Best Investment! Fantasy Football

joetreff

Post by joetreff » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:13 am

NFFC offers a negative 20% return on your money over the long run. (to the average player)

The Stock market is down 30% since we drafted.

I called my broker today and let him know that we need to find some mid-season leagues to diversify into. Screw gold.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:28 am

Good stuff, and I have always said...

Just looking at the Main Event (provided you win your league and minus the taxes of course).....

"Where else can you get a 285% increase on your investment in FIVE MONTHS??!!!!

Fantasy football....... gotta love it!!! :D

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:36 am

Dow is up 10% since this post...
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:42 am

Originally posted by JohnZ:
Dow is up 10% since this post... Awesome. Back in the green for the day. The bull market has started!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:56 am

I could save 60% if I lose my wife. :D Is it just me, or does everyone's wife tell them how much they spend when they go shopping? I rather not know. Woman. :rolleyes:

John

Sound Advice

Post by Sound Advice » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:59 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
...Is it just me, or does everyone's wife tell them how much they spend when they go shopping?... :rolleyes:
John It's just you.

D-Day Heroes

Post by D-Day Heroes » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:13 am

Wells Fargo & Co. has been cleared by federal antitrust regulators to acquire troubled Wachovia Corp. for $11.7 billion after a deal between Citigroup and the bank fell through.

Charlotte, N.C.-based Wachovia fell victim to the subprime mortgage crisis and became ripe for takeover.

The rapid approval from federal regulators comes a day after Citigroup Inc. broke off talks with Wells Fargo after the two suitors failed to reach an agreement over how to split up the bank.

The San Francisco-based Wells Fargo said Thursday it would proceed with the purchase and plans to complete the deal by the end of the fourth quarter. The acquisition still needs the approval of Wachovia shareholders.
" When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. "
- Dwight D. Eisenhower