Shout out to Greg, Tom and the Krause gang

ToddZ

Post by ToddZ » Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:24 pm

You guys took the time to publicly welcome and thank us so here's one back atcha---phenomenal job everyone. Thanks for putting this together in a first class fashion.
"No one cares about your team but you."

lichtman

Post by lichtman » Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:31 pm

It's nice to see the good guys win once in a while! I feel like I had the number one pick, and picking NFFC won me the championship.
Hello. My name is Lee Scoresby. I come from Texas, like flying hot-air balloons, being eaten by talking polar bears and fantasy football.

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:33 pm

Phenomenal job, gentlemen. I look forward to meeting you in Vegas, Greg, and yes, I did write down that cell phone number in case I need it Friday. :D
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:41 pm

Hey you guys. Don't you know that kissing up to us after we've already made the draft selections will get you nowhere!!! You were supposed to have started this thread yesterday and really kissed up to Tom, which may have led to some shenanigans as we made the draft selections. I can't love you anymore than I already do now, so hugs and kisses are useless for all of us!!!

Honestly, you don't need to thank us for anything. It was our pleasure losing the company money this first year. In 15 years as the editor of Fantasy Sports Magazine, I never had as much fun as I had this past year organizing the NFBC and NFFC, and trust me I had lots of fun in the early years of our magazine when even Chet Krause (the founder of KP) said at an employee stockholder's meeting "I still don't know what the hell that fantasy magazine is all about!"

The interaction with our customers is something I never got back from the magazine, unfortunately. But this interaction on our boards will make us better editors with our magazines, will allow us to one day build a bank of quality players who can be writers for our content web site (keep dreaming about it Tom, it will come true) and will provide us with feedback to create the best rankings and ratings in the industry. Your feedback on a lot of things has already helped us in our day-to-day Cheat Sheet updates and analysis.

Building the foundation in baseball and football this year was a labor of love, and even though my kids don't realize that now, they will in the future when they follow daddy to Las Vegas twice a year for getaways!!! Fifteen years from now, my two-year-old son will think he's got the coolest dad!!!

You boys (oops, we do have one all-female team in the NFFC) just get studying for this weekend's exam and save the accolades for Tom and me until it's time to belly up to the bar. We'll take one drink from everyone who is pleased with this event and find some way to choke those down, right Tom???? Enjoy everyone as this TRULY was our pleasure. And the best is yet to come.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

lichtman

Post by lichtman » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:17 am

As per Greg's instructions, I take back all of my good comments.
Hello. My name is Lee Scoresby. I come from Texas, like flying hot-air balloons, being eaten by talking polar bears and fantasy football.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:02 am

I've been swamped doing a lot of last-minute stuff before we get the party started, but I wanted to thank Todd and everyone for the nice words. This is definitely going to be a great event and one of the strongest reasons I feel that way is because of the group we have assembled. You guys have been great to work with and I think you're all going to be glad you got on board with our debut event as we grow it into something bigger and better in the future.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

JerseyPaul

Post by JerseyPaul » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:02 am

Tom, our reaction is a reflection on the responsiveness of the events organizers to questions, concerns, and suggestions that have been made here. I also note the "no delete" policy that was tested at times but you held fast.

This contrasts greatly with another, and I shall not name it publicly, event that I signed up for and was expecting to play in. There were a number of technical and organizational issues that resulted in a rough start. When those concerns were posted on the boards, the organizers deleted many of them. When I commented on the deletions, it was suggested that I drop out if I wasn't satisfied. Of course that was exactly what I did. Although the organizer apologized after I took him up on his suggestion, I decided to cancel and concentrate my energies here.

There is a difference in the experience when boards are read many times a day and responses made promptly. There is a difference when every effort is made to welcome each player and not just on the boards but as an attitude.

This really is the classiest high stakes organization and I, for one, hope it succeeds and meets its goals in the future.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:58 pm

Jersey Paul, that's a great post and we thank you for it. I'm surprised you said all of those nice things even though Tom picked like a 12 and an 11 for you in the two events. Again, you can see I'm blaming Tom for all of the draft selections!!! I think he's getting tired of the heat, but deflecting it that way has been oh so fun.

Hey, everyone, I'm in Las Vegas and it's only 107 out here today!!! But remember, it's a dry heat. Tom and I are finalizing all of the leagues and it looks like we have 14 for the New York Auction League and the NY-Chicago Draft Masters League will go well. We still have a little work to do yet to fill up the Chicago-Las Vegas Auction League, but we'll make it work. The three guys we have right now in Las Vegas aren't in the Draft Masters League, so we can still get that going at 6 p.m. CST and 4 p.m. PST. Stay tuned on that as Tom will give everyone an update tomorrow.

Thanks again everyone. I'm ready for Vegas, Tom is ready for New York and Rocky and staff are ready for Chicago. We'll make sure everything goes smoothly and the drafts will start on time. Don't be late!!!
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius