Hump Day Chat Has Begun

Tom Kessenich

Hump Day Chat Has Begun

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:01 am

Originally posted by JSF:
What time in Vegas Time will the Draft Masters event begin in Las Vegas? Draft Masters will begin at 1 p.m. in each city.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Hump Day Chat Has Begun

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:32 am

Nathan, I just saw your post and in no way are we looking to reduce any league size. The NFFC will continually be unique with its 14-team league format and this year's competition and future competitions will remain 14-team leagues. If we somehow finish with seven signups on Monday morning after the deadline and we're short of a full league, we'll decide if we still can fill that one or refund those last seven people. We'll work hard these last 4+ days to get as many people as we can, but in no way will any change occur to the NFFC league format.

It's been a fun day, but the night is only beginning. I'm here all night again to take your calls and e-mails, so feel free to continue this chat and Tom and I will both chime in when we can. Otherwise we're busy filling this 14th NFFC league and should start that 15th league tonight as we head to 210 total teams and at least a $100,000 grand prize. Thanks everyone as this has really, really been a rush.

I'm almost too old to handle days like these.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Hump Day Chat Has Begun

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:42 am

Just a clarification, as Greg said we won't reduce the NFFC size in any way. But one option for the Draft Masters and Auction if we come up with an odd number is reducing the league sizes in those events. Again, that's just a possibility, not etched in stone by any means. We'll explore all of our options if we need to cross that bridge.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

ultimatefs

Hump Day Chat Has Begun

Post by ultimatefs » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:45 am

Tom, I would be less than thrilled if Auction was reduced to 12 from 14. 10-12 teams leagues are all star leagues. 14-16 forces you to know ALL the talent, and to take a few bold risks based on your prep.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Tom Kessenich

Hump Day Chat Has Begun

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:52 am

I agree John. Again, it's just ideas we're tossing around internally. We're going to do everything we can to keep the 14-team leagues for all of our events. We're definitely excited about going with this league size because of the level of competition involved. So keep signing up for those leagues guys and we won't have any of these discussions.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Hump Day Chat Has Begun

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:22 pm

Someone asked the question on another thread about the featured guest speakers. We have O.J. Anderson coming to New York and Dan Jiggetts coming to Chicago and I think Napoleon McCallum coming to Las Vegas on Friday at 5 p.m. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten any confirmation from the NFLPA on McCallum and it seems that all of my contacts there are on vacation this week. I assume it's the getaway before the long season, but I'm frustrated because I'd like to be able to announce that here but don't have the facts.

I'll let you know as soon as I get a confirmation on Las Vegas.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

FFMadMan

Hump Day Chat Has Begun

Post by FFMadMan » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:49 pm

As far as that other event goes - who cares about $500 for fourth place? Is that really supposed to entice me? I'm out to win.