First Impressions of the NFFC Primetime

fflmaster

Post by fflmaster » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:34 am

so what is everyone's first impressions of the nffc this year? for those that are new and those that have been here for years

mine:

1. the draft was great, smooth and incredibly fast. my live draft was only 1.5 hours total.

in the last wcoff i was in the draft took over 4.5 hours with breaks.

2. the computer system is very easy to use and changing lineups and bidding is extremely easy.

i would like to see the live scores on the first page if at all possible. i hate to have to reopen the page and wait for all the teams to recalculate.

3. kds was an interesting twist as most seem to get around where they wanted (that could be bad or good now)

however, i think this is why we didn't get early draft slots and i know many people that wanted them.

4. i am NOT a fan of the 3rr. i think that gimmick has seen its day and is just a gimmick now to be different. don't like that play at all.

if anything, i think the back half of the draft now has a huge advantage over the top half. this is probably why most put the back half as their top choices in the draft options.

5. i HATE the fact that is no playoff system.

i can see many many teams that will just stop turning in lineups at the end of the year. this will give many teams easy wins and with no playoffs if your player is out for a game or two and you lose the season is over.

i have been burnt before in playoffs (top scoring team and top record team only to lose in the first round), but i have also won leagues by just getting into the playoffs.

overall, i have had a positive experience with the nffc for the first couple of weeks (just wish playoffs were involved), but would like to hear from others what they see/think after just a couple of weeks.
its nice to be the master

thegambler

Post by thegambler » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:59 am

not a fan of KDS and definitely not a fan of 3rr....i also think it has run its course.

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:35 am

I LOVE 3rr and it hasnt run its course as i would bet the number one pick is still the pick most people want.
Picking 12 in the ffpc is a tough spot but in the NFFC there isnt a bad place to be because of 3rr.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

renman

Post by renman » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:56 am

I love 3RR and when combined with KDS gets me excited about and INVOLVED WITH the NFFC and fantasy football well before the draft. I now look at ADP's and draft boards and try to identify where on the board the players I covet are going. Some years I want to be at the top of the draft and care less about getting a slightly lesser 3rd round pick, other years I want to be at the back end.

I like the strategy it creates as opposed to just being randomly given a spot. I also think the stats showing what draft positions/spots have won the most will show more equity with 3rr than without it.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:59 am

Originally posted by thegambler:
not a fan of KDS and definitely not a fan of 3rr....i also think it has run its course. To the contrary, I think it is the future of high stakes leagues. I understand some people hope to get lucky with a good draft slot so they can start with an edge, but this is a much better system that gives everyone an equal opportunity to begin their season.

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:59 am

i'm a fan of 3RR and KDS.

Only thing I would change is an extra team making the play-offs in the OC. I think 3 teams should get in.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:15 am

Huge fan of KDS and 3RR. I'll take some control of my destiny over fate deciding it everyday of the week.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:49 am

I appreciate the feedback guys and I'm as interested in hearing the feedback as you all are in giving it. For me, I also want to know if:

a) KDS/3RR is holding the NFFC back from growing.

b) If the 12-team format could be better served with an old-fashioned WCOFF setup of straight serpentine and league playoffs. Or is our current Primetime setup of KDS/3RR, 13 weeks of regular season without playoffs the way to go.

c) Is the do-or-die league playoffs in Weeks 12 and 13 more favored by fantasy players than 13 straight weeks of regular season? Is it more fair to reward the best teams through 13 weeks or reward four teams through only 11 weeks and then have h2h matchups determine the top league money winners? I'm interested in this one particularly.

Great thread and thanks for all the honest opinions. All will be taken into consideration for next year's NFFC Primetime format.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:02 am

I like kds and 3rr. The kds probably stops the online event from growing even larger as it's more difficult to do last minute sign ups but it's perfect for the main event.

I absolutely love that their is NOT a playoff! For me this really is my favorite rule in the NFFC. I hope that never changes.

Wayne