Owen Daniels

BillyWaz

Owen Daniels

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:18 am

Done for the year. :(

This sucks, as I have him on a few teams, and he was having a great year.

I think this really hurts Schaub owners as well. He really opened up things on the outside, and was turning into a great red zone option.

da bears

Owen Daniels

Post by da bears » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:23 am

I'm beyond disappointed as I have him on probably half my teams this season. :( :( :(

This is especially a big blow to my Classic team as I'm pretty much screwed now at te for the year. I bid on Fred Davis but didn't get him as he went for $151 in my league this week.

Oh well I'll just need Peyton and Wayne to kick it up another notch for the rest of the season. :D

[ November 01, 2009, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: da bears ]
Bauler Shot Caller

Gordon Gekko II

Owen Daniels

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:52 am

ya, i agree, this news sucks. with that said, i believe he was a 7th round draft pick. shouldn't be that big a loss for people.

da bears

Owen Daniels

Post by da bears » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:06 pm

Also no surprise today Boldin reinjured his ankle and had to be carried off the field.
Bauler Shot Caller

BONGIZMO

Owen Daniels

Post by BONGIZMO » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:44 pm

Seemed to be a rough week for TE's as I saw Boss, Olsen and Pettigrew all go out along with Owen this afternoon.
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

bobsgym13

Owen Daniels

Post by bobsgym13 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:00 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko II:
ya, i agree, this news sucks. with that said, i believe he was a 7th round draft pick. shouldn't be that big a loss for people. Another square peg in a round hole comment. I get the point your trying to make, but ... :rolleyes:

A few guys that patted themselves on the back a few too many times have really scarred you. :D :D :D

Bob
Luck in FF is like a game of Russian Roulette. The BWaz's of the world only have one bullet to spin - the rest of us have two. It's still mostly luck, but ...
-By Bob (For Gekko)

Gordon Gekko II

Owen Daniels

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:16 pm

Originally posted by Bob Squad:
Another square peg in a round hole comment. I get the point your trying to make, but ... :rolleyes:

A few guys that patted themselves on the back a few too many times have really scarred you. :D :D :D

Bob squad - if an owner can't overcome an injury to their 7th rounder (esp since he way overperformed the first 7 weeks of the season), they can't be that skilled. sorry. we are talking a 7th rounder here. not a 1st or 2nd.

[ November 02, 2009, 05:17 AM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko II ]

bobsgym13

Owen Daniels

Post by bobsgym13 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:36 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko II:
quote:Originally posted by Bob Squad:
Another square peg in a round hole comment. I get the point your trying to make, but ... :rolleyes:

Bob squad - if an owner can't overcome an injury to their 7th rounder (esp since he way overperformed the first 7 weeks of the season), they can't be that skilled. sorry. we are talking a 7th rounder here. not a 1st or 2nd.
[/QUOTE]Dude (yeah I went dude), I get it. It's mostly luck. If you drafted Austin and Sims-Walker in the 17th-18th rounds and they are injured tomorrow in a tragic bass fishing accident - It's a big blow to your team. :D

What about the guy that's 4-4 and in a 6-way battle for third and needs a few breaks. He just wants a little cash and doesn't think Rosario is going to get it done.

You are just too worried about making these skill/luck jabs. I'll write 'FF is 90% luck' on the chalkboard 1000 times if that will help.

Bob

[ November 02, 2009, 05:38 AM: Message edited by: Bob Squad ]
Luck in FF is like a game of Russian Roulette. The BWaz's of the world only have one bullet to spin - the rest of us have two. It's still mostly luck, but ...
-By Bob (For Gekko)

Gordon Gekko II

Owen Daniels

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:35 am

I don’t think I made any skill/luck jabs on this thread. What I’m saying is Daniels was a 7th rounder!! If an owner can’t sidestep a landmine in the 7th round, he/she probably isn’t meant to win significant money, right? Heck, all these players were drafted on average in the 7th round BEFORE Daniels: Torry Holt, LenDale White, Julius Jones, Chris Henry. You mean to tell me all those owners are DOA? By comparison, the Anthony Gonzalez injury was much more devastating to his owners. He was a 3rd rounder and most owners kept him around thinking he’d be back in Week 7. At least Daniels owners can cut the dude (yes, I said dude) this Friday. Good luck!

[ November 02, 2009, 06:36 AM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko II ]

GOD Loves You

Owen Daniels

Post by GOD Loves You » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:48 am

Hmmm, 2007, Daniels #7 TE
2008, #6
2009, #2

Yes, he's only average, should be quite easy to make up for his lost production....c'mon, the waiver wire is littered with ample replacements.

Meanwhile, speculation, well, that truly is unreplaceable. :rolleyes:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/delusional
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL