Finalized: Satellite Tournament for entry into 2005 NFFC

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:56 pm

Satellite Tournament for entry into 2005 NFFC

Disclaimer: If any of the 14 pre-selected teams can’t make the draft or think there is a chance you can’t make it, please find a co-owner who can run it for you or drop out now. Or, if you don’t like what you see, drop out now. Sorry for the disclaimer, but I’ve been a commissioner before, and I’ve dealt with a lot of situations. Best to address them now.

Rules: Same as NFFC main event (except playoffs)
Scoring: Same as NFFC main event

Date of Draft: Tuesday, September 7th
Time of Draft: 8:30pm EST
Draft site: Via the Internet. Yahoo site
Time per draft pick: TBD, pending Internet site (would like 1 minute)
Draft order will be randomly determined by Greg or Tom once all participants have paid in full. The sooner everyone is paid, the sooner we can get our draft order.

Teams: 14
# of Leagues: 1
League Management Website: STATS, Inc. (Will be located on the NFFC site)

Cost: $100/team. Greg can charge your credit card. You will need to call or e-mail him to make sure this is done. Greg must hear from owners by Friday, August 27th or else you will be dropped from the tournament and replaced. Don’t mean to be harsh, but I don’t want to be put in the position of trying to find 2 or 3 owners in a couple of days. In addition, no refunds will be issued once payment is processed. If someone doesn’t like their draft position, that’s too bad. Sick, family emergency, etc…, please find a backup person to draft for you. Doubly final, no refunds.

Playoffs: Since this is a winner-take-all tournament, I believe it’s necessary to change the playoff structure a bit. The Satellite Tournament will consist of 14 teams competing in a 13 week head-to-head format. 4 teams advance to a three-week playoff.

Team 1 is selected first: The team with the best won-loss record after Week 13 (If tied, the team with the higher point total is selected).
Team 2 is selected second: The remaining team with the highest point total after Week 13 (If tied, the team with the better won-loss record is selected)
Team 3 is selected third: The remaining team with the highest point total after Week 13 (If tied, the team with the better won-loss record is selected)
Team 4 is selected fourth: The remaining team with the best won-loss record after Week 13 (If tied, the team with the higher point total is selected)

Teams will carry their average weekly score into the playoffs and then accumulate points to that total over the next three weeks of the season (Weeks 14, 15, 16) to determine the overall champion.

Prizes:
1) League Champion = Free entry into 2005 NFFC ($1,250)
2) League Champion will also receive some sort of trophy from the NFFC
3) Possible bragging rights over Gekko

League Participants (#'s are not draft order):
1. Scarecrow
2. JerseyPaul
3. Don Thompson
4. Gekko
5. JB
6. Dyv
7. Jason E
8. Ico Jones
9. Mr Bill
10. JSF
11. Joe Fitzpactrick
12. Vega$ Gambler$
13. Appleman
14. KJ Duke

I hope to make this an annual event with this getting some exposure in KP’s magazine. Next year, I’ll give each owner a chance to claim their spot before any “new” owners are accepted. But if an owner throws in the towel and becomes a “dead” team this year, you will not get an invite.

Seems simple enough, now let’s have some fun. If I don’t have your e-mail address, it’s best if you send it to me. I may need to correspond via e-mail to give out the password for Yahoo, etc…

If you have any questions or if I missed anything, let me know. My e-mail is [email protected]. Thanks.

[ August 22, 2004, 11:50 AM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

JB

Post by JB » Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:46 pm

Greg, you have my permission to charge my credit card. I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow morning and will be gone for a week. I can't wait to come back and see what pick I got. Later.

Appleman

Post by Appleman » Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:53 pm

Greg, you also have permission to charge my credit card for this event.Questions, just send private message or e-mail.Thanks Again for setting this up and running the event Gordon!!

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:00 pm

Gordon, You got to be kidding me? mockdraftcentral.com was terrible! I mean it!
I hated that mock draft we did there. The site was so slow it was painful. Go ahead and count me out. I'm not going to suffer through that again!

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:03 pm

Greg is doing us a favor with this league, so let's make it as easy as possible for him to match up owners to credit cards. He's dealing with 200+ people and may not know who you are just from reading your MB name. I'd suggest calling him or e-mailing him with your name so he can match you up with your credit card #. Thanks.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:07 pm

Originally posted by Walla Walla:
Gordon, You got to be kidding me? mockdraftcentral.com was terrible! I mean it!
I hated that mock draft we did there. The site was so slow it was painful. Go ahead and count me out. I'm not going to suffer through that again! If anyone has a better suggestion, I'm listening. Thanks.

khandy29

Post by khandy29 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:50 pm

Pay $9.99 and use fanball's draftroom. Only problem is that their times doesnt go under 2 minutes but you have total control of the draft and can stop it if needbe.

JerseyPaul

Post by JerseyPaul » Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:09 pm

Originally posted by Walla Walla:
Gordon, You got to be kidding me? mockdraftcentral.com was terrible! I mean it! I hated that mock draft we did there. The site was so slow it was painful. Go ahead and count me out. I'm not going to suffer through that again! Originally posted by Walla Walla:
No way I'm doing a phone patch auction! Don't even think about it. If we're talking the phone patch to run the auction I'll take the refund first.Wa Wa

Second time WAlla WAlla has threatened to pick up his marbles and go home. Just replace him, he'll whine all season.

[ August 21, 2004, 01:51 AM: Message edited by: JerseyPaul ]

JerseyPaul

Post by JerseyPaul » Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:20 pm

Greg, you have my permission to charge my credit card for this incredible event.

Gordon, please amend your "rules" to add Eastern Time to the time....if that's what you meant. Also, without auto refresh, I think we need 2 minutes. In any case, I don't believe that the site allows a setting of less than 2 minutes (not sure of this). Lastly, suggest you dry run the league set-up with a test league to make sure you have all the settings (of which there are many) done correctly. Better yet, maybe Greg can get his friends at that "partner" site to set it up for you.

Xpertsleague has free survivor drafts. It's pretty similar to mockdraftcentral.

My Fantasy League could be used (draft as a mock) but they suck also.

Yahoo is free and good. I just set up a league for that date and time. If you decide to go with Yahoo, I'll give you the particulars.

Yahoo allows players to set up a draft list ahead of time which speeds things along. If you use the pre-draft list and connection is lost, the player chosen will much more likely be to your liking. Connection, however, has not been a problem with my Yahoo drafts. I have been the Commish of 6 or 8 Yahoo free leagues without technical incident. If I recall correctly, the draft timer is set to 90 seconds. Because it's a Java driven real-time system with everything you need quite clearly visible, 90 seconds works very well.

I've used Yahoo many, many times before and it's a great solution.

By the way, I still think you should drop Wa Wa and pick up somebody that really wants to be a part of this. Somebody constructive and positive.

[ August 21, 2004, 01:12 AM: Message edited by: JerseyPaul ]

dgamblnman

Post by dgamblnman » Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:12 pm

Actually, Yahoo is free. You are first sent to thier pay site, but they have a little link to thier free side. We can do it there. Take a look...

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1