Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:15 am

Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

dgamblnman

Ricky Williams: I'd Rather Smoke Dope Than Play Football

Post by dgamblnman » Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:04 am

The funniest line of the story....

...and his hero, the late reggae musician Bob Marley, admitted smoking it daily.

Someone should explain the meaning of "late" in this context.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:55 pm

Originally posted by the snake:
you guys should leave RW alone man - let him live his life the way he's most comfortable and wants to...how many of you guys left a job (or 2 or 3 or...) with 2 weeks or less notice to your boss, co-workers and company?...you think you could have possibly left them scrambling?...but you were't held up for public scrutiny and ridicule like RW is right at this moment..."Umm..... if I ever quit a job with less than 2 weeks notice, I don't think there would be 40,000 plus people (season ticket holders who HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE PISSED!) upset at me for leaving. I agree that Ricky has a right to make his own decisions, but comparing him to an "average Joe" is ludicrous! When you are a professional athlete, YOU ARE scrutinized for everything you do..... it is part of the job description. ;)

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:57 pm

...inside RW's brain...

weed > football

...simple decision...
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

JerseyPaul

Post by JerseyPaul » Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:25 pm

Originally posted by the snake:
Bob Marley is literally a hero to millions, including yours truly...and it has nothing to do with his well documented love affair with ganja - it's for his brilliant musicianship and vision...you guys should leave RW alone man - let him live his life the way he's most comfortable and wants to...how many of you guys left a job (or 2 or 3 or...) with 2 weeks or less notice to your boss, co-workers and company?...you think you could have possibly left them scrambling?...but you were't held up for public scrutiny and ridicule like RW is right at this moment..."judge not lest he be judged"...why are there so many folks out there with narrow-minded blinders-on jock vision?..besides the fantasy world will be alot more interesting with A-Train or O. Smith in Miami - it opens the RB position up a little bit...SNAKE Sorry, but Mr. Williams is wrong, on many, many levels.

[ July 29, 2004, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: JerseyPaul ]

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:29 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
...inside RW's brain...

weed > football

...simple decision... YEP YEP!!

BONGIZMO

Post by BONGIZMO » Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:23 pm

All I can say is thank GOD for Fantasy Football! I have been a life long Fish Fan and the feeling I have only is compared to the dark years of Yankeedom in the late 70's early 80's when the team became a circus sideshow...this will be a very long year barring a miracle and after 30 years since a Bowl victory it sure doesn't look like that string will be broken anytime soon... :(
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:49 pm

Snake,you said "Bob Marley is literally a hero to millions, including yours truly" Each his own.
ricky williams says he wants to travel and than help kids. Like who the heck wants some doped out ex football player trying to teach them anything.
Whats he going to teach them? Smoke dope, drop out, and blame the system for everything? 3 pops on the drug test says it all. Hes an addict who couldn't kick it. Sure weeds safe. Just ask ricky.