Rules Proposals For 2008

Greg Ambrosius

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:32 am

I know there were some rules changes that were suggested on the boards, but I'll open this thread for the formal suggestions now. I will unveil our 2008 rules and prize structure right after the new year and we'll start taking registrations for 2008 in the next week as well. We will again be drafting Labor Day weekend at the Flamingo Las Vegas, New York Sheraton, Orlando Holiday Inn and in Chicago. Chicago is the only city that we don't have a hotel contract finalized yet as unfortunately the Oakbrook Marriott has our space reserved for another event and we're working hard to find an alternative location. The Donald E. Stephens Convention Center is also booked for that weekend, so we're looking. Stay tuned.

Two rule proposals I've seen on the boards include:

1. Making interceptions for QBs -2 points and giving 2 points for defenses for INTs. We currently have 1 point for each. I would also consider 1.5 instead of 1.0 or 2.0, so we'll keep this one open for debate. Heck, I'd also consider leaving this alone at 1.0 per INT.

2. There has been a suggestion to allow official scoring changes past Wednesday at noon EST. For whatever reason, Elias does make changes on Thursday's, so I understand the passion to change the official deadline. That being said, having finality at a reasonable time during the week is also good. Again, I'll listen to the debate and we can make this change soon.

Any other topics for discussion? Post them here and thanks all.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

BillyWaz

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:53 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

1. Making interceptions for QBs -2 points and giving 2 points for defenses for INTs. We currently have 1 point for each. Defenses currently get 2 for an INT. I would have no problem giving -2 for QBs (would make it consistent).

Would certainly help out those 4 INT's games where a QB still gets 20+ points.

Is -2 for a lost fumble being considered? Like INT's it -1 for the player and defenses currently get 2 points for a fumble recovery.

I also agree with pushing the socring deadline as far back as possible.

[ December 25, 2007, 11:59 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

da bears

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by da bears » Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:59 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

1. Making interceptions for QBs -2 points and giving 2 points for defenses for INTs. We currently have 1 point for each. Defenses currently get 2 for an INT. I would have no problem giving -2 for QBs (would make it consistent).

Would certainly help out those 4 INT's games where a QB still gets 20+ points.

Is -2 for a lost fumble being considered? Like INT's it -1 for the player and defenses currently get 2 points for a fumble recovery.
[/QUOTE]Yeah I like giving -2 pts for an interception for a qb, but also giving -2 pts for a fumble by any offensive player would be reasonable too.
Bauler Shot Caller

BillyWaz

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:00 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
SNAKE votes
3) ban those that pose a great threat to MB peace and harmony (like GiGi Le Femme for example) when they post something that is clearly incinedary from the MB Playground for a time period of one week...

...SNAKE If this implemented I am betting SNAKE would no longer exist and SNAKE II would have 2,000 posts by the start of the 2008 season!

Latham

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by Latham » Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:09 am

I would agree with both proposals listed, especially #2. A wednesday deadline is worthless if the NFL is going to wait until Thursday to announce stat changes. Pick a deadline which enables the stats to be correct, probably late Thursday or Friday. I think giving QB negative 2 for an interception would also be a good idea, matching it up with the two points currently awarded to defense.

weber7777

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by weber7777 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:10 am

LEAGUE STRUCTURES CHANGE WHICH IM SURE (MAYBE NOT EXACTLY) BUT EVERYONE WOULD BE INTERESTED IN.. THIS IS JUST MY SUGGESTION:

1. Individual Leagues. Run the leagues (all of them) like you run the auction leagues and some of the satellites in terms of individual team money. Top 2 get byes after 13 weeks. You can give money if you want to these 2 teams as well (can be worked out), next 4 based on head to head and points play week 14. Then weeks 15 and 16 you complete the playoff. You award money for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. (This keeps alot more people interested in their leagues through 13 weeks. gives alot of people chances at money and doesn't take away from the big 100k prize which i will address below:

2. Main Event Championship. Make it very simple. This 100k should go to the team with the most points. I wouldn't open up a chance after 13 weeks to everyone but in this year's situation, after 13 weeks, you simply take the top 50 or 60 scoring teams and put them in the Main Event Tournament. Period. There shouldn't be automatic bids so to speak and this eliminates teams who have an easy head to head during regular season. The 100k prize should go to one of 50 or 60 teams that has best point total after 13 weeks.

These 2 rules kill 2 birds with one stone. It keeps interest alive with head to head in individual leagues and awards the very best for the 100k prize. So in effect you could win the 100k and not win money in your individual league.

Just a suggestion:

[ December 25, 2007, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: weber ]
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

weber7777

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by weber7777 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:15 am

One other thing which i think would be good for the league:

AUCTION LEAGUES:

- Create an end of season main event tournament for the auction leagues. If you want to be eligible to par take in the tournament (you would have to qualify though) you have to pay extra with your fee. if you don't pay and you qualify you can't partake (sort of like the bonus on a let it ride table or carribean stud (if you don/t put the dollar in you don't get bonus..).. i think you'd have to do it this way because all the leagues are different entry fees.. unless you make one entry fee, this would work..

i'd be happy to work out some numbers and proposals greg.

i'd like to also add some more auction satellites
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

Sound Advice

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by Sound Advice » Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:18 am

After 2 years in the NFFC - hmmm- I guess I'd like to see the big check awarded randomly.

But that's just me and my sorry arse.

lumpy463

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by lumpy463 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:19 am

I would suggest the three teams that win money in each league be the best record rank, points rank, breakdown rank.

Who is 1st, 2nd, 3rd in line for the money is up to you!

Derek "Lumpy" Anderson

P.S. Thanks for the new win multiple leagues get a free entry rule this year. Lumpy's Losers will enjoy a free $650 entry next year.
Derek "Lumpy" Anderson