F/A - Stecker - How Much?

nnoy

Post by nnoy » Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:26 am

As I mentioned before I will play Keyshawn and Roy Williams EVERY week after the week 4 bye. I will play C. Martin, Deuce, and S. Davis EVERY week once they are all healthy. I may need a 3rd RC (yes I will stay with my signature abbreviation) if Terrell plays like he did last week, but for the most part I am set.

This was a 1-2 week gamble, but I don’t really think there will be much on the FA wire the rest of the way that can have a significant impact on my team. I certainly don’t need to stash any money for QB depth and TE’s and K’s can be picked up for $1-5.

Talk to me after week 3, especially if this move nets me enough points to win my game.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:32 am

Originally posted by nnoy:
I don’t really think there will be much on the FA wire the rest of the way that can have a significant impact on my team. hehehe
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

mrx

Post by mrx » Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:41 am

Stecker went for 780 in LV4 (KJ Carter for 232).

(Nothing beats a total of 994 for Patten and Fisher last week, though...)
Calhooooooooooooun
2007 NFFC 7-6
2006 NFFC 4-9 (rebuilding year)

www.myspace.com/karchadonis

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:41 am

STECKER went for $780 in Ny League 2.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:03 pm

As I mentioned before I will play Keyshawn and Roy Williams EVERY week after the week 4 bye. I will play C. Martin, Deuce, and S. Davis EVERY week once they are all healthy. I may need a 3rd RC (yes I will stay with my signature abbreviation) if Terrell plays like he did last week, but for the most part I am set.

This was a 1-2 week gamble, but I don’t really think there will be much on the FA wire the rest of the way that can have a significant impact on my team. I certainly don’t need to stash any money for QB depth and TE’s and K’s can be picked up for $1-5.

Talk to me after week 3, especially if this move nets me enough points to win my game. Ok - you shot your wad on a gamble play - that's what I thought ;) Makes me think of 'all in' on a pair of 2's...

Dyv
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

nnoy

Post by nnoy » Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:15 pm

Your Hold’em analogy is very parallel to what happened to my team. I had Aces (Deuce and S. Davis) and some sucker stayed in on 7 3, and the flop came 7 3 3. Now I’m the short stack and I am forced to go all in with 88 (Blaylock and Lee are closer to 88 then 22.)

MidasMike

Post by MidasMike » Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:47 pm

Stecker went for 0$ in NY1 , cuz i had the wherewithall to draft him, may be just one of the many breaks i will need!

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:16 pm

Your Hold’em analogy is very parallel to what happened to my team. I had Aces (Deuce and S. Davis) and some sucker stayed in on 7 3, and the flop came 7 3 3. Now I’m the short stack and I am forced to go all in with 88 (Blaylock and Lee are closer to 88 then 22.) Deuce and S.Davis aces? More like a pocket K-6.

Not suited.

Tkats96

Post by Tkats96 » Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:51 pm

INDY- Sorry had to work so it's a late response. Damn job, can I just become a fantasy expert it would be so much easier. NO REGRETS on taking McNabb in 3rd Round. Our draft was planned for 3 RBs and a top 4 QB in first 4 Rds. I see a lot of jibber jabber on these boards abour WR vs RB, but really in the past 2-3 years the need for a high scoring QB has become almost the priority that the RBs have been. I must admit in Rd 2 before you guys Manning tempted us, but we stayed the course and took Westbrook (which has worked well so far). Our first 4 picks were the exact player we expected at each slot. I think we make up a bit for our WRs with pass catching RBs- Westbrook, Bennett, Barlow. WRs outside of the top 10-12 are just up and down constantly anyhow. My Koren Robinson pick will probably be relatively close to Darrell Jackson or Santana Moss both who are rated higher most places. At least in terms of weeks they play big Robinsons 6 weeks probably same as D Jax big 6 or 7 weeks.

For my team I want RBs and a stud QB and I'll work out the rest. As for McNabb I had a hunch he'd be top 3 this year and so far I was right. However the season is only 2 weeks old I have plenty of time to flame (hope not).

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:38 am

NNOY

I understand your desperation at RB (given the rash of injuries you've endured). I actually liked your R.Lee pickup. I think you got him at a good price. I bid enough to get him (175) but I had Carter just above him on the conditional list.
Like you, I was looking for immediate help, even if it is just temporary.

You know the funny thing about the MB. The overall winner will probably be someone who never posts. Kind of makes all this jabber like a 14th round pick. We gotta have it - but it really doesn't change much.