how many satellite leagues?

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:31 pm

I was just curious how many satellite leagues many of you are in.

I was in the main event this year and 2 satellite leagues. I'm also in 1 other non-NFFC league so 4 total (where $ is involved). I was just curious...any of you in a lot more satellites than just 2 or 3??

Cost aside, I thought if I started getting into too many leagues, I might get to the point where i'm cheering for 1 player in one league and then against him in another league.

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:15 am

Yes I am an addict.

5 DC satellite leagues
2 regular satellites
Main Event
Chicago $650 Auction
Chicago $650 DC
2 local auction leagues
1 work league (my 9 year old's team)
2 Antsports leagues

If it wasn't for Jules I would feel completely obsessed.

Wayne

[ December 14, 2007, 06:16 AM: Message edited by: Coltsfan ]

Team Canada

Post by Team Canada » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:10 am

I would be very interested in seeing what people's results were only including NFFC style league's percentage wise in terms of hypothetically making the playoffs in the main, as I know from reading the names in the sattelite leagues and then seeing multiple NFFC playoff births from them the competition is just as stiff if not tougher in the sattelite's
I do believe people would probably lie but I will start with my record:
I was in the main and 2 sattelites my main was hit really hard with injuries and one sattelite was absolutely destroyed by injuries leaving me one fairly healthy team that is second in scoring and pumped a 220 in the first week of playoffs.
That's 1 out of 3 33.333% I would be very interested to see what the major talkers on here put up especially snake who it seems has dissappeared?
2008 double playoffs!!

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:18 am

i was in auction, main and one sat, made playoffs in sat, injuries killed me in auction and main.. we'll see what happens. already screwed up and started chambers over scheffler for this week.. leaving 21 pts on dam bench.. hate this game..lol.
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:57 am

When I look at "success", I simply look at "did I turn a profit (for EACH league, not collectively)"?

I am playing in 12 NFFC leagues this year (all 3 live events + Diesel DieHard, and 8 satellites.

Coming into this season, I played in 18 NFFC leagues and turned a profit in 9 of them.

This season, I haven't been as fortunate, as out of the 12 I am in this year, I am only GUARANTEED one right now (Main), but am still "in the hunt" in 5 others, but will most likely "break even" in two others (which I personally don't count), have a decent shot in the H2H, an outside shot in a 4 person points satellite (had a bad week last week) and will most likely get 2nd in a WTA which gives me nothing.

So if I do only turn out to be 1 for 12 in "turning a profit" this year, I would be 10 of 30 for 4 years (33%).

There are people out there who say "well if you're in that many leagues you're bound to win some". While I agree, "turning a profit" (in the NFFC you most likely have to finish in 1st or 2nd- and WTA's 2nd place means NOTHING) is not as easy, and I know MANY people who have participated in 15+ leagues in the past 4 years and haven't sniffed a profit yet in ONE league.

This is why I don't buy into the fact that there is more luck than skill in fantasy football.

[ December 14, 2007, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:02 am

Main- dead money
$650DC- likely to get paid(currently 2nd)
$100 DC Sat. - currently 1st
$100 Pay top 3, currently 3rd
$100 Pay top 3, dead money
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:56 am

Jules, here. I am happy to report that I am NOT at the top of the list as to how many leagues is one involved! I know at least 2 people that are in more leagues than me!

I'm in 34 leagues (37 in you count football pools).

In the NFFC I am in The Main & the $1300 DC. 15 Satellites. I treated a lot of the Satellites as mocks, thus why I was in so many. I might not do this next year (in part because draft informed will be available for purchase I've heard). I was playing with house money in The Main & DC through Satellite winings last year.

H2H LV2 Champ = $2500, in a 3 week play for another $2500.
DC not gonna win, place or show!
SATs - undetermined, might win a few...

I played in a similar amount of leagues last year and netted a profit of $6500 (after deducting entry fees). This year I am up $2100 (after deducting $5100 for entry fees) and hopefully will add more.
@RedRyder

Team Canada

Post by Team Canada » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:19 am

Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
Main- dead money
$650DC- likely to get paid(currently 2nd)
$100 DC Sat. - currently 1st
$100 Pay top 3, currently 3rd
$100 Pay top 3, dead money Ultimate: If you didn't leave anything out 3 of 5 is very impressive especially when there were so many injuries. I'm to lazy to check but I think I remember looking at your main draft and being very unimpressed.
So I guess it goes to show you it can depend on were your drafting and with who that really determines your fate. Nice work
2008 double playoffs!!

Sound Advice

Post by Sound Advice » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:10 am

We are in 4 satellite playoffs out of 7 satellite teams. The 5th one missed the playoffs by 21 points (500 entry), it would have won the playoffs most likely. Kinda bummed there.

Jules is playing us in one, but she has knowingly used players at WR that do not support the ethical treatment of animals. ("Free Vick") We'd have him riding the pines, with a swift kick in the arse.

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:24 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
When I look at "success", I simply look at "did I turn a profit (for EACH league, not collectively)"?

I am playing in 12 NFFC leagues this year (all 3 live events + Diesel DieHard, and 8 satellites.

Coming into this season, I played in 18 NFFC leagues and turned a profit in 9 of them.

This season, I haven't been as fortunate, as out of the 12 I am in this year, I am only GUARANTEED one right now (Main), but am still "in the hunt" in 5 others, but will most likely "break even" in two others (which I personally don't count), have a decent shot in the H2H, an outside shot in a 4 person points satellite (had a bad week last week) and will most likely get 2nd in a WTA which gives me nothing.

So if I do only turn out to be 1 for 12 in "turning a profit" this year, I would be 10 of 30 for 4 years (33%).

There are people out there who say "well if you're in that many leagues you're bound to win some". While I agree, "turning a profit" (in the NFFC you most likely have to finish in 1st or 2nd- and WTA's 2nd place means NOTHING) is not as easy, and I know MANY people who have participated in 15+ leagues in the past 4 years and haven't sniffed a profit yet in ONE league.

This is why I don't buy into the fact that there is more luck than skill in fantasy football. thats crazy, im in like 6 leagues and it's tough to handle and keep track... i give you a lot of credit.. thats tough.. next year im going to do more satellites.. i just like the playoff format so much better.
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com