-- Rattay Tears Groin --

hammer

-- Rattay Tears Groin --

Post by hammer » Sat May 08, 2004 12:50 am

Fri May 7, 2004 --from FFMastermind.com

The official website of the San Francisco 49ers reports QB Tim Ratty was injured during the first practice session Friday on what would otherwise have been a routine play. While rolling out to throw a short pass, Rattay felt a pop in his groin and he then fell to the ground. The 49ers received word on the groin injury and the word wasn’t good according to GM Terry Donahue. “The preliminary report is that Tim has had a serious tear in the upper groin area,” Donahue said. “The doctors will take a closer look tomorrow and Sunday, and have some discussions with Tim about his options. “The reality is that the tear is serious and he will miss a substantial amount of time.” Donahue was asked late Friday if the injury to Rattay means the team will pursue a veteran signal caller. “We’ll have to have that discussion if this appears to be a long rehab that runs into training camp or the beginning of the season,” Donahue said. “At this time it is premature to make that decision because we have to learn more about the medical options for Tim.” Donahue did say the options are twofold and clear: either let the injury heal naturally or undergo surgery. He will meet with team orthopedist Dr. Michael Dillingham over the weekend to discuss it further.
----------------------------------------------

Tom must have Rattay in his local dynasty league ;)

hammer

Diesel

-- Rattay Tears Groin --

Post by Diesel » Sat May 08, 2004 8:21 am

Collins or Gannon must be headed for San Fran...
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

wombat

-- Rattay Tears Groin --

Post by wombat » Sun May 09, 2004 3:22 pm

49ers would be smart to just keep their money and go with Ken Dorsey until Rattay comes back. It's not like they are going anywhere this season.

hammer

-- Rattay Tears Groin --

Post by hammer » Sun May 09, 2004 4:57 pm

By the way, how in the world are the 49ers only about 1 million under the cap? They got rid of Garcia, Hearst, Owens, Streets, Deese and Stone and still haven't signed Julian Peterson... somebody get a capologist to the bay area ASAP!

Tom Kessenich

-- Rattay Tears Groin --

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon May 10, 2004 2:52 am

Originally posted by hammer:
Fri May 7, 2004 --from FFMastermind.com

The official website of the San Francisco 49ers reports QB Tim Ratty was injured during the first practice session Friday on what would otherwise have been a routine play. While rolling out to throw a short pass, Rattay felt a pop in his groin and he then fell to the ground. The 49ers received word on the groin injury and the word wasn’t good according to GM Terry Donahue. “The preliminary report is that Tim has had a serious tear in the upper groin area,” Donahue said. “The doctors will take a closer look tomorrow and Sunday, and have some discussions with Tim about his options. “The reality is that the tear is serious and he will miss a substantial amount of time.” Donahue was asked late Friday if the injury to Rattay means the team will pursue a veteran signal caller. “We’ll have to have that discussion if this appears to be a long rehab that runs into training camp or the beginning of the season,” Donahue said. “At this time it is premature to make that decision because we have to learn more about the medical options for Tim.” Donahue did say the options are twofold and clear: either let the injury heal naturally or undergo surgery. He will meet with team orthopedist Dr. Michael Dillingham over the weekend to discuss it further.
----------------------------------------------

Tom must have Rattay in his local dynasty league ;)

hammer You referring to me, hammer? I'm not a Rattay owner.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

nnoy

-- Rattay Tears Groin --

Post by nnoy » Tue May 11, 2004 9:19 am

Originally posted by hammer:
By the way, how in the world are the 49ers only about 1 million under the cap? They got rid of Garcia, Hearst, Owens, Streets, Deese and Stone and still haven't signed Julian Peterson... somebody get a capologist to the bay area ASAP! It’s called taking an immediate cap hit for any of the remaining prorated signing bonus money that these guys received. That’s why we NEVER see any blockbuster deals including the true superstars in the NFL. You can’t deal a guy and take a cap hit like that.

hammer

-- Rattay Tears Groin --

Post by hammer » Wed May 12, 2004 12:52 am

i hope that means the 9ers will be out of cap jail by 2005

and tom, thanks for all the information updates... when i saw you hadn't updated rattay's injury, i thought you were as mischevious as me ;) (as a dorsey owner in my local dynasty, i plastered that story on the message board the moment i saw it)

Tom Kessenich

-- Rattay Tears Groin --

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed May 12, 2004 1:10 am

Nope, nothing mischevious going on here -- well at least nothing with regard to Rattay anyway. ;)
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich