1ST Amendement/Free Speech Rights

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:51 am

I like lamp.

Just thought I'd kick in a random thought as well. :D
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

mkrucek

Post by mkrucek » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:17 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...once the voice of criticism and "pissing contests" have been publicly censored/shut down, the real rebellion commences...why anyone in their right mind feels that they can quell the human spirit with censorship is simply beyond SNAKE, as in fact, as history has taught many a king/emperor/dictator/regime, it has exactly the opposite effect ISHO...simply some random thoughts here...SNAKE Snake, it might be helpful if you had a better idea of why the 5th amendment was adopted. It is for GOVERNMENT censorship. Private business is not covered by it. And I'm sure someone of your obvious intelligence also knows that it does not give one unlimited rights to say anything one wants, even as far as the government is concerned. You're welcome in advance.
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

mkrucek

Post by mkrucek » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:18 am

One more thing, Snake. Check the 5th amendment again.
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

wayne123

Post by wayne123 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:32 pm

...SNAKE's focus is somewhat split as he is attempting to make loot at the workplace in order to pay the costs for the upcoming FF season so naturally he was referring to the 1ST Amendment here...

...also more importantly, whether it be in a government or private arena the RIGHT to censor might be different but the RESULT fostered through censorship is essentially the same - REBELLION/UPRISING and a renewed and even stronger motivation to fight for the believed cause by the participants involved...the masses can never be muzzled...SNAKE Snake,

The masses can usually be silenced rather easily. It is the individual that cannot be controlled! And it is the individual who those with power fear. For the individual, can lead the masses and challenge their power. So, lead on brother...lead on!
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:48 pm

...once the voice of criticism and "pissing contests" have been publicly censored/shut down, the real rebellion commences...why anyone in their right mind feels that they can quell the human spirit with censorship is simply beyond SNAKE, as in fact, as history has taught many a king/emperor/dictator/regime, it has exactly the opposite effect ISHO...simply some random thoughts here...SNAKE Snake, I must admit that I don't understand more than half of what you ever write anymore, but please tell me what you're talking about here on the NFFC General Discussion? Are you insinuating that someone censored your posts here? I honestly don't understand your intent anymore, so please speak English to me about this post so that I can understand what the hell you're saying and why you're saying it to our die-hard fantasy football audience. I was out of the office today and I'm not quite sure what in the First Amendment's right you're saying. Thanks.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:00 pm

ISHO...simply some random thoughts here...SNAKE Maybe we can have a "Snake Handy's random thoughts" forum on here? ;)

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:36 pm

...no not at all Greg, and as a matter of fact, au contraire'...that other FF'n site is where the travesty occured...all's good on the Eastern front as usual BossMan...SNAKE Okay. I was on the golf course today and don't know what happened in the fantasy world, so carry on with whatever that is you carry on with.....

News of my golf outing to follow soon enough...
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius