Hump Day Chat Has Begun

Tom Kessenich

Hump Day Chat Has Begun

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:56 am

It's Wednesday, these are the NFFC message boards so that means it's time to step up at the line of scrimmage and have ourselves a chat. So what's on your minds today? Greg and I are keeping a watch on the boards as we continue to take signups and talk to our members, so we'll be here to chat. So let's have at it.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Diesel

Hump Day Chat Has Begun

Post by Diesel » Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:58 am

Tom, who do you think will be the starting RB for the Lions?
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Tom Kessenich

Hump Day Chat Has Begun

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:00 am

Kevin Jones if he's healthy or close to it. If Jones isn't 100 percent, we could see Mooch use Jones, Pinner and Bryson in some fashion collectively. But Jones was drafted to be the guy and if he's healthy I think he's the one who will get the majority of the carries.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

InItToWinIt

Hump Day Chat Has Begun

Post by InItToWinIt » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:01 am

Tom/Greg,

Any response to this post by the commish of the Kahuna Sports league?

"Our people prefer playing with us because they prefer a 12 team league versus a 14 team league, more league prizes, better scoring system and they trust going with a company that has been running quality leagues on the net for the last nine years compared to a once a year gig for the NFFC.

So, if you want to get down to brass tax, Kahuna Sports gives more for less per league than NFFC and we also pay the fourth team $500, last I checked the NFFC only pays top three."

Tom Kessenich

Hump Day Chat Has Begun

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:03 am

Greg's working the phones, but he'll be posting something shortly. One thing I do want to say is that we don't delete posts on our boards unless we feel someone has crossed the line. And we certainly have never shied away from mentioning the other events by name. They're out there, everyone knows they're out there and it's up to consumers to decide for themselves which event is right for them.

[ August 25, 2004, 02:18 PM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Hump Day Chat Has Begun

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:09 am

Just an FYI for everyone, we are over 190 sign-ups for the NFFC. We've had a very strong week so far and there's no doubt in my mind the rush of sign-ups is due in large part to Greg's announcement on Sunday night. Things are looking good and we feel very good about the group of individuals who have signed up for this event. It's a strong, obviously very loyal group and we are 100 percent convinced you guys are going to really have a great time this season.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

nnoy

Hump Day Chat Has Begun

Post by nnoy » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:16 am

Actually I can’t argue with your policy of leaving all threads on the board that do not “cross the line.” It’s says something about the contest that you are confident enough in it for any discussion to take place. And you have created a loyal enough following that you don’t have to respond to any negative statements about the event, as there are plenty of members that will take care of that for you.

nnoy

Hump Day Chat Has Begun

Post by nnoy » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:19 am

Tom,

Where do you think M. Faulk’s real value is? I personally believe he is still a top-10 player for this scoring system. However, I’ve seen him going in the 2nd round in a number of mock drafts. I don’t even hear him being mentioned with S. Alexander and the Edge, but I believe he can still outperform both this year.

Tom Kessenich

Hump Day Chat Has Begun

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:24 am

I think as long as Faulk is healthy he's a legitimate Top 10 RB. However, his recent injury history makes him a very risky pick in the first round. I would take Alexander without question ahead of him and Edge (who I also have concerns about) as well. I do like Faulk a lot in this scoring system, but given his injury history, advancing age and problems with the Rams' offensive line, he's not someone I would feel confident taking in the first round.

That said, if you can pair him with a stud RB, you are going to have some outstanding RB production in the weeks Faulk plays. No doubt about that in my mind.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

nnoy

Hump Day Chat Has Begun

Post by nnoy » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:27 am

I know the Saturday schedule has been tweaked a little, does the website still accurately reflect it? To be more precise what time does the actual NFFC main event start?