Anquan Bolden 31st overall pick???

Hoosier Hick

Post by Hoosier Hick » Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:50 pm

Wonder if he will start him also. (3rd pick of the 3rd round in one of the Chicago Leagues) Thats a lot of money to dish out and not be prepared.

[ September 04, 2004, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: Hoosier Hick ]

FFMadMan

Post by FFMadMan » Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:09 pm

Yeah, there are a couple of stacked teams coming out of Chicago because of picks like that. Which was worse - Boldin in the 3rd of Buckhalter in the 8th? M. Robinson was also another nice early pick. Too much trauma for me to remember which round. I felt like we drafted a great team in our group and then we walked around and saw those teams with 3 1st round RB's on 1 team. A little depressing after so much early fun.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:39 pm

Boldin? Robinson? Buckhalter? That settles it. I knew it all along. Even if you factor in the airfare and hotel costs, there is a definite edge to be had by drafting your team in Chicago.

Gordon, I would love to hear your thoughts on this one.

JerseyPaul

Post by JerseyPaul » Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:31 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
Boldin? Robinson? Buckhalter? That settles it. I knew it all along. Even if you factor in the airfare and hotel costs, there is a definite edge to be had by drafting your team in Chicago.

Gordon, I would love to hear your thoughts on this one. The answer is larger league awards and smaller overall awards.

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:01 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:

Gordon, I would love to hear your thoughts on this one. I am gonna checkout airfare for Sept 2005 flight to O'Hara !
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:48 pm

That was worse than 4 of the 6 leagues in Vegas having Marcel Shipp get drafted.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:47 am

I knew we got stuck at the wrong table in Chicago.
It was equally depressing to hear names coming from other tables after the break, that were taken in the first 5 rounds of our draft. This is why salary cap leagues live on. Not near the fun - not near the stupidity!

Hell's Coming With Me

Post by Hell's Coming With Me » Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:09 pm

I drafted my football team in Chicago, one because it's 30 minutes from my house, and 2 because when we went to Vegas for WCOFB-NFBC baseball drafts, we noticed the Chicago drafts had more.....unskilled ( no insult intended by any stretch ) players.

In league 2 of our Chicago football draft Dorsey Levens was drafted ( he's cut )..Byron Chamberlain was drafted ( he's cut )...Correll Buckhalter and Marcel Shipp were drafted ( both out for the season for quite some time.....

I'm playing for money..in the NFBC when I lost Sexson my chances for winning were gone, because all of the teams in my Vegas league are run so well.....why should I endure that when I can draft in Chicago and have a better chance of surviving an injury or 2, by getting a deeper team..... because some other Chicago owners like to draft players who are out for the season.

My suggestion to those complaining is.....YOU SHOULD HAVE DRAFTED IN CHICAGO.

Best of luck to all....unless we're on your schedule
PEACE

brad_brown

Post by brad_brown » Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:08 am

We had a great draft in Chicago League #3 and it sounds as if Chicago League #1 had a good draft as well.

I am guessing it was either Chicago #2 or #4 that had the strange draft (or both). Coincidentally those are the two leagues that don't have any replies to their draft order under the League Forums.
Uber Wizdom / Chicago League #3 / Pick #8
Chicago MickeyWhippers / NFFC Mid-Season A / Pick #6

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:17 am

Really now - am I crazy? If you take 4 crappy players and randomly sprinkle them into the top 140 picks of any league is it really going to make that big of a difference?

I saw a team in Vegas that had LT, Travis Henry and Curtis Martin as his starting 3 RB. I think this thread should be covered by the National Enquirer. I did see Elvis in Vegas, though...

Dyv
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!