not someone I'd want anything to do with this season.

Maroney's tougher. He's definitely talented. Look at what he did to close out last season, for example. And I don't expect the Patriots' passing game to be as good as last season. So I think Maroney will get more carries but I also don't see Morris or Faulk going away. And now they're looking at Kevin Jones too. That's a guy whose stock could slip between now and the start of the season.

With regard to Young, until he shows some signs he can throw the ball I won't touch him. I do think Crumpler is looking like a very nice value at TE, though. One thing Young does is throw to his TE and when healthy Crumpler is still a talented TE.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Thu May 15, 2008 4:27 am

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
I with you Russ - Maroney won't see any of my teams this year. (Unless he falls to the 4th) Way too much for risk for me. I'd rather take on a risky pick like Reggie Wayne or Braylon Edwards. :D

Young is an easy call - don't take QB's that can't throw. I would even put Garrard in that list.

Does Walker still play in the NFL???

Wayne Javon Walker has 55 million reasons to still play in the NFL.

:dropsmike: :rolleyes:

I'm not sure what the Raidas were thinking here? They basically were the only bidder and went nuts on his contract! :confused: