Who is your team ,And how they doing?

MidasMike

Post by MidasMike » Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:25 pm

This question is for the guys who regularly use this message board.I cant match up the teams with the screen names. So how is everyone doing ,(in the main league). That is all i care about , not this midseason crap. My team is Fire and Theft and we are 4-1 643 pts. I am pleasently surprised thus far , after losing Smith in wk 1 and having my #1 rb Henry doing nothing at all , to date. Actually lost a heartbreaker week 1 , or could be undefeated. Yet i can't complain , and won't. Gekko , who is your team? With all your knowledge and inside info you must be doing allright.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:51 pm

Originally posted by MidasMike:
Gekko , who is your team? With all your knowledge and inside info you must be doing allright. I don't know. My co-manager picked the team name and handles weekly operations. He supplies me with a report every Tuesday morning showing our record and pts. Last I checked we were 1-4 with 550.60 pts, or was that another team I'm thinking of? Can't remember. I guess we are doing "allright"
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:52 pm

Originally posted by MidasMike:
My team is Fire and Theft and we are 4-1 643 pts. I am pleasently surprised thus far , after losing Smith in wk 1 and having my #1 rb Henry doing nothing at all , to date. you must be a good manager or got real lucky. s.smith could be the worst injury of the year (i had him in 2 NFFC leagues). :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

[ October 14, 2004, 05:03 AM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:16 am

The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

renman

Post by renman » Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:45 am

my team is "grizzly glaze" from new york league 5... team is unbeaten and i am happy about that to say the least. won a miracle game in week one by .1 point after my tight end was shockingly released and i got zero from the position. i also played against holmes AND griffin on that monday night where they both went nuts.

my team is solid and balanced. i nearly took eric johnson with my final pick of the draft and did not and now i am kicking self. and i wasted 3/4th of my faab budget on nothing of value.. but as long as my team stays healthy, i think i have a shot to be competitive for the long haul.

[ October 14, 2004, 07:46 AM: Message edited by: renman ]

nnoy

Post by nnoy » Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:39 am

Main event: Money in the Bank 0-5, 506.7 points (14th in league, 198th overall)
Auction: Drafthelp.com Bus Drivers 2-3, 674.8 points (most points in league, 5th highest overall)
Draft Champions: Drafthelp.com Easy Money 715.8 points (4th in league, 9th overall)

Take a guess which team has Deuce and S. Davis?

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:00 am

Well, considering I've had McNair and Collins as my starters through 5 weeks and Barlow, Pittman and Garner(IR) as my Rbs, I'd say my 597.15 points is actually pretty impressive.
For Players. By Players.

richieprimo

Post by richieprimo » Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:05 am

I THOUGHT that I had a decent team after the draft, but the 2-3 record and middle-of-the-road points say otherwise. The following is my squad of underachievers and/or has-beens.

Pennington/Testaverde
J.Lewis/R.Johnson/Fargas/Hearst/L.Henry?
S.Moss/R.Smith/Gardner/Pathon/Wade/Boldin?
Heap/Jolley
Stover/Tynes
Oakland

Obviously, Henry and Jolley were pickups...wasted $$$.

Knew that Lewis would not go to jail during the season...but the suspension possibility got by me.

Had Rudi down for better numbers...still could happen after a brutal early schedule.

When drafting Pennington and Moss, I thought that C.Martin was through...blunder.

Thought Denver losing Sharpe would increase Smith's #'s...guess not.

We all know about Heap...coulda been nice.

Thought that I would still be in it when Boldin came back...wishful thinking.

This is my 1st foray into high-stakes fantasy football, and the competition is tough indeed. You guys are good. I'll look at it as a lesson for next year and be more prepared for the draft, knowing what I now know. To add fuel to the fire, I'm 0-5 in one of my local leagues, with my team having Deuce, Barlow, Steve Smith, McCariens and Heap, to name a few problems. Ugly, huh???

Good luck to all, and enjoy my contribution. I'll be better next year, as I'm a lethally quick study. Besides, the banter on the boards makes it worth the price of admission, even counting Geeko and my new friend Nnoy. :cool:

[ October 16, 2004, 10:35 AM: Message edited by: Primo ]
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.

KW3

Post by KW3 » Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:04 am

My team is Harry in the Hall. 5-0 with 690 points.

I went Duece/ T. Jones/ K.Jones in the first 3 rounds. Picks 1 and 3 haven't done much.

I'm a Giants fan and I'm kicking myself for passing on Tiki in round 3. The pre-season hype of the new and trimmed down Ron Dayne scared me off. I never thought he would amount to much but all of the talk was about Dayne splitting carries with Tiki and getting most of the goal line work. They tried him for a few games at the goal line but the guy is a bum. No heart at all. One hit and the guy stops moving his legs. He can't even master the difficult art of falling forward for an extra yard.

WRs Isaac Bruce, Reggie Wayne, and even Donald Driver have helped. LJ Smith and Eric Johnson have scored a lot for me at TE.

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:44 am

My team is Louisiana Lightning, 2-3, but in 16th place overall right behind KW3. Lost week 2 to the overall NFFC point leader, lost week 4 to the #2 overall NFFC point leader, and lost last week to #17. Brutal early schedule. Been lucky with injuries and enjoying the competition. My team is not spectacular but solid.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ