Live Chat With Me Today ALL DAY

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri May 07, 2010 2:58 am

After spending three days at our Fanball headquarters in St. Louis, I'm back in lovely Iola and ready to talk some football, NFFC, how I factor into Halle Berry's breakup and anything else your heart desires.

Let's make this a running chat throughout the day. You ask the questions and I'll pop in periodically and supply the answers? Sound good? Let's kick off the weekend with a fun NFFC chat.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri May 07, 2010 3:10 am

Originally posted by GK:
...TK - yea or nay - I fully understand the importance of having a productive and consistent QB on your squad however do you feel that the early drafting that has been done thus far this season has put too high a premium on QB's based on their average ADP's?...thanks much...GK For years I was a "Wait on QBs" guy but the past few years have changed my approach completely due in large part to the regression at the position in the NFL. I still don't think I'll target a QB in the first two rounds but I am no longer shying away from grabbing a stud QB beginning in Round 3. I think the value of having a top QB you can trust week in and week out is immense. I realize that you can hit on gold if you wait (Rogers and Rivers in 2008; Schaub last season) but you can also hit on crap too (Cutler last year, for example).

I want the best talent possible at each position. I realize that's hardly a revolutionary idea but that means I'm prepared to pay a steeper price at QB if necessary. I look at the auction team I got in the magazine league. I failed to land a top QB and I'm willing to bet my chances to win the league title are gone as a result. So for me, I want a top QB if possible this year. Again, I won't take one in the first or second rounds but starting in the third I will look at that position as an option.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Fri May 07, 2010 3:41 am

Tom,

Let's move on from the past couple of months.

I for one think this year you can wait on a QB.
QB's like C.Palmer,M.Ryan,D.McNabb, J.Cutler and even E.Manning I would not mind having as my #1 QB, and building up my RB's and WR's by holding off on taking a QB early.

Thanks,

John

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri May 07, 2010 3:46 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
Tom,

Let's move on from the past couple of months.

I for one think this year you can wait on a QB.
QB's like C.Palmer,M.Ryan,D.McNabb, J.Cutler and even E.Manning I would not mind having as my #1 QB, and building up my RB's and WR's by holding off on taking a QB early.

Thanks,

John That's definitely an option and it could pan out. I don't expect McNabb to be as prolific as he was with the Eagles but he's very talented so it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him be a legit QB1. Cutler certainly has the talent and Lord knows he'll air it out a ton but airing it out a ton didn't always help him last season. It's also important to note that outside of 2008, Cutler has typically been a guy who starts fast and fades. He did that with the Broncos too.

I like Ryan but I think he and Eli are committee QB guys. If that's your approach it could work out but then you're spending every week trying to guess which QB to start. Getting a stud guy early means you have that spot locked in every week but one barring injury. I like having that peace of mind.

I think Palmer is really regressing. He looked awful last season and it wasn't just a lack of talent in the passing game. I don't think he's fully recovered from his 2008 injury. He's a guy I'm going to steer clear of this season unless the value is tremendous.

[ May 07, 2010, 09:47 AM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Fri May 07, 2010 3:57 am

I think Palmer is really regressing. He looked awful last season and it wasn't just a lack of talent in the passing game. I don't think he's fully recovered from his 2008 injury. He's a guy I'm going to steer clear of this season unless the value is tremendous.

I have Palmer as a guy with his weapons that could finishing in the Top 5. They will air it out this season.

But do agree it's nice to have P.Manning or Brees or Romo and not worry who to start each and every week.

kapefear

Post by kapefear » Fri May 07, 2010 4:42 am

Tom,with a couple of drafts under my belt and viewing several others, I was wondering your early thoughts on KDS and come sept. were you'd like to be and why? I am a firm believer of 1-5,that gives you 1 of the top 4 backs or Andre Johnson...With the onslot of wr's and early QB's this year it really is tough..

About the QB's I think your on point...Brees,Rodgers,Manning,Rivers,Schuab,Brady..,I think after that your staring at Big Ben 4-6 games suspension,Mcnabb,Palmer and so on...

1 sidebar is Romo,if posistioned correctly, he could fall to you and be this years SCHUAB...

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri May 07, 2010 5:10 am

Originally posted by kapefear:
Tom,with a couple of drafts under my belt and viewing several others, I was wondering your early thoughts on KDS and come sept. were you'd like to be and why? I am a firm believer of 1-5,that gives you 1 of the top 4 backs or Andre Johnson...With the onslot of wr's and early QB's this year it really is tough..

About the QB's I think your on point...Brees,Rodgers,Manning,Rivers,Schuab,Brady..,I think after that your staring at Big Ben 4-6 games suspension,Mcnabb,Palmer and so on...

1 sidebar is Romo,if posistioned correctly, he could fall to you and be this years SCHUAB... I don't think Romo falls to where Schaub was last year. I think his value is going to rise between now and the NFFC. For me, the QBs I would feel comfortable with as my starters are:

Brees
Rodgers
Manning
Brady
Romo
Rivers
Schaub

That's it. That's just over half in a 12-team league and exactly half in the NFFC Classic. That's not a lot of QBs to feel comfortable with which is why I'm willing to pursue one of them earlier if necessary.

As far as KDS, I think this is going to be a great year for KDS because the first round looks wild. For me, I want one of the Top 4 (Johnson, Peterson, MJD or Rice). After that, I would give strong consideration to moving to the back of the round - especially in a Primetime format.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

williamhare

Post by williamhare » Fri May 07, 2010 5:49 am

Tom-
With McNabb gone, what adjustments did you make in the values of EAGLES McCoy,Jackson,Macklin,Celek?
thanks, Bill/HMan

Sideline Sage

Post by Sideline Sage » Fri May 07, 2010 6:04 am

TK,

You hinted at possibly some new sites for the live drafts. Any hints? When will they be announced? I want to make my travel plans for the high stakes leagues.