A potential inherent unfairness in the schedule:

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:51 am

Originally posted by nnoy:
Maybe, just maybe, someone takes Lewis in the first 6, but I’d put the over under on the number of times the top-6 go in the first 6 rounds at 95.5 (16 leagues x 6 rounds.)

A valid argument can be made for Moss because of standard deviation, and I’ll be ready to take him there at #7 in the DM league (clearly a better pick in that format because of the optimal line-up rule.) But no chance anyone throws down a cool $1250 then goes brain dead at picks 1-6. Without getting too much into detail and strategy, I will say that Randy Moss "should" be in the top six of more than 15% of the drafts. I just hope he comes to us at #4 slot.
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

nnoy

Post by nnoy » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:57 am

That’s actually where I have him on my board (4th). But alas I have the #3 pick and what’s the point of even creating a board if you are not committed to it. I guess a few teams may have the insight to take him in the top-6 mix, but it’s hard to take what would be perceived as a “reach” pick when the stakes are so high. (Plus if you are in multiple local leagues and you already own him then it’s better to play it “safe” for the big money.)

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:57 am

Chalk up a minute wasted scanning this thread.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

nnoy

Post by nnoy » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:01 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
Chalk up a minute wasted scanning this thread. Come on Gordon I’m sure your “staff” is busy doing much of the same analysis that I am, you just don’t want to tip your hand.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:05 am

quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
Chalk up a minute wasted scanning this thread. Come on Gordon I’m sure your “staff” is busy doing much of the same analysis that I am, you just don’t want to tip your hand. [/QUOTE]You are only WASTING your time. That's my opinion, of course.

nnoy

Post by nnoy » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:10 am

We will see if your perception of “wasted time” equates to performance. In a world with perfect information every little scrap of additional insight may be the thing that ultimately makes the difference.

This is NOT your neighborhood league and anyone preparing like it is will need a ton of luck to see the final 32.

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:13 am

quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
Chalk up a minute wasted scanning this thread. Come on Gordon I’m sure your “staff” is busy doing much of the same analysis that I am, you just don’t want to tip your hand. [/QUOTE]Staff? Geck's lives in his parents basement with a bunch of gerbils and a habit trail. :D

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:21 am

Originally posted by Liquid:
Geck's lives in his parents basement with a bunch of gerbils and a habit trail. :D Liquid = waste = good one :D :D
Works both ways champ

nnoy

Post by nnoy » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:48 am

The exploits of Gordon go way back to the beginnings of the NFBC message board. On numerous occasions he has referenced his “staff.” Whether or not he employs any former staffers from the NJ Gov’s office is open for debate, odds he has a hamster are –120.

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:48 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Liquid:
Geck's lives in his parents basement with a bunch of gerbils and a habit trail. :D Liquid = waste = good one :D :D
Works both ways champ
[/QUOTE]Hehehe