is there going to be a basketball league?

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:56 am

i was in it last year and may be interested again.

any word?

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:27 pm

I predict an announcement within a week.

Stay tuned...

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:42 am

It's looking very promising for basketball this year. I had a teleconference with the NBA last week and they like the idea, thus licensing will not be an issue this year like it was last year (yes I still want to be licensed by the league). STATS is now the back-end support team for NBA.com and thus we'll have a commissioner product with STATS this year, consistent with baseball and football. All of your teams will be found in the same spot, including basketball.

We still have some details to work out and obviously getting this done so late will prevent me from mass marketing this game and getting lots of leagues. But at $600 per team, I think we'll get a few leagues this year and I will create an overall prize and a link to overall standings each day. We will name a 2006-07 National Fantasy Basketball Championship winner and carry this on each year, if everything falls into place. In the future, I hope to work closely with NBA.com to promote this, but again, we'll see how this all plays out.

Stay tuned. I hope to have some good news this week.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

stevop24

Post by stevop24 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:05 pm

Greg,

I would definitely be interested in a Hoops league...Please keep me in mind.

All the best,

Steve Pletkin
"When I walk down the street they'll say there goes Roy Hobbs...The greatest that ever was."

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:07 am

This thread needs to be refreshed every 24 hours to make sure it happens!

I'm already practicing my half court shot. Oh wait, that's another contest...

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:52 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:

I'm already practicing my half court shot. Oh wait, that's another contest... Are you entered in the 3 point contest in February? I'm really surprised you weren't caught by Jack Bauer!! I thought he always gets his man. I hope this wasn't mob related....Nice job in Baseball!

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:02 am

Originally posted by CC's Desperados:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:

I'm already practicing my half court shot. Oh wait, that's another contest... Are you entered in the 3 point contest in February? I'm really surprised you weren't caught by Jack Bauer!! I thought he always gets his man. I hope this wasn't mob related....Nice job in Baseball!
[/QUOTE]The 3-point contest reference was a joke. I can't enter EVERY contest, can I? ;)

Bauer had an incredible team -- Ryan Howard, Alfonso Soriano, Carl Crawford, Grady Sizemore to name a few. You'd be hard pressed to find a better 1/2/3/4 draft picks among all 330 NFBC entrants. His second-half surge was incredidlbe, but ultimately proved to start too late. Also, some late free agent pickups (Rich Hill and Boof Bonser among others) helped tremendously.

Do I get $200 for finishing ahead of you in the overall standings as well? :D

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:13 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by CC's Desperados:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:

[/QUOTE]The 3-point contest reference was a joke. I can't enter EVERY contest, can I? ;)

Bauer had an incredible team -- Ryan Howard, Alfonso Soriano, Carl Crawford, Grady Sizemore to name a few. You'd be hard pressed to find a better 1/2/3/4 draft picks among all 330 NFBC entrants. His second-half surge was incredidlbe, but ultimately proved to start too late. Also, some late free agent pickups (Rich Hill and Boof Bonser among others) helped tremendously.

Do I get $200 for finishing ahead of you in the overall standings as well? :D
[/QUOTE]I thought we were playing for $1 a point!! I came close on the 110 prediction for you. Is it true you are funding the baseball tangent comeback?

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:56 am

Baseballtangent was successful in riling everyone up.

They were unsuccessful in accessing the website after July 2nd. :eek:

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:08 am

Time for another bump!