Week 5 "Who Do I Start" (WDIS)?

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:24 am

Classic:

1 RB - Washington (@MIA), Parker/Moore (@DET), LJ (vs. DAL)
Miami's only allowing 61 yds rushing per game. Despite Coach Ryan's displeasure w/ Leon only getting 8 snaps last week, will 12 more snaps really help vs. this D? Parker's unlikely to play, but Moore would seem to be a very high risk chance if the Steelers continue to feed Mendy so much. One would think though that, vs. DET, there would be enough to go around for 2 RBs? LJ has actually been a little better at home (just "bad" instead of "awful"? ) and the Broncos seemed to be able to run on Dallas last week. With Romo in a funk and maybe missing Roy this week, will Dallas give the ball up quicker?
We're leaning towards Moore so far.

1 WR - Gage (vs. IND), Caldwell (@BAL)
Despite the emergence of Nate Washington, Gage is still the more sizeable target. And yes Britt cuts into Gage's reps too. This week vs. the Jags, the targets went: Washington 12, Britt 11, and Gage 5. But in week 3 vs. the Jets, Gage still had more targets than them at 10 (Washington 9, Britt 6); and that was w/ Revis at corner. So I'm not quite ready to give up on Gage yet. One more game where he's the least targeted might push us over the top tho. ;) But the matchup vs. Indy should give them some opps to throw a lot.

Caldwell's matchup against the Ravens may look bad by reputation. But they're ranked 22nd in receiving D, allowing nearly 250 yds/gm and 5 TDs. And even though footballoutsiders.com ranks the BAL D highly vs. #2 WRs, #2s haven't done that poorly so far against them: KC's Bradley 4/73, SD's Floyd/Chambers combined for 3/75, CLE's Furrey 4/40, NE's Welker 6/48 and Brady hit 9 different receivers. Caldwell has 23 targets so far compared to 21 for Coles, but Caldwell's reeled in 16 vs. 10 of those. Certainly not expecting a huge game, but 10-15 fantasy points would be great.

Flex - One more from the above
We're leaning towards starting both WRs and not messing w/ Leon or LJ this week.

Primetime:
1 WR - Garcon (@TEN), Crayton (@KC), Harvin (@STL), BJohnson (vs. PIT)
Garcon has a sweet matchup where Manning should tear up the weak TEN secondary. Ya never know tho w/ these intradivisional games; TEN could play them tough (tho doubtful this year). Harvin has a nice matchup too, but he's just not involved enough in that offense to be reliable. Crayton may get a few more looks this week if Roy is out, but he may also draw more doubles? Though PIT's allowed 7 receiving TDs, neither Stafford nor Culpepper are Rivers or Palmer. :D
Most likely going w/ Garcon, esp. seeing this could be his last productive week if Gonzo returns in week 7 after their bye.

botherk

Post by botherk » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:32 am

Why oh why would Crayton need double teamed?
He's not getting seperation period.
If anything, he may get lucky in man to man if KC has too many players in the box playing the run.
He got a long touchdown opening day on broken coverage. That is the sum of his resume this year.
And, of course, he is on my team.
:D
Alge? Braylon? Knowshon?
C'mon parents!

Here are some names for football players.
Ouch, Hitcha, Juke, Blitz

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:39 am

I just figured they might double SOMEONE (besides Witten)? Maybe not. Care to address my questions?

botherk

Post by botherk » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:50 am

Gage, Johnson, and Garcon.
Gage will probably get a lot of balls with Tennessee most likely behind most of the game.

Johnson is better at home and Dallas has not been world beaters on defense.

Garcon is getting thrown to more and more as the season progresses. And when you've got one of the best qb's of all time throwing at him, you play him.
Alge? Braylon? Knowshon?
C'mon parents!

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:56 am

Thanks. We're tossing back and forth on LJ vs. Moore. I wouldn't be too surprised if KC pulls an upset of the reeling 'Boys (sorry Eddie ). Still need a flex in Classic, either Moore or Caldwell.

botherk

Post by botherk » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:03 pm

Tough to predict what the Steelers do if they go 21 points up on the Lions. Keep the kid in and have him get more reps or prevent injury and put him on the sideline. Toughie.
Slowly, Baltimore and Flacco are turning from a ball control offense into a big play offense. They have the second most points scored in the NFL. With the change on offense, the defense isn't as well rested and are not the same defense as in the past.
I guess Caldwell would be the "safer" pick since Cincy will probably try and run and gun with Baltimore, while we do not know Pittsburgh's intentions for Moore.
My head hurts now.
Alge? Braylon? Knowshon?
C'mon parents!

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:44 pm

The Boys will beat KC this week .Dallas is having promblems with the wide outs,ROY WILLIAMS SUCKS and hoping he doesnt play and get SAM HURD in there a nice sleeper pick this week.Get the ball to WITTEN they threw to him four times and he caught them all.
Also Barber and Choice are good recievers out of the backfield keep getting them the ball.I also think Romo bounces back big he's better than thisand he will get it going this week.
HOW BOUT THEM COWBOY'S.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:08 am

AND who is the best in the east the Giants who we ran through for 8.7 per carry .The 4 turnovers did us in and it still took a last second field goal to beat us.Even this week in Denver we are at the three with plenty of shots to tie the game.The Boys arent as bad as many people think wejust need to get Romo going and that starts this week.The defense is also better than there getting credit for and the sack's will start coming.The Cowboys defense is showing up on some waiver wire's and that's a nice investment right now.COWBOYS roll this weekend,
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!