NFL Analysts

botherk

NFL Analysts

Post by botherk » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:03 am

Who are your favorite and least liked analysts?

I can't stand Dan Dierdorf- Pompous with puns, a bad combo.
Joe Theismann, the guy can be in solitaire and not even notice. As long as he can hear himself talk, he doesen't need an audience (and shouldn't have one)

Those I like-
Despite his poor job with the Lions, Matt Millen was my favorite analyst before leaving for the front office. I'm hoping he can pick up where he left off.
Chris Collinsworth has grown on me. Initially, I thought he wanted to make the broadcast about HIM, but he has softened that and become a competent analyst.

[ September 11, 2009, 12:04 PM: Message edited by: DOUGHBOYS ]
Alge? Braylon? Knowshon?
C'mon parents!

Here are some names for football players.
Ouch, Hitcha, Juke, Blitz

pizzatyme

NFL Analysts

Post by pizzatyme » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:07 am

Let's see how Collinsworthless does when he does color for a Pats game. :rolleyes:
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

botherk

NFL Analysts

Post by botherk » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:18 am

Originally posted by Just Russ:
Let's see how Collinsworthless does when he does color for a Pats game. :rolleyes: And your favs?
Alge? Braylon? Knowshon?
C'mon parents!

pizzatyme

NFL Analysts

Post by pizzatyme » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:01 pm

Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:
quote:Originally posted by Just Russ:
Let's see how Collinsworthless does when he does color for a Pats game. :rolleyes: And your favs? [/QUOTE]I really like Aikman. I think he brings intelligent commentary and insight. Most are lacking one or both in the booth.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

rkulaski

NFL Analysts

Post by rkulaski » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:50 pm

Aikman has definitely grown on me.

I've always liked Collinsworth and thought he did a pretty good job on Thursday night. Pointing out the titans d was wearing down and their 4 man rush wasn't good enough in the 4th qu. and also the comment about the steelers switching from no-huddle to a huddle offense once they got near the goaline allowing the titans to substitute. Good overall analysis.

Kevin Harlan has also grown on me. Dick Enberg while older is still possbily my favorite.

My favorite of all time: Summerall and Madden.

Overrated: Joe Buck. I want to like him but he's just too boring sometimes.

Wish Brent Musberger was back doing nfl play by play.

D-Day Heroes

NFL Analysts

Post by D-Day Heroes » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:24 pm

Originally posted by rkulaski:
Aikman has definitely grown on me.

I've always liked Collinsworth and thought he did a pretty good job on Thursday night. Pointing out the titans d was wearing down and their 4 man rush wasn't good enough in the 4th qu. and also the comment about the steelers switching from no-huddle to a huddle offense once they got near the goaline allowing the titans to substitute. Good overall analysis.

Kevin Harlan has also grown on me. Dick Enberg while older is still possbily my favorite.

My favorite of all time: Summerall and Madden.

Overrated: Joe Buck. I want to like him but he's just too boring sometimes.

Wish Brent Musberger was back doing nfl play by play. Kulaski ,

Funny you bring him up , because i was just watching ESPN Classics where he called the " Hail Mary Game" in the Flutie - Kosar Classic down in Miami.I am with you all the way with Brent Musberger, IMO , there is NO ONE BETTER !!!

Honestly , after listening to Brent do a Game , its difficult for me to listen to anyone else.

You never listen to BM and say , " What the hell is he talking about ". He is always one step in front of all the others.

I wish I knew who to contact in the industry, so I could let them know that BM is The Gold Standard , and who they should get to do all the Biggest Games, and have all the rookie sports casters study and learn his style.

The Reason I'm so passionate about this , is for someone who watches so much sports ( some may say , too much ) , I am sick and tired of listening to guys that have no business doing this job. For all of us that enjoy listening to someone "call a great game " , We sure can appreciate someone like Brent Musberger.

He is OLD School !!

Very Knowledgable, Witty ( just the right amount of humor ,he is no NO CLOWN ), Accurate , No Nonsense , Totally Proffesional , Brent is the Mustard :cool:
" When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. "
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

botherk

NFL Analysts

Post by botherk » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:30 pm

Brent Musberger with Jimmy the Greek Snyder....Classic.
They hated each others guts, but Musberger, especially, was so professional that it was hardly apparent to the viewer.
Summerall and Brookshier were one helluva team.
Alge? Braylon? Knowshon?
C'mon parents!

D-Day Heroes

NFL Analysts

Post by D-Day Heroes » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:41 pm

Doughboys , I've been meaning to tell you , You Have Great Post , Very funny and witty , keep them comming :cool:
" When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. "
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

botherk

NFL Analysts

Post by botherk » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:23 pm

Thanks D-Day. I'm glad you enjoy. I'll do my best.
Alge? Braylon? Knowshon?
C'mon parents!

Diesel

NFL Analysts

Post by Diesel » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:54 am

In my opinion, Dennis Miller was THE worst sportscaster in the history of the game. I usually don't even listen to the play by plays, because I'm usually flipping from one channel to another, but on Monday nights, you're forced to keep tuned on that channel. I'm so glad he was a "one year and out" guy on Monday nights.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."